Author Topic: Blindness and how to deal with it  (Read 5751 times)

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Blindness and how to deal with it
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »
I'm going to kick this discussion off with a bit of a story, bear with me.

Earlier today (one o'clock to be precise) I was just playing a game on my PS3, not a care in the world. However, I died in said game, because I ran out of health. Odd, considering that I always kept a sharp eye on my health. Before I noticed it, my health just meter just vanished from my sight. It was then that I noticed that I couldn't see out of my left eye.

At first I panicked. I rushed to the bathroom, telling myself that I just had something in my eye or and the like. Washing my face for ten minutes - no luck. So I went back to my room, and started searching the web for anything to do with curing blindness.

A few hours later and a fuckton of searching done, my vision has returned to normal. My mother says it was simply a migraine, but i'm not so sure. In the worst case, I might have glaucoma. I just wanted to know if any of you might of had any similar experiences and I would very much like to hear how you pushed through them.

Aferall, having relied on sight my entire life, the thought of not being able to see anymore scares me quite a bit.

All right, i'm done talking about this morbid crap.

Lets have lunch.
oh

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Blindness and how to deal with it
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
oh god

#pray4red

I hope everything is okay, man! Stay strong and get medical help asap.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Darthwill

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
Go to the doctor, where do you want to go for lunch?
Feel free to add me on steam.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
It could be anything from a nerve moving the wrong way to bloodflow to your brain. But honestly, if this is the first time it has happened and you have had no other symptoms with it (ie, dizzyness, acute headache, blurred vision, etc) it shouldn't be anything to worry about. If it occurs in the future, consider arranging an appointment with your/an eyedoctor.

inb4 brain tumor MedMD

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41:35 AM »
This has happened to me a few times as well - usually when I stare into the computer screen for too long (you don't want to know how many hours in a row, trust me), I get headache and my vision goes all weird. Usually helps when I take a break, bath, shower, whatever.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
This has happened to me a few times as well - usually when I stare into the computer screen for too long (you don't want to know how many hours in a row, trust me), I get headache and my vision goes all weird. Usually helps when I take a break, bath, shower, whatever.

It has something to so with the nerves in the eye, its probably strained but I'm not a doctor so :S
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »
You probably have diabetes, changing of vision is a sympton

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »
I would try and take a 5 minute break every 30 mins or so from staring at a TV/Monitor. Your eyes may be focusing on a single part and takes a bit to readjust. Don't quote me, though, as I'm no doctor.

Offline Vinneh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:56 AM »
You shouldn't sit there staring at the TV/COMPUTER all day. It's really bad for you.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:50:13 AM »
I'm no doctor but I don't think you should worry all to much. If it happens again, then I'd say just get a checkup with the doctor.

At least that's what I'd do if I was you.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
You shouldn't sit there staring at the TV/COMPUTER all day. It's really bad for you.

I've done that for the past many years and have no problems at all, never had.

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
I've had this happen many many times.
I have a cyst on my brain and I get severe migrains every so often. A precursor to this is my vision slowly becoming fuzzy. It eventually gets to the point where I can focus on nothing and my field of vision resembles a dark room. I freaked out the first time, but it's happened so many times that it no longer worries me.
Like Red said, it's probably an optical migraine.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
I haven't had this before, but I have had issues where everything is just fuzzy (I have 20/20 vision) and there are like these black spots in my vision.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »
It happens with me on the occasion, it's as though I have looked at the sun or a bright car light at night or something, probably best to go and have a check up with your Doctor or something.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »
I think I might be needing to get glasses, I've had great vision (20/20) for all of my life, but all of my family has bad vision and I'm 14, around the age my family started getting bad vision. Today everything started to go a bit fuzzy, not far away things, but mainly I had issues reading close up things for some reason.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal