Author Topic: New Police Car Models  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Police Car Models
« on: May 09, 2013, 11:22:32 PM »
I think that the police vehicles could use a little more, "umph", persay. Driving around town IRL, I see cop cars, but the thing is, I BARELY see them, this is because the vehicles that they have IRL have low profile lights, and don't really show much lettering on the side, there is still the obvious decal work and the whole "PD" thing, but it isn't tattooed like it is in OCRP, don't get me wrong, I love being a cop and driving around, but I think it would be cool to have some "up to date models", Ill provide some links to get an idea.

http://aardvarkprops.com/images/2005%20Police%20Ford%20Crown%20Vic%20b.jpg

http://www.odysseyauto.com/vehicles/expeditions/images/paramuspd-ltbar-lg.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4551/561/23875280001_large.jpg

I just think having some Low profile lights would be cooler than those giant ass "solo cups" on the top of the cop car.

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Police Car Models
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:10:30 AM »
Model them, optomize them, code them, make them work, and then maybe. But until then, no. We cannot work without it already having been created.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »
TheDanishMaster have a Crown Victoria, and i've seen police skins for it also.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113999373 <-- Pack with Crown Victoria

I cant find the link for the skin.

Might learn a bit about skin creation myself.

Offline NykezTV

• HUGME
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
I can make the skins for any cars. Including the police. I will even stamp it with a catalyst logo. I would just like to see a lot more cars in catalyst.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »
TheDanishMaster have a Crown Victoria, and i've seen police skins for it also.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113999373 <-- Pack with Crown Victoria

I cant find the link for the skin.

Might learn a bit about skin creation myself.
The pack contains a taxi model. The taxi parts are not removable. TDM probably did this to prevent people from making Crown Victoria police vehicles before he releases his emergency vehicles pack, which has been done in all but VCMod scripts (which TDM doesn't code) for a good half of a year.
Live free or die

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:51 AM »
I think we could take just a regular crown Victoria MODEL, cram the goodies inside the vehicle model so it will run IG, and then just texture, add pieces to the outside, etc.  Basically I think this could be a great team project. Just modernize a crown Victoria model. I would be willing to pitch in on the coding area if need be.

Post Auto-Merged: May 11, 2013, 12:55:20 AM
Maybe have vizioN join in on the modeling ? Idk

Post Auto-Merged: May 11, 2013, 01:21:51 AM
Was browsing around, found this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144415557&searchtext=Crown+Victoria

I think we could use that, just have someone code in the light & siren functionality and we would be set, im going to test it out, and let you guys know on my findings
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:21:51 AM by AMM| Jake Fangue »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 01:33:47 AM »
That model look alright, however it looks like the lights are skins. I'll take a gander at it.

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
Ok, played around with it for a few minutes and here is the things that need to be changed.

Lights : The lights aren't able to be toggled, probably could be easily coded in and fixed, and need to be a fuckton brighter, probably just as bright as the ones we have on the cop cars now.

Siren: There is no siren, easily could add in the toggle and sounds

Sounds: Mehhhh, probably could leave the sounds alone, not really anything on that needs to be changed, it just sounds like a puny monster truck , really raunchy for a car imo.

Seating: There needs to be three extra seats coded in. And the keys (obvs).

Speed: The speed could be upped to whatever the dev pleases. I think it could go a little faster imo.

Basically, I think this could be a usable model, we just need to give it an OCRP makeover and bing bam damn, we got us a sexy ass police crown vic.

Post Auto-Merged: May 11, 2013, 01:51:44 AM
The lights are body groups, I cant toggle them I have to go to the context menu and click on the body group to turn it on, and they aren't very bright, like I said, OCRP Touchup and we'll be all set.

screenie's

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jakefangue/screenshots/#scrollTop=0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:51:44 AM by AMM| Jake Fangue »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 02:13:48 AM »
Would definately need to follow another vehicle script or at least undergo some changes. Sounds are dumb. The lights turn on by a bodygroup. Better to stick with our regular system for lights. Getting in the vehicle is weird...

However, i'd rather see it then the vapid.

+support

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 03:34:51 AM »
Thats what im saying, I think we need to switch the vehicle models to something like this. Or it needs to be this. I'd rather see it than the vapid, hate that thing so much, like I said, just add a touch of OCRP to tune it to server standards. I +support your +support

Post Auto-Merged: May 11, 2013, 02:40:34 PM
So where do we stand on this so far?

Post Auto-Merged: May 11, 2013, 11:28:22 PM
bump
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:28:22 PM by AMM| Jake Fangue »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 12:26:32 PM »
I think we could take just a regular crown Victoria MODEL, cram the goodies inside the vehicle model so it will run IG, and then just texture, add pieces to the outside, etc.  Basically I think this could be a great team project. Just modernize a crown Victoria model. I would be willing to pitch in on the coding area if need be.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144415557&searchtext=Crown+Victoria

I think we could use that, just have someone code in the light & siren functionality and we would be set, im going to test it out, and let you guys know on my findings

I can edit it with graphics and such, but I'm not skilled with modeling. The most I'd be able to do would be recoloring and adding decals to the exterior.

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »

I can edit it with graphics and such, but I'm not skilled with modeling. The most I'd be able to do would be recoloring and adding decals to the exterior.

Idk if you saw but I added a link for a modern police crown vic. It has exactly what I was describing. All that needs to be done to it is to make the lights brighter (can just use OCRP coding for that) and add the extra seats. Just the basic things to make the car work for OCRP. I really would like to see this model instead of the damn vapid. shit son.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 08:56:21 AM »
Model them, optomize them, code them, make them work, and then maybe. But until then, no. We cannot work without it already having been created.

It would help if all the police vehicle cars were coded properly and modeled correctly, as far as i know the Dodge's model is broken due to it becoming unstable at 30mph+ due to a model related problem, as well as that the handling STILL sucks on both the Dodge and Vapid...

P.S I swear how hard is it just to go to the 1.5 files of OCRP and get those car scripts? They worked 100% better and were perfect...

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: New Police Car Models
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

It would help if all the police vehicle cars were coded properly and modeled correctly, as far as i know the Dodge's model is broken due to it becoming unstable at 30mph+ due to a model related problem, as well as that the handling STILL sucks on both the Dodge and Vapid...

P.S I swear how hard is it just to go to the 1.5 files of OCRP and get those car scripts? They worked 100% better and were perfect...

Seriously. I agree. Just get the old vehicle scripts for the cop cars. I could do it myself easily . Crap head is just fuckin lazy (most coders ars as i am myself) . I dont see why we cant shove the ocrp concept for lights, seating, etc. Into the vehicle. This needs to get settled. Gone on for a good while. We accepting this or what? I say it would be nice to have tje entire cop car issue fixed in the next update. The charger, replacing tje vapid, all dat stoof.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Lately I have been talking with a guy named SentryGunMan, creator of WAC helicopters and planes and many other vehicles. He has a police car that we are going to make a suggestion about. Perfect model, HD. Great sounds and whatnot. We will also be suggesting a Jeep Wrangler in that thread.
Anyway, be patient. We will have the thread up soon and you will see that this police car will be a lot better than any before.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal