Author Topic: Gun Durability.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gun Durability.
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
Ok, now currently for Weapons and ammo craftsmen there abit of a tradeoff when it comes to selling weapons, i mean when you sell someone a gun thats it, they have a gun and they wont really want to buy another one, when he/she dies that gun stays in circulation through looting ect.

My idea is to have a system where guns begin to wear out or break over time, once they reach 0% of their durability the weapons will break and will dissapear from your inventory, then you will have to buy a new weapon. However i also think there should be mid stages within this system to provide another potential skill or perhaps another function of weapon crafting called "Weapon repairing/restoration" where you go to any weapon craftsman and he can repair your weapon for a certain ammount of money.

This is the stats i had in mind for weapons at various percentages of durability:

• 100% Durability, 100% Dmg 100% Aim.
    75% Durability, 80% Dmg 80% Aim. Cost of repair: 25% of Crafting price.
    50% Durability, 50% Dmg 50% Aim. Cost of repair: 35% of Crafting price.
    25% Durability, 20% Dmg 20% Aim. Cost of repair: 65% of Crafting price.
    0% Durability*, 0% Dmg 0% Aim, weapon is destroyed.

The whole purpose of the increase in penalty to aim. damage and repair cost as your weapon reduces in durability is to in essence force players to repair their weapon on a regular basis cheaper, yet to add a function where it will keep weapon crafters in buisness and improve the money around the weapon crafting buisness.
[/list]

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gun Durability.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »
No, just no.

If you have ever played Far Cry 2 you will know how annoying that bullshit is.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:39:41 PM »
I have not, yet you have to keep in mind not just the disadvantages, but the advantages. More trade options making weapons trade a lot more... fluid and ongonig rather than a one way process. And i never said the period of time at which your weapon would degrade. That would depend on the use and i mean in a serious gun fight shooting lets say 120 rounds in an ak47 your gun would go from 100% to 90%...

The whole point of this suggestion is not for the ease or "can i be botherd or not" idea of people, but its ment to stimulate the economy of weapons within the gamemode. As well as to add more realism as ive heard for many OCRP aims to be as realistic as possible whilst maintining an semi-serious rp element.

Post Auto-Merged: April 21, 2013, 06:41:02 PM
No, just no.

If you have ever played Far Cry 2 you will know how annoying that bullshit is.

And by the way, this is not Far Cry 2. "Nothing happens the same way twice" - Aslan.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »
Maybe if the wear is absolutely minimal then it would be fine. Aswell as having someway to know when your AK or w/e is going to wear out. Making sure that the wear level is listed when the gun is being sold is also important.

I don't know, I just feel like it would be quite a bit of work and for what? To add something that isn't really needed when real problems could be getting fixed instead?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »
Maybe if the wear is absolutely minimal then it would be fine. Aswell as having someway to know when your AK or w/e is going to wear out. Making sure that the wear level is listed when the gun is being sold is also important.

I don't know, I just feel like it would be quite a bit of work and for what? To add something that isn't really needed when real problems could be getting fixed instead?

I actualy asked a lua coder who works on the gamemode Privateer if such a system would be possible, he said it would be easy to implement within a week of coding. And in responce to a display to notify you of your weapons durability i think that is a good idea, to have a little menu pop up when in your inven while hovering over you wep to show its current durability, as well as to have a display perhaps over the ammo or somewhere on the screen to show your weapons durability.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal