Author Topic: Do you like the idea of arcolgies in the future?  (Read 4536 times)

Do you like the idea of arcolgies in the future?
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
If you don't know what a arcolgie is its a massive building where your supposed to live there for you life where there's internet there farms there jobs there homes there everything and you don't even need to go outside I don't like this idea as I think ittl feel too crowded and I like the fact the everything isn't cramped.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Do you like the idea of arcolgies in the future?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:11:42 AM »
Actually I kind of like the idea. Like, i'm not saying have everyone move into a complex like this, but if we can do it here on the planet successfully, then it can be easily done in space. (So to speak)
It would definitely come with pros and cons like anything. But it would certainly be a modern marvel to say non the less.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »
You on about the towering buildings in which everything is done internally?

I think the idea is great, it's all self managing and what not; only problem would be the Vitamin D deficiency rife in an entirely internal society. A small building would be too inefficient to sustain itself, where as a taller building, not everyone would be able to go outside.

It wouldn't be cramped, it would be like those old Gmod 9, tower RP maps, plenty of room, everything is easy to find et cetera; built for optimal efficiency.

Over crowding due to kids? That's what a crèche or schools are made for until they're old enough to leave.
Not much call for adventure and leaving though, as such it would be like living the Truman show, a small area you could never really leave, unless it was able to manage without you.

Building upon the idea of doing it successfully, if it was done, properly then in theory we could do so on another planet; the only real drawback is the hauling of supplies to begin with i.e. Maintenance would be a bitch on Mars, especially with the supply haul.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:39:36 PM by DrVengeance »
have a nice day :)

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:43:36 PM »
the marina city towers are pretty similar to what you're talking about

Click to see the original size.
#

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal