Author Topic: Dodge for level 4-5 Police, and leveling.  (Read 3224 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dodge for level 4-5 Police, and leveling.
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
I was inspired by this idea when another person made a thread called "OCRP Police car idea."

Dodge for level 4-5 Police: When you are a level one, two and three officer you are stuck with the Vapid unless you are a gold member. But what if at level 4 or 5+ the dodge became available? There aren't many perks to leveling up besides the SMG which is at a high level and the shotgun at level 3. So this would offer more to those of a higher level.

Leveling: Almost all of the time I have had on the server has been as a police officer, because it is so fun. Although that will change because I am in an organization now. Anyway, leveling seems to be ridiculous. It takes three days game time as an officer to become level three and get your FIRST perk, the shotgun. So you are wasting 72 hours of your life just trying to get there. And then, if you are demoted by the mayor you are level one again. And even if you are innocent and it was a rogue mayor you are level one. I have been told you can report it and maybe you can be helped but what if that doesn't happen? And it will be that way for some people. So I suggest two things that could be done:

1) When you are demoted as an officer you are put down one level, and when you are a 'hint' or message pops up to administrators on the server that Person A demoted Person B. And the time to go up a level shouldn't be every 24 hours, it should be a multiplier. Level 1-2  should take six hours, 2-3 should take another 12 hours and 3-4 24 and so on, however not really much more than 48 because then its just way too high.

2) You get demoted as an officer and you are still put down to level one and a message still pops up for administrators on the server. But the time to level up should not be long at all. Lets say every 4-6 hours as an officer you level up. And this would save people time  and make being demoted not as much of a big deal.

I haven't been demoted yet but if I ever do I see no point in becoming a cop again if it takes 24 hours to go up just one level, and I am positive that others agree with me, especially if it was by some rogue mayor when no administrators were in game or available.

EDIT: I have just been told that demoting doesn't put you down a level so just ignore those parts, however less time I am still in favor of and I do agree that it should be time as a cop not on the server.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 06:48:59 AM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dodge for level 4-5 Police, and leveling.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »
I support this idea. I prefer Idea one for leveling and I like the idea of gaining the Dodge at a higher level. It gives you something to work towards other than just a weapon.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »
Its based on total play time not while as a cop. But I agree it seems a bit off and was thinking of redoing it anyway. I'll take these suggestions into consideration when I start working on it, we have a lot to do on our issue list so ye, probably won't be for update 7.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:34 PM »
Its based on total play time not while as a cop. But I agree it seems a bit off and was thinking of redoing it anyway. I'll take these suggestions into consideration when I start working on it, we have a lot to do on our issue list so ye, probably won't be for update 7.

I didn't know it was total playtime.
But what do you guys think of BOTH suggestions? I would like to know what people think about less time to level.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 11:49:17 PM »
Personally I think it should be based on the time spent as police not just in the server. And I disagree with demoting causing a level reduction except in the case of an admin demoting a player as that is generally for reasons tying into failrp.

As for the dodge idea it would be interesting, but only if we get another VIP benefit car as well. But it brings another few ideas in my head: required level to be promoted to chief, and a base requirement for even getting a vehicle. The second suggestion is for the added rp of patrolling with a partner and learning before patrolling on your own.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:02:06 AM »
Levels should have a lot more meaning as far as privileges, weaponry, etc go and certainly shouldn't be lost upon demotion. Should have actual ranks too instead of just 1-5, like sergeant or whatever the fuck actual police ranks are.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Dodge for level 4-5 Police, and leveling.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 02:39:18 AM »
Levels should have a lot more meaning as far as privileges, weaponry, etc go and certainly shouldn't be lost upon demotion. Should have actual ranks too instead of just 1-5, like sergeant or whatever the fuck actual police ranks are.
exactly what I was thinking actually

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 06:47:51 AM »
OHHHHHH ok I understand.
I always have been told that if you get demoted you go down a level but apparently not. So never mind those then.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 07:16:56 AM »
Heres my ideas so far:

Police Recruit:
- Level 1 pistol
- Cannot spawn car (unless vip/gold)
- Has only zip ties, no handcuffs

Police Officer:
- Requires 2 hours as police
- Level 2 pistol
- Can spawn Vapid
- Has handcuffs

Police Corporal:
- Requires 6 hours as police
- Level 3 pistol
- Police shotgun
- Can be promoted to Chief
- Gold can spawn SUV (if added)

Police Detective:
- Requires 8 hours as police
- Level 4 pistol
- Police Shotgun
- Can spawn Dodge if not VIP/Gold
- VIP can spawn SUV (if added)

Police Sergeant:
- Requires 12 hours as police
- Level 5 pistol
- Police Shotgun
- Police SMG
- Can issue warrants if no Chief is on

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 08:02:59 AM »
Heres my ideas so far:

Police Recruit:
- Level 1 pistol
- Cannot spawn car (unless vip/gold)
- Has only zip ties, no handcuffs

Police Officer:
- Requires 2 hours as police
- Level 2 pistol
- Can spawn Vapid
- Has handcuffs

Police Corporal:
- Requires 6 hours as police
- Level 3 pistol
- Police shotgun
- Can be promoted to Chief
- Gold can spawn SUV (if added)

Police Detective:
- Requires 8 hours as police
- Level 4 pistol
- Police Shotgun
- Can spawn Dodge if not VIP/Gold
- VIP can spawn SUV (if added)

Police Sergeant:
- Requires 12 hours as police
- Level 5 pistol
- Police Shotgun
- Police SMG
- Can issue warrants if no Chief is on

Looks good. Perhaps requires detective/corporal to be able to be promoted to SWAT also?
what

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
I like your rank ideas. Just instead of the sergeant having an smg give him the shotgun swat have and then after sime more time you can be a police lieutenant andnpolice also have captains if you can think of something they get.

Considering what they get I thinl detective should take 12 and sergeant 24.

And thinking even more if there were and Lt that should take 48 and have some kind of really good perk. Or maybe even 72 and if you really want a captain then more than that.

Edit: I was thinking, gona make a suggestion for a minimum ammount of time to be a cop.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:55:24 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
I like this only if there a SUV for golden because that's why I bought golden is so o could have something different the what the normal person has.. Otherwise I probably would have not got gold....

Natural
+/-

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:46 PM »
The rank system should have exceptions for people who are VIP or Gold, removing privilages from VIP or Gold members is not a smart way to go and i can see it pissing off a lot of people. I also thinks that the Ranks should resemble that which is similar to real life, and although zipties would be a nice idea, you have to consider how the effectiveness of police will be deminished since this will greatly effect the performance of officers. Having a force full of level 7 officers would be far more effective than a force full of level 2 officers.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 05:24:56 AM »
Since I've joined the server I have primarily played as a law enforcement officer. I would appreciate a more  detailed guide on the current and future ranking system that is in place for the officers of the law. I agree that time in rank is necessary for ranking up but maybe adding quotas on certain things. Like citations written or responding to calls. Because anyone could just get the job and stand around for 2 - what ever amount of time needed to rank up. I also agree to the "Recruit" phrase. Most people need that time to learn the ropes of being a police officer. This will like someone mentioned before encourage partners for cops which is realistic rather than lone wolfing.

One thing that I may suggest of possible is setting up a way for government service members to respond to 911 calls. Just like paramedics have their waypoint and alarm system but for any 911 call. For example when a new police officer takes the job the dispatch will assign him/her a unit designation. With the system I'm thinking of will allow government service members to go on/off duty button, requesting ems/cop/fire support on location button, and responding to call button. Or Atleast a way for the dispatch to give certain units a call to respond to like unit 208 respond to this call and the game will pop the waypoint for the officer/unit that was assigned for that specific unit. Same for units to respond to calls themselves by pressing a button to respond to that call.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal