Author Topic: A basic guide to Policing — Intercept is not to chase (WIP)  (Read 1253 times)

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is going to be a guide on different areas of the police service (including the secret service).
It will be ordered based on my own experience, I may change the order later on.

Dispatcher
The dispatcher does exactly as his title says, he dispatches.

Your first orders of business go as follows:
  • Have a microphone, managing everything with a poor or absent microphone is impossible — DON'T TRY IT.
  • Have a computer with a desk, in an office — Then you can access the police computer and relay information, making you invaluable!
  • Tell everyone there is a dispatcher on duty.
  • Order the maintenance of radio silence unless it's an update of a situation, an event, emergency et cetera This will allow clear signals and orders to be sent, sowing the seeds of order in the bed of chaos. 
  • Prompt every official to give you a call number i.e. Officer 1-11, EMS-01, Tow-01, Fire-03 et cetera.
  • Give everyone a unit number if they haven't put one forwards themselves when prompted.
  • If there is a call or a situation, who, how many, and where.
  • Control how many people go to a location, don't send all officers to a man trespassing on a roof (same applies to EMS and Fire-fighters).
  • Make sure at least one car is paroling at all times.

Chief of Police.
You're the head honco, the chief, the gov'na et cetera.

• Declare that there is now an active police chief.
  • Be a knowledgeable and experienced cop, as a start.
  • Know your laws — You fuck up and it makes the service look bad.
  • You keep the cops in line, simple as.
  • If there is a situation, you organise that shit — You say when the door goes, who goes in and when they go in.
  • Continuing on the 'keeping in line' — Demote the slackers and those that make you look bad.
  • Maybe get two SWAT team members to be on standby at all times, if the server is well populated and you know there are well armed drug runners.
  • Only buy supplies that are NEEDED, low on pistol ammo and funds, but you can buy a shotgun and ammo? DON'T. Buy the pistol ammo as more people get use out of it.
    Wise spending can make or break the force. If you're supplies are ample and you have spare money, don't spend it, cars need fuel.
  • Once again, I cannot stress your organisation, off radio organisation skills must be up to par. Where cars go in the roadblock and where the spikes go, dictate if the suspect gets away or detained.

Police Officer
You're an officer, make your city proud. Or be 12 and fuck-up
  • Be POLITE.
  • You act out the law.
  • As soon as you're an officer, announce it over radio (either voice or /radio) as well as declaring your numbers (e.g. 4-75, 1-11, 6-66).
  • Double up your patrol. For the love of GOD — Don't spawn the charger and drive off alone into the sunset. Odds are, you can't tame the dodge because you're 12 and someone else is left at the nexus without a car. Declare you need a patrol partner and wait for someone to pick you up. They're all doubled up? Get a car and patrol. Give dispatch your car number (a number for two people, keeping the dispatch job easier).
  • Load your weapon as soon as possible, don't get caught with your pants down!
  • Don't take extra ammo straight away. Only take this ammo if you've ran out.
  • Intercepting is not the same as chasing! If a cruiser is chasing a suspect, ask their location and direction, then set-up a tyre-trap and a roadblock. Declare this so no officer drives over it in the chase.
  • Following the chase, if he goes into the subs and is dangerous — Block it off. Clear the area, no one in or out. Then he cannot leave unless he hops a fence, then he can be chased down in a car.
  • Follow the law.
  • Make sure you know the laws before running into a problem head long.
  • Search warrants can be made based upon 911 information, visuals on illegal entities, extremely suspicious activity.
    Gun shots and blood on the window? Raid. Seen an illegal weapon from a window? Raid. Seen drugs? Search. And so on.
  • Continuing off of that, you may storm a property without warrant if a wanted man/suspect storms into a house (be it his or another's), you may knock down the door and go in. e.g. A cuffed man is let into his friend's house as he runs away, so you kick down the door, shout everyone to the ground and detain the home-owner too.
  • If someone speeds or drives recklessly press ALT to pull them over, don't use the whole shebang; if they pull off? By all means, light up the roof and get a road trap deployed.
  • Don't pull over someone for no reason; if his vehicle is a black transit and that's a suspected car (and you don't have the license plate), by all means, pull him over and question and search (they have the right to decline the search).
  • If someone turns a corner at 55mph, ticket them. Yes it's the road speed limit, but who the fuck turns a corner at 55mph and expects to stay on the road? That's just reckless driving.
  • Set bail fitting to the crime — The amount of times someone has killed 3 people and stolen 2 cruisers only to have their bail be $100 is sickening.
  • You can have breaks to eat, refuel, but supplies, but don't take the piss.
  • Food patrols around the city centre are a welcome change: Win the hearts and minds of the people, talk to them, be polite ask about activities in the area or anything they want to report; Checkout local shops to see if they're legal (cash register/illegal goods); give warnings for littering, loitering, public disturbances, reckless endangerment, J-walking, noise pollution, et cetera; anything that doesn't require a car (but have it on standby).
  • Keep your partner close to you at all times, you never know when you'll need 4 hands.
  • Check license plates/properties and warrants via dispatch (if available), this will save you time in what could become a chase/heated situation.

Please PM me if you would like anything adding (preferable), and you will be credited.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:46:21 PM by DrVengeance »
have a nice day :)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A basic guide to Policing — Intercept is not to chase [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
Added WIP to the title.

For dispatch, please add something about controlling how many units should be on the call and try to ensure at least 1 officer is patrolling at all times. No "All units respond to the guy who ran a red light"

Also add something about guiding the fire and ems around. Its rather annoying when you get called out to a critical, just to find another ambulance there.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A basic guide to Policing — Intercept is not to chase (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 01:24:36 PM »
For a traffic stop back up is not need unless called a pond. i hate it when am doing a traffic stop they pull over and a cop car goes by you and they think they should flick on there lights and pull over to help.. i have seen 4 cops do 1 traffic stop because  they drive by and go o they have lights  on i should to and help..

I always say in LOCC go away if i need back up al call it. and i did not call it so leave. and sometimes they leave and sometimes they just stay.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal