Author Topic: Third Eye - Operation Swashbuckler - Pt II: "A Frozen Curse"  (Read 7589 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Third Eye

Operation Swashbuckler

Prologue
Third Eye - Operation Swashbuckler - Pt I: "An expression of interest."

"A Frozen Curse"
It had been several months since the last update by Third Eye field operators on the "Inquisitor situation". A large cargo freighter, repurposed during the occupation as a mobile deployment facility for the Combine, had been abandoned in the Sea of Okhotsk after colliding with an iceberg.

It was expected that the Combine would attempt to reclaim sensitive material and equipment from the crippled vessel. Months passed and there was minimal activity from the USN Inquisitor. The freighter gained a reputation as a haunted ship and it became a campfire horror story among less-informed coastal folk.

Overwatch salvage teams had arrived by air previously but they were never witnessed leaving the vessel.

It just so happened that a small recon section stationed in a coastal outpost had relayed two drawings to the hands of Third Eye.

Would Third Eye have any luck uncovering the truth of the Inquisitor?

They would need help to be successful.

Would help arrive though?

// OOC: I started doing some polishing on this event map lately and even though I was at first discouraged with the low population on the servers, I believe that we need some kind of unique event to build back that interest in HL2RP with the community. If it doesn't succeed in boosting the server population then at least we can go out with a bang and hopefully a memorable event. Yes, I have been told before that we wouldn't be switching to another map just for one event but if that is still rejected here then I'll just host my own server to run the event. There's still a little bit of work to do with regards to planning and mapping which is why I chose not to make an event thread just yet but the execution of the map is fast approaching so stay tuned for information.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:50:10 AM by hello yes this is dog »

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Third Eye - Operation Swashbuckler - Pt II: "A Frozen Curse"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
// if you dont want to take part theres something wrong with you

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
// There's no problem in hosting another event server for you - I'll either setup an individual one, or just switch the Outlands map.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
// There's no problem in hosting another event server for you - I'll either setup an individual one, or just switch the Outlands map.

// ily khub

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »
// this is top secret agent y-man now onduty sir

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »
// OP labcoat vort inbound.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
//excuse me sir but the Sea of Okhotsk is in the Pacific/Bering Strait. Quite a hike. But your postcard says Ukraine!!!!11111!!1

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
// This sounds awesome. I hope we can do this.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »
 // op assassin inbound

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:51 PM »
//excuse me sir but the Sea of Okhotsk is in the Pacific/Bering Strait. Quite a hike. But your postcard says Ukraine!!!!11111!!1

// shhhh dallas begone~

Offline ?µ??µ??µ?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »
//was this that thing where the rebels take that boat you planned a long time ago?

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »
//was this that thing where the rebels take that boat you planned a long time ago?

// yes I posted a thread in November but got sidetracked with City 38 so now I'm going to finish this map for the event

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
 I think that if we have some action and passive moments in the event while staying on the map for a approximate amount of time should do (like two weeks) and introduce new players to the server while over the course of said time.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »
I think that if we have some action and passive moments in the event while staying on the map for a approximate amount of time should do (like two weeks) and introduce new players to the server while over the course of said time.

This map would only last something like two days. It's built using a singleplayer format and isn't as non-linear/freeroaming as the other maps that we are used to.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal