Author Topic: Weather.  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weather.
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
Add weather, like snow, tornados, rain, and all that junk! :D
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weather.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
It's been said before plenty of times. The only thing that can actually be added from my knowledge is snow which won't be around until winter time.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »
It's been said before plenty of times. The only thing that can actually be added from my knowledge is snow which won't be around until winter time.
  Perp servers have snow all the time, the old OCRP had tornados, on the new map it is possible.

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:31:52 AM »
TBH, rain just sounds like extra lag. I don't always get the best FPS in the city, and rain just sounds like extra stuff to render on top of that.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
TBH, rain just sounds like extra lag. I don't always get the best FPS in the city, and rain just sounds like extra stuff to render on top of that.
This too.

I probably have a better computer than most people here. Yet in the city I usually end up getting 7-10 FPS and 30 fps out of the city because of the huge ass memory leak somewhere (I suppose that's what it is).

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
We had weather before the HDD crash.

Nobody really felt for recoding it again.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Thource

• Thorse, the Brit
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »
I'm sure that rain would just be the snow system with faster falling and different colours.
As for the lag, maybe make weather effects toggle-able with console commands? The same that was done for snow.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
Rain and tornados on perp weren't bad, and were either able to be turned down or off completely
what

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
Also, if snow is added, there should be something you can buy for your tires from the car shop, maybe for the traction or the grip or somehting?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal