Author Topic: Epidemic Role Play  (Read 31380 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Epidemic Role Play
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
It sounds like zombies are being completely swiped under the rug, which shouldn't be as it is a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE roleplay. Why would zombies be confined to underground, shouldn't they be ruling the streets? As I said before, the way you're describing the rp sounds like a military vs survivor rp with a few zombies, which we already have. Sure, the main focus is probably going to be on the survivors and the military, but zombies need a big chunk of the pie or else why even have them? I hope, since its still in the idea, phase, that you start to give some love to the zombie faction, as they seem to be a side thought. Why have a zombie apocalypse rp when you only see them underground and in few numbers. We don't currently have a playerbase to support a population that can make it so zombies outnumber the humans. There should be a few military, a good deal of survivors, and a lot of zombies in this type of rp. Unless you're putting the time period after humans have managed to fight back most of them, that is.
Who would want to rp a normal zombie anyway? What do they get to do? Limp around. Groan. OH A HUMAN. Run at them. Die. Special zombies would be the only appealing type, and even those seem kinda 'eh.' And the problem still stands that this rp will probably be heavy on combat given the setting, but serious rp where you have to type out every muscle you move makes combat really boring. I still support making this semi serious if everyone is considering to bring the server.

Also, how are deaths going to be handled? Will zombies have a different death penalty than humans? Is that true for special zombies?

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
pretty sure the zombie faction at negropolis was a roleplay addition to add more /me situations instead of just npcs and a bit of diversity rather than the primary aspect of the roleplay

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
Regardless, it can be worked out so that it appeals to everyone. I'm just flinging out ideas to make this sound appealing. If it is taken under full consideration, full, serious decisions can be made.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »
I would rather zombies being removed altogether from the game. Do something refreshing and different. I'm so so so sick of zombies ugh.

That being said I love HL2RP...but the server is dead. Nothing being done is helping it. I don't really know where we should go from here. But some sort of epidemic RP could be fruitful, or another RP. Just something unique and cool, something nobody can get anywhere else, kind of like what METRO RP has done.

Also: When you click "clockwork HL2RP" DOZENS of servers come up and CG is just lost in the saturated pool. This is another advantage servers like Metro have. They stick out, they are one of a kind.

Again though, for the love of breen please don't put zombies in it. So cliche and boring.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
I would rather zombies being removed altogether from the game. Do something refreshing and different. I'm so so so sick of zombies ugh.

That being said I love HL2RP...but the server is dead. Nothing being done is helping it. I don't really know where we should go from here. But some sort of epidemic RP could be fruitful, or another RP. Just something unique and cool, something nobody can get anywhere else, kind of like what METRO RP has done.

Also: When you click "clockwork HL2RP" DOZENS of servers come up and CG is just lost in the saturated pool. This is another advantage servers like Metro have. They stick out, they are one of a kind.

Again though, for the love of breen please don't put zombies in it. So cliche and boring.

...this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. This is a suggestion for a zombie survival roleplay server (that's what Epidemic RP is), so taking away zombies would eliminate the premise for the game. If you're wanting something like MetroRP, that'd be a place for a different thread...

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »

...this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. This is a suggestion for a zombie survival roleplay server (that's what Epidemic RP is), so taking away zombies would eliminate the premise for the game. If you're wanting something like MetroRP, that'd be a place for a different thread...
The term "epidemic" has nothing to do solely with zombies. It is an encompassing term, and therefore you should either be open to alternatives to the shoddy and very potential failure of zombie roleplay or you should change the name to be more clear.
Live free or die

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:19 AM »
(Reposting this out of my reluctance to bump my old thread. I truly think this would be super amazing and fun and the new, fresh theme would compensate for the stale, over done HL2rp environment. Not only that, but being as we would be the only, and I mean ONLY community hosting this, we would likely get much more population flow from all the RPers who are tired of the same old, same old. However, I will note, the content in this thread is out dated due to it being made for Gmod12. I am no coder, but I think with a little work the Gmod 12 code can be fixed up for Gmod13 OR we would maybe try and get in touch with the creator of the script - Rick Dark and have him fix it up for us?? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR we can try and re-create it on ClockWork if that's an option???

** For the record, I am not suggesting to have this replace HL2rp!)

This suggestion was already essentially brought up by SirTai in his thread about Zombie Roleplay but then again for the sake of necro posting and creating a more descriptive post I am making this. Yes, people, zombie roleplay. However, I'm not talking something like one of the comment on that post said:

It must be a SERIOUS rp server. No dark rp just kill zombies all day.
You obviously misunderstood what I stated. I am sorry that I used bad grammar, but the actually meaning of that post was to say, "It must be a serious rp server. Not a dark rp server, in which you kill zombies all day."

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »
Please yes. Now that HL2RP is gone, we need a new Serious RP server. I really think this type of gamemode would spark the interests of people within CG.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »
Well considering the fact that whatever was planned about a month ago was lost, I guess this is only other choice of appealing serious RP that has been brought up. It's actually useful unlike the shitty mini game type gamemodes that have been brought up in the other thread.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
Well considering the fact that whatever was planned about a month ago was lost, I guess this is only other choice of appealing serious RP that has been brought up. It's actually useful unlike the shitty mini game type gamemodes that have been brought up in the other thread.

It's either this or MetroRP, seeing how many people want metro or this (Look at the polls...). The sad part is that the higher ups won't care about this thread and what the community wants, so it's really anyone's guess as to what gamemode they put up next (If they do at all).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:58 PM »

It's either this or MetroRP, seeing how many people want metro or this (Look at the polls...). The sad part is that the higher ups won't care about this thread and what the community wants, so it's really anyone's guess as to what gamemode they put up next (If they do at all).

I've learned not to really care anymore. But as quoted by Rofl, CG would be doing something 'original to them, if anything at all. Not something another community is doing.' So Metro2033 RP, here, will never happen.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 08:14:21 PM »
This was why we talked about starting a serious TES RP server because no one else has one and it would be unique to CG. Regardless of what we do, we don't really have the man power to develop what could be a successful serious RP server from the bottom up and the people we do have that are capable of actually doing anything with such a project aren't willing to put so much time and effort into creating server that has a good chance of  no one playing on it after a week, and rightfully so.

I think its fair enough to say the days of serious RP at CG are dead until a band of developers rise up that are willing to do a lot of work that is likely to go unused.

Which is pretty easily fixed if it's done. ESRP was always my first choice after it was discussed. Being an excellent idea with tons of potential, on top of being a truly original gamemode would stand out by itself. So those looking for a new serious roleplay experience might stumble upon that and seeing it's a completely new concept it can be very attractive. Also if Khub or whoever ended up developing this, they could get input from the community, advertise the ideas and so on. Then when it's finished we're not left in the dark as to how it will feel, look and what the features include etc.

- Unique roleplaying experience to CG and Gmod as a whole
- Various races with their own religions, cultures and stories
- Extensive timeline; Makes room for creating CG's own additions to lore and personalizing the story
- Tons of ideas for events; Each of which can include a majority if not all of the players on
- Player driven actions can shape the way the server plays; Meaning no elitist groups or mundane ideas
- Game mechanics (Skills, classes etc.) can be used to balance each player into a specific potential job or alignment in the world
- Tons of ideas for careers or experiences in-game (Shop owner, mercenary, blacksmith, mage, guild instructor, guard, rebel, theif, jarl etc. which can all be regulated through either applications in some sort or though having to earn the money to gain the equipment or property to do any of these things. (The list goes on. This is what I thought up in 5 minutes.)

Although the payoff in my opinion is well worth it, it's still up to Rofl and whoever is going to create the new server. But from what I see there's a few choices and elder scrolls roleplay is my choice as of now since it's not completely out there. Epidemic is nice but zombies has been done so many times and isn't original really. Now as to the fears of no players interested here at least, basing the playerbase off of HL2RP which is the most overused serious RP done in Gmod isn't a good way to look at the outcome of a possibly great new server. But if anyone has anything else to say, I'd like to hear it. Really hope this is acknowledged at least.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:26:09 PM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
Dat last screenshot. Yes.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal