Author Topic: [Denied] Dave Woods's Authorization Application  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Dashing Dave

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Denied] Dave Woods's Authorization Application
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: ?Dav
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3-5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3-4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Test the Barney Model for future use. (Dave Woods, Outlands)

Name: Dave Woods
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Life in the outlands hasn't proven to be a simple task. With little food, water, shelter and hope, many people think about returning to the city. Dave Woods, having never been to the city before, has no where to run.

The longer he spent life in the outlands, the more his life changed. A once innocent, happy, lovable young man, has turned into the definition of the enemy. A strong harsh man, aggressive in nature, speaking with a harsh voice, and barely human. Outlands changes most people, but for Dave, there might be no changing back.

As time goes on, things only get worst. With the death of memebers of the Alliance, and death in general all around him, he begins to learn the true theory behind the term "Corruption". After a while, Dave agreed to play the role of a field medic. This role came naturally to Dave, as he seemed to be the one to rush out in mid combat to help someone enough for them to survive the trip back to shelter. This job, eventually, only added to the corruption. Sometimes, not everyone wants to survive after being shot. Sometimes, they look up at you, begging for a quick death.

There was a long moment where Dave seemed more alone then ever. Everyone was either dead, or missing. Thinking about what made him happy, he remembered what he was wearing. It was slightly heavy kevlar that his close friend Leonard once used. After his death, the kevlar was given to Dave, and he quickly replaced his old Kevlar with Leonards. Keeping the old kevlar in a locked box stored within the now rusty and dead Alliance Labs.

Over the time, death struck the Alliance, and the box was suddenly full of old stuff from dead friends who Dave himself considered his new family. Suddenly, and idea struck him. With all the kevlar lying around in the box, the protective gear, and things to remember the dead, Dave smirked for once in months, and got straight to work.

He would use all the kevlar and protective gear within the box to form a better outfit. With the help of current friends and vorts, a new outfit was made, using parts of other outfits from dead members. There was one vest left over after the final outfit was created, this vest was handed to a young man named Zak Grant, who gladly accepted the gift. The outfit was heavier then his old kevlar alone, so Dave dropped the idea of being a field medic, donating his medical supplies to local people, or the remaining of the Alliance. Doing so, reduced the weight, however, the weight is still greater then it was before the new outfit. (I HAVE EDITED THIS PARAGRAPH TO BETTER EXPLAIN SOME THINGS)

With his new outfit, Dave plans to protect the people of the outlands. To become a human again, giving himself a reason to live.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Slightly more protection
A change in attitude
Less supplies to carry around

Defects
More weight
A bigger target
Ability to run is cut down
Ability to climb is cut down

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Keep Dave Woods alive, and possitive, as he is very depressed.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Extra Notes (optional):
This auth was posted a while ago, and denied. I do not think it was well decided, and I would like to post again. Reading the rules, again, I see nothing wrong in applying to test a model. The only thing I could find, is that I am not allowed applying for Cannon players, but I am only applying for a model, not a new char. The model has been used and works fine with no issues. If there was any, they are currently fixed. There is even a Kleiner model running around, causing all sorts of fun rp in the outlands server. In my opinion, my last auth was denied for reasons I did not understand, as there was no rules saying I am "not allowed" or "cannot apply" for a model. A reason why I chose Barney is because Barney and my char are very similar. They have almost the exact same face, and hair. Keep in mind, this is an application to TEST the model, even though it has proven to work perfectly fine. Sorry this one isn't as good as the last, the other was deleted.  Thanks   -Dave
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:12:55 PM by *anonim* »
Dave Woods - Field Medic
-OUTLANDS-

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dave Woods's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
Just an FYI, you broke one of the application rules and on that basis alone I can deny this, but I am not due to that.

The previous application was in fact denied.  The reason being while yes, we have had a kliner model previously, the fact is Barney has no use of being  of any IC use of being that model.  Kliner was useful in the fact of being a lab coat, a doctor type model.  Barney was a CCA infiltrator and there is no reason for anyone to have the model outside an admin using it as their admin model.

That being stated:  Denied

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal