Author Topic: Robotic Utility Controlled Kinetic Utilizing Simian (R.U.C.K.U.S.)'s Authorization Application  (Read 8245 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Player Section

Steam Name: Sexy Frog
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
~ A 4 foot, chimp like robot
~ Said robot being able to effectively scale buildings
~ The ability to upgrade said robot at the groups leisure
~ DOG model for this character - http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/13.D0g.jpg
~ Have this character also given to Toxic Zombie and Yak (Will explain)

Name: Robotic Utility Controlled Kinetic Utilizing Simian (R.U.C.K.U.S.)
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

UNIT:
SECTION: *&PRIME>!
CLEARANCE: *&(*$@~

Enter Password: ************
ACCESS DENIED: UNIT DOES NOT EXIST!

WARNING: UN£^%~"£$###############
ERR"£$^$£"%%&^***£%$"$£^%"^$243524^%£^"%$£"%£$62%$^&$^&345

Ente6543r Pas2&%##ord: ************
ACCESS GRANT#ED

Connectin4234#"£$^&^g to Netw^%ork
Connec#3ting...
Connecting...
Conn].]\ecting...
CONNECTION ESTAB~$£@LISHED

New Fi"^£$@##ened: msg."@^%~"£>2
Subject: 5%#$^RUCKUS+2^

<::|| Many months have gone into this. I don’t even know how I haven’t been discovered being that I am doing what I am doing. Then again, I pray to every possible god that does and once did exist that I haven’t just jinxed myself. But regardless, things are going smoothly and I seem to be forging some type of relationship with this group. Strictly professional, of course. They demand, I supply and get paid in return. That’s really all this is about…or rather, how I expect to keep it. When I first wandered in on this place, I was a bit skeptical, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to investigate. Who would’ve thought my curiosity would have got me into a fight that I thought would have been to the death with the ‘Batman’. Of course, as far as anyone else knows, she is dead currently so I guess I won that one in the end. After some snooping about and sweet talking, I managed to earn a place here in return for an acceptable flow of supplies, which I had agreed to deliver and in return I may come and go as I please.

I make sure to wait until nobody was around and did my best to sneak in and out in order to give out scrap and construction supplies here and there. Maybe some food stuffs, but overall, that’s about it. I may be making a profit off these people, but no amount of money is worth getting caught for smuggling out weaponry. I won’t take that risk. But after a few weeks of doing it, I managed to find a paper with a schematic drawn on it. Quite curious as it looked rather complicated and…expensive. After a bit of asking around, it turned out to be a project they had been working on, which would explain the over bearing necessity for supplies. Turned out they needed quite a few more things such as a central control hub. Thus the need for a few data pads. I won’t lie, I was quite reluctant at that.

Data pads are tricky business and getting them out would be even trickier with Logistics units crawling about, they’re like rats they are. Though never the less I managed to smuggle a few out with some haste and I made extra sure to look inconspicuous while doing so. I mean, it hardly mattered, really. I make a point to be the ‘perfect’ and respectful as to remain out of question, however I think of myself as devilishly sneaky. As long as there are others about, I am focused and down to Earth. This isn’t some game I can muck about in. Finally, I got to the place in which I always find them and presented the pads. I got a pretty penny for them, mind you. Fifteen hundred tokens for them all, not bad if I do say so myself…which reminds me…I need to figure out how much more I can extort from them. But that’s something for another time. I gave them up and left after that.

I came back a few days later and there some considerable progress on this thing. Sinclair called it R.U.C.K.U.S…it stood for something like Robotic Utility Controlled Kinetic Utilizing Simian. I believe that was it. Apparently they had all been working on this thing together while I am away on my duties such as metal work for the body and program in which the robot may be controlled. I thought it was rather interesting and wondered if it would work anything like a scanner but apparently for the most it will but at some point after they have gained a bit more understanding, they plan to upgrade Ruckus to AI. From what I saw in the frame work, it’s roughly four feet tall and has a chimpanzee like body structure. Good for scaling walls by the look of it as there is extreme detail crafted into the hands and feet for grip and strength. Now I was never one for mechanics but with my new found knowledge, I must admit, this is pretty impressive. I may look into more ways to help out if given the right price, but as an avid entrepreneur you have to be able to present new stock whenever able.
But the truly impressive part happened just yesterday.

They finally finished the framework and the creature was looking rather impressive, stored upon a wall by a series of hooks hooked up to Sinclair’s little computer. Using the datapads I managed to assist him in some programming for Ruckus and place a similar program in which the scanners run off of. If all goes to plan, Ruckus should be up and running (and climbing) like the animal it is based off of. ||::>

Sav"@^$6345s: msg.73%@#26#3
Saving File...
3Savin65ile...
Saving File423#'...
File Sa43'2ved

Disconnecting  . .-.
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTI%"$£^ON LOS##T........................

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+ An effective scouting robot that would minimize members of the actual group being caught
+ The ability for RUCKUS to scale buildings providing they have ledges/gaps to grip
+ An interesting, different thing to role play that was worked on by the group and to be used by the group
+ DOG model
+ Can be upgraded freely and equipped with tools and attachments we feel necessary (No, we don't plan on mounting MP7 + rocket launchers to it.)
+ Intimidating figure that would likely cause some units and most citizens to flee
+ Quite mobile

Defects
- Not exactly the most silent at close range
- Due to its not exactly small stature, it can be seen should we not be careful
- Tying into three people having the same character: It can only be used by one of us at a time and is very much the same character, thus should it be captured/destroyed while say Yak is using it, then Toxic and I are unable to use it due to Yak causing it to be indisposed
- Possible weight disproportion should we upgrade/equip is too heavily and slow it down
- DOG model is huge give away
- Possible short circuit if it gets soaked
- Occasional maintenance
- Definite target for capture/dis-assembly

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use RUCKUS towards the benefit of Prime, send it on scouting missions that would otherwise place members of the group in jeopardy or if a high up perspective is needed to map out objectives and distances. Due to me wanting to be fair and not restrict the use of this robot to myself or one other player within the group, I decided to copy a similar process in which Ozjackal used to represent Daniel Slater/Onyx in which there are multiple character that are the exact same one however split between all three of us for equal usage. That being said, how each of us uses it is to our own discretion and has the possibility of being misused and inevitably lead to capture/dis-assembly of RUCKUS. Given the robots agility and speed, capture would prove no easy task as it is able to scale buildings however at no point do I nor my members plan on going lol1337ninja robit.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Dr. Edwin Sinclair - Yak

Elizabeth Williams - Toxic Zombie

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
I am fully able to provide IC screenshots should I need to as I as well as all the members have been working on this project ICly for quite near a month, possibly a little less.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/885230356419531484/4E08A4047595BAE41E786F56D2B7EDA92E5D8F7A/

I also can provide a representation in which I drew to represent RUCKUS for the sake of construction.
http://imageshack.us/a/img405/3158/20130319133028.jpg

Spoiler for Hiden:
Credits to Y2K-iwiee - 17? for the original format save the changing picture numbers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:38:07 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is probably the coolest and most interesting app i've seen thus far. Great work Sexy Frog and friends. I hope to see this in the City one day. Please keep it safe.

+Support

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
By god, you're almost crazier than Reaver! In a good way.

Great work and I very much hope to see it around.

*Dixon slaps down his +Support!*

The Mysterious Stranger

A authorization with a nice patch of creativity. I've known Sexy Frog for quite some time and I can trust her with the authorization. You can has my +support

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A authorization with a nice patch of creativity. I've known Sexy Frog for quite some time and I can trust her with the authorization. You can has my +support

I'm a him... :(

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Ouch...

Erh, more on topic...

I took the time to read through the auth, and while i find it a tad short it certainely is interesting and well written enough to compensate for it, not to mention the good presentation that Sexy decided to use for it (I love when people go with this kind of auth where the character retells part of it rather than an omniscient author, it's hard to do well but it usually hits the spot.)

As little as it counts i give this my +Support, looking forward to seeing this working in the city

The Mysterious Stranger

Your name and avatar confuses me. .-.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Your name and avatar confuses me. .-.

I've known Sexy Frog for quite some time

lol apparently you havent known sexy frog for quite some time

either way they have my support for the authorisations.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Inventive application. I spoke with Yak about what he intends to do with the robot and he won't be strapping AR2s and grenade launchers onto it. So that means I'll support this application.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll support it because it's being managed by competent people who have demonstrated their prowess in RP. Plenty of lead-up RP has been done up until this point so it should be interesting to see it ingame if it's accepted.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If it's 4' tall, why are you using the 8' tall Dog model?

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I can attest to the length they've been working on the machine. I was present in the beginning of its conception ICly.
The app was a good read.
The format is visually pleasing.
+support and I look forward to seeing it in-game!
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

as apposed to the 4 foot model we have for a robot

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I'm confused. Educate me please.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I'm confused. Educate me please.

aka we don't have a model fit for it, DOG is probably the closest one we have, thoguh the model resizer would be nice for this

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal