Author Topic: On the Capture RP Last Night  (Read 12673 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: On the Capture RP Last Night
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »
Except she didn't get caught right away. It took S2 awhile to get her. I hate to bring up the past, but I've the experience with Zealot/S2 getting a little pushy, too the point where the actions they took honestly did bring ResistanceRP to a complete halt. I don't see why S2 needs to be investigating leads when there's no real threats going on, and from an OOC standpoint, there is a small population for the server. At that point, it's just killing ResistanceRP, and based off how much an advantage the CCA already has, it just gets dumb at that point.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »
Except she didn't get caught right away. It took S2 awhile to get her. I hate to bring up the past, but I've the experience with Zealot/S2 getting a little pushy, too the point where the actions they took honestly did bring ResistanceRP to a complete halt. I don't see why S2 needs to be investigating leads when there's no real threats going on, and from an OOC standpoint, there is a small population for the server. At that point, it's just killing ResistanceRP, and based off how much an advantage the CCA already has, it just gets dumb at that point.

How can you blame s2 for people being stupid and going around telling everyone about their rebel group?

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »
The whole sorta working with a CWU (from what I heard) is stupid. Even being around them is a major risk. I'm not going to criticize Zombie but I don't want this thread to turn into a 'blame it on S2 affair' which I've faced so many times before.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »
i thought s2 was made for when things get out of control, not pursuing every rebel without orders
lets face it, CPs aren't fun without rebels and city rebels arent fun without CPs

while i value Anti citizen RP, S2 can and has always pursued any possible leads, this idea that we are there to only chase up known leads is not true.
but rebels arent as rich as they once were, you should allow them to grow, rather then stomping on them right away
I see no point in CPs if they have nothing to do other then stack forge projects and become more op
it'd  look better for s2 as well, taking out a large rebel rather than an abundance of small timers

The kind of rebels that CG wants are the kind that aren't going to get caught by S2 right away, no matter how much S2 tries. If you get caught right away, 95% of the time it's because you're being a stupid lolrebel. The other 5% would be if your plan wasn't to make the rebel be a long living one, or if S2 got a lucky lead.
ive never lost a rebel, I'm not speaking from my perspective
when me and raged mugged CPs, we got told right away to stop and tone it down
when s2 kills minor rebels they get a pat on the back
also you don't really have much to say on the matter seeing as you were a cp main until the server died
s2 is getting out of hand, seeing as the most capable rebels are on the task force and no one wants to play a rebel anymore
they run the same protocol when the rebels were in large numbers
also, mooch, you're oversimplifying it

'blame it on s2 affair' well, dallas, if you valued rebelrp you wouldn't  be killing people that had barely any threat, sure it was fine to kill Elizabeth but it's actually killing the server
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:17:28 PM by yAK »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:25 PM »
I'm just going to post to clear up a few things regarding what actually happened when Elizabeth was "killed". Referring to twinkle's post where he described the events from his perspective, that was mostly correct. The only additions would be the fact that I did fire a shot and confirm a kill over the radio and I did roll her body out on a gurney with a sheet over it, covered in blood. However, no other unit but myself would know what was actually done to the body. I never informed anyone that it was being incinerated. Who ever said that must have just assumed that was the case. 938 is the only unit that even still today, knows the whole story and everything that actually unfolded that day. 938 even has a legitimate way to get himself out of this should he be confronted that is relatively indisputable by logic, especially due to the fact that he is the leading unit when it comes to anything medical.

In regards to Elizabeth's capture, it sounds like Toxic got very sloppy in her RP and failed to evade capture due to slipping up, assuming everything posted so far is true. If these allegations of DNA testing are in fact true, I'll be looking into that. Red's original post in this thread regarding the rules of DNA collection are indeed true and accurate and there are no exceptions to those rules, regardless of your division. However, on another note, putting any DNA testing aside, I don't believe Elizabeth would be able to change herself THAT much to where you couldn't tell there was absolutely no physical similarity to her former self.

As for the renovation of the theater and 685's capture leading to the discovery of the hidden base and the capture of Elizabeth, Pettit's motives sound valid, assuming what's been posted is true and accurate.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »
i dont see how having an IC reason can excuse someone from 'accidently' stumbling upon the bases as per seen in the rules i mean its not hard admins to see a black/white rule and enforce it

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 02:25:37 AM »
As for the renovation of the theater and 685's capture leading to the discovery of the hidden base and the capture of Elizabeth, Pettit's motives sound valid, assuming what's been posted is true and accurate.
You can have the best motives in the word,  just because you're Combine doesn't make you exempt from the rules.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal