Author Topic: Lower the fuel consumption when a car is idling  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lower the fuel consumption when a car is idling
« on: May 18, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »
What the title says, really. I left my car's engine on at about 90% fuel, came back about fifteen minutes later and it was down at about 20%. Cars already use fuel quickly (it's understandable because OCRP isn't all super realistic) but when a car uses up nearly its full tank while idling for a short period of time, it doesn't even make any sense.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lower the fuel consumption when a car is idling
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »
What the title says, really. I left my car's engine on at about 90% fuel, came back about fifteen minutes later and it was down at about 20%. Cars already use fuel quickly (it's understandable because OCRP isn't all super realistic) but when a car uses up nearly its full tank while idling for a short period of time, it doesn't even make any sense.
Sorry.. But what are you complaining about? You left for 15 mins and only lost 70% gas. That isn't even much, seriously..

I've talked to Karma and asked him to give players a warning when they leave the car with the engine on.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
Sorry.. But what are you complaining about? You left for 15 mins and only lost 70% gas. That isn't even much, seriously..

I've talked to Karma and asked him to give players a warning when they leave the car with the engine on.

I don't know what I'm complaining about, maybe the fact that around 450 odd litres of fuel gets used up in such a short space of time while the car isn't even moving. I mean, if I was driving some extremely fuel inefficient sports car it'd make sense, but the fuel gets burnt up a bit too quickly for an idling car IMO.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »

I don't know what I'm complaining about, maybe the fact that around 450 odd litres of fuel gets used up in such a short space of time while the car isn't even moving. I mean, if I was driving some extremely fuel inefficient sports car it'd make sense, but the fuel gets burnt up a bit too quickly for an idling car IMO.
Then you should have shut your car off, it isn't that hard mate ..

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »

Then you should have shut your car off, it isn't that hard mate ..
Im in agreement with lewis here. While its good that cars lose fuel, its how fast that they do that is slightly unrealistic.
what

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
The entire game is unrealistic. Just turn your vehicle off. Its made at the amount it is to encourage use of the system. You shouldn't keep your car running anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 09:33:04 PM »
The entire game is unrealistic. Just turn your vehicle off. Its made at the amount it is to encourage use of the system. You shouldn't keep your car running anyway.

Actualy the point of turning vehicle engines on and off primarily was to address the problem of criminals jumping in vehicles and driving off after being rammed out.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »
Yeah but when your a cop and your taking care a problems cops do not turn off there car..and the gas drops really fast for just sitting there...

From a full tank to rp out a chase then the arrest and rp it out all the way by the time you get in your car to transport someone the car about out of gas.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:48 AM »
I'm with the OP here.

I could sit in a mini van IRL and listen to the music for about 2 hours and probably only burn a gallon.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:00:56 AM »
OCRP != real life. Consumption will not be lowered.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal