Author Topic: [01/05/2013] Orange Cosmos RP Update #6  (Read 4078 times)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[01/05/2013] Orange Cosmos RP Update #6
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »
Me, Crap-Head and RTLK managed to get a pretty nice update out tonight. Fixes most of the silly bugs such as the crafting and furnace hint spam, the mayor not being able to promote chiefs, and the shroom cap being 21 instead of 20. There are a lot more fixes and even a few additions, change-log is below.
Spoiler for Change-log:
  • Fixed a bunch of poorly worded hints
  • Gas now charges the amount it tells you it will charge instead of $150 every time
  • Government officials no longer pay for gas. It tells you the city has covered the cost, but there is no charge to anyone
  • Changed the millionaire award to check your bank and wallet for the money instead of just your bank
  • Removed the *WARNING* and "You have picked up a successful shroom" hints from shrooms
  • The shroom cap is now actually 20 instead of 21
  • Handcuffed players can now enter government vehicles. Once you get in, it displays a hint saying you will be punished if you jump out as it's fail rp
  • Handcuffed players can no longer drive vehicles
  • The loading after your join now only starts if the server has 25+ players
  • Fixed the crafting furnace hint spam
  • Renamed the 'Secret Phrase' award to 'Secret Word' as it's only one word
  • Lowered the price of the phone to 2500 until we make some edits to it to prevent things such as spamming. Once that is done, the price will go down a little more
  • Secret Service can now use the police resupply locker
  • Level three officers now get 16 shotgun ammo when they become on officer. Level fours get 32
  • Fixed players keeping the police shotgun after quitting their job
  • Changed the command when you use team chat to say OOC instead of just Say like normal chat
  • Hopefully fixed the phone bug
  • Fixed mayors not being able to promote chiefs
  • Added an OCRP2_AdminWarning console command for admins. Usage: OCRP2_AdminWarning "message to display to all players in the form of a hint"
  • Changed names on the HUD ending in ".." if it exceeded 15 characters. It now just sets it to the first letter of your name and your full last name. Example: "J. Longassname"
When OCRP2_Version changes to 6, it means the update is live. It won't happen until a restart or crash, but if you're curious, just type OCRP2_Version in console.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:38:18 AM by Kronic »

Offline Meatwad

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [01/05/2013] Orange Cosmos RP Update #6
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:35:54 AM »
Great update, especially for the police, so glad you guys made such a great update.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
Very nice update!

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:52 AM »
As rolf will say. Yes.

Anyway, I'm sure that there might not be any other bugs when Kronic and RTLK has given a help to poor Crap-head

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:48:13 AM »
As rolf will say. Yes.

Anyway, I'm sure that there might not be any other bugs when Kronic and RTLK has given a help to poor Crap-head

I guess. Nobody told me about anything.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Shriio

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
Handcuffed players can now enter government vehicles. Once you get in, it displays a hint saying you will be punished if you jump out as it's fail rp
'

Thanks! I was thinking of that. You should do so people can't leave the car if the officer is in it.
Cerwin Vega AL 1000 x2, NAD Compact Disc Player C 521, NAD Digital Preamplifier 118, NAD Stereo Power Amplifier 128 THX

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 12:57:47 PM »
I assume that the code was merged from the dev server, if that is the case, here's some more stuff that I did:

• Fixed the award: "You own the mall".
  • Fixed people keeping the police shotgun when they left as a cop.
  • Fixed not being able to promote people to chief.
  • Fixed the hint showing up when your car is broken, telling you to go the repair lady, when it was actually a man.
  • Fixed wrong prices on the repair NPC. It's accurate now.
  • Fixed charging wrong amount of money when refilling any vehicle.
  • Fixed the gas upgrade not showing when trying to refil your vehicle.
  • Fixed mayors not being able to enable the police radio.
  • Fixed issues with repairing vehicles when they are being towed at the same time.
  • Fixed text being red in the mayor menu, even when you had money to purchase it.
  • Fixed not being able to holster fishing rods.
  • Increased paychecks for bus drivers.

Some overwrites what is already on the OP.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »
  • Changed the command when you use team chat to say OOC instead of just Say like normal chat
I honestly think team chat should be something different, perhaps /org or /radio instead of OOC as (by default) the Y and U button are close to each other, and you don't always want to make the mistake of pressing the U button and potentially share information that is not meant to be shared globally through the server.

But that's just my opinion.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
I honestly think team chat should be something different, perhaps /org or /radio instead of OOC as (by default) the Y and U button are close to each other, and you don't always want to make the mistake of pressing the U button and potentially share information that is not meant to be shared globally through the server.

But that's just my opinion.
Simple solution, rebind u key to j.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:58:29 AM »
Thank you very much

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal