Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 6251 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Computer
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
As most of you know, I am the lag queen that plays on potato. BUT THIS IS NO MORE!
For graduation, I got a computer. It came in yesterday so I set it up and such. I have to redownload all my stuff again, but I have 2tb of storage so it's no big deal.

Here's the specs:

And a picture of it after I unboxed it:

When I started it up, it asked what I wanted it to be called. After taking a look at it, I decided to call in HAL 9000

I'm really excited to play and do stuff and not run on ugly graphics anymore!

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Computer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »
As most of you know, I am the lag queen that plays on potato. BUT THIS IS NO MORE!
For graduation, I got a computer. It came in yesterday so I set it up and such. I have to redownload all my stuff again, but I have 2tb of storage so it's no big deal.

You got a computer for graduating. WHAT THE HELL. I get a good job and a fucking high-five.

Edit: Oh yea, you know how much it costed?

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »

You got a computer for graduating. WHAT THE HELL. I get a good job and a fucking high-five.

Uh, I believe it was around 1k, no more than 1.2k and no less than 900

I'm not exactly sure, though, since my dad messed around to get a discount.

It's a present from both my parents and my grandparents, so they probably split the cost.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
Sexy as hell.  The one thing I don't like about it is the Norton Antivirus it comes with.  Dump that and get Microsoft Security Essentials.

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Sexy as hell.  The one thing I don't like about it is the Norton Antivirus it comes with.  Dump that and get Microsoft Security Essentials.

I had that on my old computer. I'll probably switch when norton runs out

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »
Should have built it yourself. Could have gotten the same thing for around 700$.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »

My sister got a $10,000 trip to Ireland for graduating LOL.

Anyways, nice computer, I never liked HP computers myself, they have good printers though.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 10:41:12 AM »
Should have built it yourself. Could have gotten the same thing for around 700$.
This.

Would of enabled you to get better than a 640, like the 650ti or 660.

Also, 2x4gb sticks rather than an 8+2gb would be better but hey ho, least you've got a better PC than before!
what

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
This.

Also, 2x4gb sticks rather than an 8+2gb would be better but hey ho, least you've got a better PC than before!

We aren't exactly computer wizzes. It took a lot of research just to figure out the parts, I think it would have been ten times harder to try and figure out where things go and what is compatible with what. Not that we couldn't do that, but it's a bit of an expensive endeavor to have it screwed up.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »
This.

We aren't exactly computer wizzes. It took a lot of research just to figure out the parts, I think it would have been ten times harder to try and figure out where things go and what is compatible with what. Not that we couldn't do that, but it's a bit of an expensive endeavor to have it screwed up.
Oh I understand that, but don't forget theres many youtube videos and stuff about and could of asked us. But yeah, whatever you were comfortable with and if your fine with it then thats all that matters really.
what

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
Is the video card intergrated in the motherboard? If it is, then it won't work if you decide to put a new card.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
Is the video card intergrated in the motherboard? If it is, then it won't work if you decide to put a new card.
I honestly don't think that card is integrated. But I can't be sure.

You will want to upgrade the card in the future though. Replacing it with a GTX 660 would be your best bet (Since the PSU is probably cheap and is also low capacity.)

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »
Nice, personally, I wouldn't of gone for a high end processor like the i7 3770 to have a mid/low range GPU. But yeah, nice.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 01:17:41 AM »
Nice comp, brosef! You'll have good fun with it.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
Hey, maybe we can actually play TW now without you crashing every time :P

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal