Author Topic: SWAT... what is the point?  (Read 6712 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SWAT... what is the point?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 11:07:22 PM »

Tell that to the admin who was also SWAT. As well as that, i can play passive rp all i said was that it was boring and frustrating, but lets see how long you would last sitting in a warehouse as a SWAT officer without calls for 2 hours.

If it is boring, then quit. By the way that admin should know your not supposed to wait in the warehouse. Please inform him/her of that. Also I made a guide for SWAT in the OCRP2>Guides section. For 20k  :D
Help you get a better understanding there.

And by the way, its not the mayor's job to be a dictator lol.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:09:13 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 11:46:40 PM »

Due to this response, I can safely say that you are most likely not a good mayor and just a good economist (or perhaps neither). A mayor's job is to engage the public while running the city, not just half. (IRL a mayor is to promote events, create events, run the city, represent the citizens, etc.) RPing based upon the base of the mayor's engagement with the public can go either way...  and that is the result of a good mayor.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 10:35:13 AM »

Tell that to the admin who was also SWAT. As well as that, i can play passive rp all i said was that it was boring and frustrating, but lets see how long you would last sitting in a warehouse as a SWAT officer without calls for 2 hours.

If it is boring, then quit. By the way that admin should know your not supposed to wait in the warehouse. Please inform him/her of that. Also I made a guide for SWAT in the OCRP2>Guides section. For 20k  :D
Help you get a better understanding there.

It would be dumb as a class which requires rapid response, to pass-up the chance to go to a better point to deploy faster, a brain-dead notion; sometimes rules need to be updated/changed to allow for clever use of jobs.

The mayor can be a dictator, this does not mean he is not a great mayor, it just means he's a totalitarian dick. Mayors and greatness usually correspond to economy in OCRP; 70% of dictators live longer, simply due to a good economy with no drops.

All in all, this idea to do with SWAT is: the redundant personal preference of a person, which doesn't quit.
have a nice day :)

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
Passive RP can only go so far. But i stayed SWAT because i did not want a situation to arise where the police force gets mauled. AND btw, passive RP also in most circumstances requires others for interaction, and there was literaly none, we stood up danced around shot at the targets for 30 mins. But by then it was just old and we sat in chairs for the remainder of an hour and a half.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
Passive RP can only go so far. But i stayed SWAT because i did not want a situation to arise where the police force gets mauled. AND btw, passive RP also in most circumstances requires others for interaction, and there was literaly none, we stood up danced around shot at the targets for 30 mins. But by then it was just old and we sat in chairs for the remainder of an hour and a half.

I said it 2-3 times already and so did others, now I shall say it again. If you get bored, then quit. People like it how it is, If you want action go play another game, we are trying to RP properly here. Now I am annoyed because you keep saying the same thing over and over, and we give you the same over and over.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »

I said it 2-3 times already and so did others, now I shall say it again. If you get bored, then quit. People like it how it is, If you want action go play another game, we are trying to RP properly here. Now I am annoyed because you keep saying the same thing over and over, and we give you the same over and over.

If your annoyed stop posting in this thread, but i stand by my point. I dont mind rping i like to, but there having fun whilst rping and not having fun whilst rping. And the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Offline Infamous Simmons

• Brent Simmons
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »
Your problem is, you have too much opposition to have it changed and changes most likely won't happen. I do give you credit in posting a thread as to get something to change, and not sit back and complain.. but the majority rules right?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Your problem is, you have too much opposition to have it changed and changes most likely won't happen. I do give you credit in posting a thread as to get something to change, and not sit back and complain.. but the majority rules right?

Not really, its more or less what Crap-Head thinks is a good idea or not.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »

Not really, its more or less what Crap-Head thinks is a good idea or not.

No it isn't

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »
The decision if a suggestion is accepted or not is almost purely based on community support.

The only case where a developer steps in and denies it, would be if its not possible in some way, or if more developers agree that it's not fit, or won't work out. I don't work alone on ocrp2 and you should have noticed that by now.

That aside, what exactly is this suggestion? I see no actual suggestion as to what we should do about issues with swat? The swat system has not has any additions since the original release, and I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with the current system. Swat is rare to see, but they are also only needed in rare situations.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
Just gonna throw my input in here, how about we resolve the problem and just remove the timer from SWAT and then increase the promotion price? It would probably work.

Post Auto-Merged: May 16, 2013, 10:26:06 PM
If you don't like general passive RP, encourage the mayor to create some as surely they too get bored after a while sitting in an office.
Personally, some people get annoyed when I install a totalitarian government as mayor, but I do such to get everyone involved.

Citizens are forced to RP when it comes to Police officers and trying to overcome the mayor.
Police officers are forced to engage with everyone they see.
Riots occur which result in S.W.A.T. and police deployment.
Secret Service must be more on alert for assassination attempts.
Firefighters are more likely to be deployed for car-bombs and fires.
Paramedics are more likely to be deployed for injuries.
Dispatchers have a hell of a time coordinating the government officials.
Tow truck drivers are used more due to stricter laws on parking and speeding.
Buses are used more due to the impounding of vehicles and the need for criminals to keep on the move.
(Yes I do understand the last two situations are less likely, but still possibilities.)

It's not S.W.A.T. that is the problem. It's the mayor for not engaging everyone in events (whether specifically an event such as a parade, or as a government as previously mentioned). That is your problem.
Agreed. +support on these points. Also, to answer what Crap-Head said a few posts up, SWAT are called in as soon as there's gunfire. If a cop hears gunfire in OCRP, he should call in backup, set up a perimeter and wait for the SWAT team to arrive. I think that more rules need to be enforced on SWAT. IRL, SWAT's directive isn't "go in, shoot everything that moves, leave". However, in OCRP it is. SWAT should go in, detain any dangerous people, and leave. Also, the SWAT van can barely make it up the hill at the Nexus garage. Might want to fix that, it seriously lowers reaction time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:30:43 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »
Nothing in here is an actual suggestion, but more a complaint that SWAT has no point, tho i do not think that is true. Various people have made good points as to what SWAT should do.

If you have any ideas on how to improve SWAT, feel free to post another suggestion.

Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal