Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 13779 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Phobias
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »
It seems everyone has a phobia. It would be interesting to see what everyone is afraid of and maybe a reason on why they think they have it. Just a silly thread, I suppose. I'll start off.

I'm a huge a huge germaphobe, although the fear only affects things that have to do with food, body fluids, and hands. I can't touch a plate if it has someone else's food on it. I also can't share food or drinks (which can also be related to the body fluid thing) and I won't eat anything that looks raw. It may of came from an event that happened when I was little. I saw a show on TV where a kid ate a raw burger and almost died. For years I would never eat meat that had even a hint of pink in it. I've gotten past that, but I'm still wary of uncooked food. The body fluid thing is basically the germs that come from, well, body fluids. I'll evacuate a room if someone doesn't cover their sneeze and stuff like that. I also hate shaking hands because I just imagine the little germs crawling all over me when I touch them.

I'm also kinda afraid of blood and the dark. I slept with a night light up until I was around 13 or 14.

If you're maybe drawing a blank or just want to look, here's a list of phobias.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Phobias
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »
I honestly don't have many fears in the irrational regard. Most of my fears are based on reasonable happenings. i only have two notable phobias.

Apiphobia – fear/dislike of bees
This also counts towards wasps. I am very afraid of those things. I know bees don't mess with you unless you mess with them, but I'm traumatized from elementary school after I got stung pretty bad.

Secondly, I don't see it on the phobia list, but I also have a fear of walking over sewer grates and manholes. I don't know why, but I always feel like one day one of those things will give out when I step on it and I'll fall in, so whenever I see one, I walk around it.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »
It seems I share the dislike of bees with Sexy Frog. I usually go inside or find a totally insuspicious reason to go somewhere else. I love summer, minus bees. Not that I'd go into panic when a bee flies by, I just don't like them and try to avoid them anyhow possible.
I used to be afraid of spiders - but I don't really care anymore. I'd obviously get worried about spiders like this but no spiders like that live over here.
Heights too. When I'm alone on some watchtower or so, it's alright. When it's a crowded place though, I always get nervous, if there's a slightest chance of me falling out - such as, high areas with low railing or transparent elevators (it's made of glass you know!!1!)

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
I have a massive fear of mind altering drugs. Thoe being the obvious like LSD, laughing gas, cocian, weed, ect.. I suppose the fear comes from me being a control freak, I hate not being able to control things.

First and biggest example of this fear I can remember is when I was told in one of my health classes in middle school that drug addicts would sometimes put LSD on stickers to get it into them. I have not worn any stickers to this day due to that statement, just in case.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
Apiphobia

arachnophobia

general fear of all insects.

homophobia - just kidding.

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »
i have fear of drowing, dk what its called

Offline [ACS Cpl.] Midnightspy007

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »
I have pediophobia, I hate dolls like this one

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 09:22:54 PM »
Achluophobia- fear of darkness

Halitophobia- fear of bad breath

Hadephobia- fear of Hell

Philophobia – fear of love

Taphophobia, Taphephobia – fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive

Thermophobia – aversion to heat.

Negrophobia – fear/dislike of Black people(Jk)

Psychophobia – fear/dislike of mental illness or the mentally ill.(this is real)

Quite the list, I know.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »

Hadephobia- fear of Hell

Taphophobia, Taphephobia – fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive

Psychophobia – fear/dislike of mental illness or the mentally ill.(this is real)

Quite the list, I know.

You are one scared S.O.B. Although not sure "fear of bad breath" belongs in quite the same category as "fear of hell". I would be interested in hearing the story of how you developed a few of the fears on your list or your reasoning behind having them. Especially psychophobia, taphophobia, and halitophobia. If its not too personal please do share. :D
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »

Hadephobia- fear of Hell

Quite the list, I know.

You are one scared S.O.B. Although not sure "fear of bad breath" belongs in quite the same category as "fear of hell". I would be interested in hearing the story of how you developed a few of the fears on your list or your reasoning behind having them. Especially psychophobia, taphophobia, and halitophobia. If its not too personal please do share. :D

believe it or not, a large collection of these fears began in one day. I can explain it as simply as this:

Stayed at a cousin's house, slept alone in this dark ass room.

I dreamt I got shot, but was still alive. Buried alive at the funeral.

Sunk through the ground and fell into hell.

Once I got there, the emanciated bodies had the most terrible breath. And it was ridicously hot in there.

They were all crazy as fuck and tried to rip at my flesh, but luckily, I some how magically transported to these plains of fields of flowers.

Then I woke up and I literally pissed myself because the room was dark and hot (down in the country w/ no AC). So I thought I was there for real. But my cousin opened the door and I felt better. But I was four so it kinda scarred me.

The love one is just due to a large string of girls I dated. The pussy was nice, but when they started to get too close, gotta break it off.

And each time I did, some drama shit that usually ended up in a fight between me and some new boy went down. I hated it and each time I would get into a relationship, that would happen. So i'm afraid of getting expelled or arrested due to love. Fear of love developed.

There's yo explanations.

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »
Secondly, I don't see it on the phobia list, but I also have a fear of walking over sewer grates and manholes. I don't know why, but I always feel like one day one of those things will give out when I step on it and I'll fall in, so whenever I see one, I walk around it.

I died of laughter. Anyway, I am terrified of bugs, any type of fucking bug comes near me  or lands on me, I go crazy.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
I've never understood the fear of bees myself, as I actually have an avid interest apiculture and want to raise bees and shit. Never been afraid of them.

Merinthophobia- Fear of being bound or tied up.

Hadephobia- Fear of hell.

Batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

And I hate being lost, it makes me feel sick and I can't stand it.
have a nice day :)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
I've never understood the fear of bees myself, as I actually have an avid interest apiculture and want to raise bees and shit. Never been afraid of them.

Merinthophobia? Your picture suggests otherwise. Probably because I missed the context of it.

As for Hadephobia... **WARNING: This is going to be a little painful for Catholics/ect** But I am a firm believer that there is no such thing. And therefore you have no reason to fear it.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »

Merinthophobia? Your picture suggests otherwise. Probably because I missed the context of it.

As for Hadephobia... **WARNING: This is going to be a little painful for Catholics/ect** But I am a firm believer that there is no such thing. And therefore you have no reason to fear it.

Phobias are all irrational fears of something, so Hadephobia is no weirder than any other ones listed here. Logically speaking, someone who fears the dark probably knows that no monster is hiding in the darkness to eat him, and someone who fears heights probably knows that if tall buildings were a huge safety risk, precautions would have been taken. Despite logical reasoning, the fear still exhists, so all fears have little to no reasonable basis, yet exhist anyways.

Also, Hadephobia could also potentially refer to simply a fear of karma, and that negative actions you perform could cause you pain and suffering down the road. Although that's more of a stretch.

Finally, you haven't posted YOUR phobias yet Dallas. You should get on that.  :D

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »
Trypanophobia is a big one of mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal