Author Topic: Nicolas Fausto's Authorization Application  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nicolas Fausto's Authorization Application
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Elions
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- A black Revolver with Cyan night sights
- Speed loaders for the Revolver bullets
- A small box of ammo for said revolver
- Random assorted supplies (very small ammount of low caliber medications, food and one set of worn clothes)

Name: Nicolas Fausto
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

The castle remained in a quiet state late at night, Nicolas was in a deep slumber on the second floor, already tired from all the work he had to do earlier in the day (He was preparing for his usual location change.)

Something rattled at his door, it seemed almost like someone was trying to open it from the other side, the sound was loud enough to wake him up
"Mierda... Bandidos de nuevo..."
He figured it must have been bandits, the kind of bandit that is much too desperate to care for subtlety, that was the only explanation he had at least for the fact whoever had tried to open his door had attempted so with so much force and noise.
He got up from his makeshift bed, only wearing his boxers for the moment as he had no time to properly dress, he quickly picked up an old piece of wood he had in his room, he had fashioned it to somewhat of a club in order to protect himself in case something like this ocurred. He listened closely next to the door untill the footsteps seemed to go the other way, opening the door with care as to not make any noise brandishing the club in his other hand

The figure he saw in front of him was that of a man close to his age, the dim light from the castle's roof opening let him see the man's dirty blonde hair, it reminded him of someone from time past but he didn't have time to reminisce about it.

He took one quick swing to the man's back, knocking him down due to the sheer force, the man quickly turned around in the floor, looking back towards Nicolas as he used his leg to kick back at him
He managed to knock the club away from Nicolas' hand, only for him to lounge towards the man and attempt to pin him down, something which wasn't too hard given the previous blow to the back

As Nicolas pinned the man down, the dim light from the moon lit up the stranger's face somewhat, he focused at first on holding him down with one hand on his neck, the other already formed into a fist, ready to descend on the stranger's face repeatedly to knock him out permanently... But then in that split second of focus, he noticed the man's face.

(The following is a flashback, not entirely necesary to read in case you want to speed your reading up)
Spoiler for Hiden:
=============

Nicolas and his companion were smiling, relaxedly walking down the streets of Vegas after a night of gambling and fine dining. It had been ages since he had taken time off for himself, he certainely didn't expect to have time to do so in this city either, specially considering the line of work he was in town for
"I have to admit... Taking a day off the 'lab' was a good idea, Josh"
The two men, much to more than one by-stander's surprise, were holding hands as they walked and talked
"Well, you've been working your ass off in that place for ages already, Nico. If anyone in there deserves a break it was you"
He smiled warmly at him as he said that, nobody really ever praised his work (not that he felt work that was this 'negative' for society deserved praise) but when that praise came from Josh it felt honest. Josh had been working with the cartel's US operations for years now, he had no reason to distrust him, though they both kept a very good
The two spent a whole night out, returning to a hotel in the late night (What they did inside, i'm sure we don't need to detail)

The next morning an abrupt call woke up Nicolas, who noticed that Josh was no longer in the hotel room with him
"Ahg... 'a-Alo?"
He answered in a groggy voice, a worrysome voice from the other side from one of his bosses asking him if he was allright
"Wha? Yes Boss i'm fine... What's the matter?"
He quickly told him to check the TV, go to channel 13
He turned the TV on as he was instructed

"And our current top story... A police raid has uncovered a drug lab being used by one of Mexico's most dangerous cartels working inside the city of Las Vegas, Nevada... Sources indicate the raid only aprehended a small part of the workers as it was during night time, however the lab operation was big enough that this will become a /significant/ blow to their operations..."

'significant' wasn't really the way he'd describe it. The cartel had many other labs spread around Nevada, this was a minor setback at best... The report continued untill they started talking to the officer who had allegedly made all of this possible, that's when Nicolas was shocked.

There, in full detective gear of the LVPD was Josh. He was an undercover policeman, and had allegedly been leading an investigation on the cartel for years, meaning this was not the only strike the Cartel was going to suffer

As soon as the report ended, Nicolas grabbed his phone again, he wasn't worried about it being tracked as it was a disposable one and inmediately tried to call Josh
The phone rang a few times before Josh answered it, sirens still heard in the background

"Josh, what the fuck?! How could you-!?"

"Nico... It's for your own good. This could have been worse."

"Did you fucking use me all this time?!"

"No!- No... We never even talked about work remember?"

It was hard for Nicolas to wrap his mind around this, he couldn't even feel like he could trust Josh anymore, yet a part of him couldn't let it go that easy

"Nicolas.. I took you out that night precisely so you wouldn't be caught in this... Please, just trust me. I know you're not there by your own will-"

"Don't. Don't dare talk about that, next time I see you i'll put a bullet through your FUCKING HEAD."

He quickly got off bed, turning the phone off and throwing it out the window of the Hotel room, he was quite a few stories up, so the phone was destroyed as soon as it hit the ground.
He never truly meant that, and yet there was no other thing he could say to Josh at that moment.
There were backstabs in this business, he was more than aware of it... but this tugged much closer to his heart than to anything else.

It took him months to get over what Josh had done, he didn't hate him for dealing a blow to the Cartel, on the contrary he was glad as his work was forced more than anything, but it was much too late to try and contact Josh anymore, his identity already out making it impossible for them to reconnect again, at best leaving an odd, barely recognizable sign for each other when paths somehow crossed.

=============

It wasn't just the man's hair colour that reminded him anymore of someone, truth be told this WAS the man he had been reminded of by that tone of hair.
Joshua Lovhaug, an old love turned heartache

It only took that split moment of distraction from Nicolas' side for Josh to strike at his head, managing to push him off and getting up to his feet again, drawing a revolver and aiming at Nicolas, he yelled at the top of his lungs

"FREEZE DAMMIT!"

Nicolas quickly put his hands up, yelling at Josh who clearly didn't recognize him at first glance

"Josh, don't!- It's me! It's fucking Nicolas, put the gun down!"

Josh kept the revolver aimed at Nicolas for a few moments, unsure... But as he got a more detailed look at him he fully recognized him

"N-.. Nico?..."
He put the gun away inmediately after he said that, offering Nicolas his hand to stand him back up, which he gladly accepted. Nicolas hugged Josh tightly, he had thought his old friend dead after the 7 hour war began
"I thought you were dead... How the hell did you escape them?"
He said that to Josh as he pulled away from the hug (rather awkwardly too for that matter)

Josh explained to him how had he come to stay in Romania.
As it turns out, his investigation on the cartel did not end with the Las Vegas raid, he took time to investigate on the cartel more mainly because of the story that Nicolas had told him, how they were keeping him working for them by threatening the life of his father, and how many other workers were under similar threats

What he uncovered was not good, specially not for Nicolas... He had discovered that his father had been killed almost inmediately after their "deal" had been made, it was easier than to actually keep the man alive as he could try to come back for his son.

As soon as he learned of that information he tried tracking down Nicolas, he had to tell him himself of these news, he had to keep him safe from the backlash.
He managed to find out about his location in Romania via the few remaining contacts he had in the Cartel, quickly taking a trip towards the location, but on his way to the old Shack where he and his new partner were staying the 7 hour war erupted. Seeing the invasion from afar much alike his friend, he was forced into a self-made exhile, avoiding cities and big locations where the Combine were looking for all active members of police or the military, he had thankfully kept his old Revolver, a customized weapon that he had gotten as an award for his upstanding service as an undercover officer during the Las Vegas raid, and some old food he had kept for the trip.

"... Somehow I knew already... I just... Held onto hope I suppose..."
They had sat down on a small table that Nicolas had on his room, a small set of candles lighting the room up along with the moonlight from the window
Josh put his hand to Nicolas' shoulder, squeezing it gently
"I'm sorry, Nico. I really am... Not just for your dad, for what I did back in Vegas."
He looked up back to Josh with tired eyes
"No... No it wasn't your fault. Had you told me I would have given you away with how much of a nervous wreck I was."

He got up slowly from the chair, sighing as he kept his view on Josh

"Look... You can't stay here. There's too many crooks around these parts, and some of the cartel is still around here, as soon as they realise who you are you'll be a dead man."

"And leave you behind now? I've been looking for any sign of you being alive for 3 years now, i'm not going to let you go this time Nico, and that's final."

He got up, quickly taking Nicolas' hand in his

"If I can't stay here with you then i'm taking you with me. Come on Nico... We have nothing to lose anymore, we're finally on the same side, let's make the most of it while we can."

Nicolas looked at Josh's eyes, he meant what he said and he knew he was right, when else would they get a chance to literally run away?..  That was if the few members of his cartel that remained hadn't picked up on Josh's presence already.

"... Allright, allright... But we'll leave in the morning. I still need some rest, and I sure as hell am not leaving without my pants on"

The two took their time, resting for the rest of the night in Nicolas' makeshift room before heading out in the afternoon the next day.

Nicolas was understandably nervous, though being back with Josh also gave him confidence in the possible future (to an extent that is), for once, Nicolas felt "okay" with life again though he didn't feel safe outright, he felt like they were being watched, followed even.

They traveled for a few days up untill they required supplies... Thankfully Nicolas still had his old "survival guide", it only took them an hour or two to find an old abandoned market next to an old village, they needed to get food and water, and possibly set up for the night

Nicolas went deep into the market, trying to find a secluded place for them to sleep while Josh looked for unused supplies around the market.

"This spot here should work fine for now.." Nicolas said to himself as he found a decent spot inside the manager's office, hidden deep in the back of the Market.
After he set up a makeshift bed for both of them, he went to look for Josh, hopefully to help him out.

Josh waved at Nicolas from one of the hallways, approaching him with some old bags of non-perishable food, not the tastiest of finds, but certainely the most usefull for long term supplies, they were only two or so steps away when Nicolas heard a loud bang.

It was a gunshot that came from Josh's direction, specifically from behind him.
It all went down for Nicolas at a slowed down pace, the shock of the event seemed to confuse him as Josh was hurt, falling towards Nico who quickly put his arms forward to hold him up. He barely managed to look over Josh's shoulder at the assailant...

It was a man holding a 9mm gun, Latin in decent clearly as he took a quick look at his features.
He managed to recognize him as one of the 'guards' that was appointed to him back in his first few days in Romania

Nicolas slowly put Josh down after the shot, still shocked from seeing this event ocurr as the man recognized him

"Nico? Thank fuckin' god you're okay man, i thought that fuckin' copper had killed you already!-" The 'worry' in his voice was clearly faked, falling on Nicolas' deaf ears as he looked at Josh, whose eyes had widened as he writhed in pain after the shot, his lungs were collapsing after the gunshot pierced them.

"Figures that fuckin' prick would keep following us even after this huge mess, come on man we gotta bail before any of his butt-buddies show up, you know what the rumours were about this faggot."
The young man patted Nicolas' shoulder, turning around and walking towards the exit in a rather calm fashion, it was clear he had no understanding of what was going on, nor even what had happened between Nicolas and Josh.

Murder, they say at least, is a crime of passion.. But those who claim this seem to forget the other ingredient needed for it. Rage.
As Nicolas saw Josh's life slowly fade away while holding him in his arms, all the rage from the abuse he felt at the hands of the Cartel boiled inside of him, all of the horrible deeds he witnessed, what he had to do, what had been done to him... Something in his mind simply snapped.

He quickly moved his hand to Josh's holster, finding the revolver in it and pulling it out, turning around and aiming towards the young man again, the sound of the hammer being pulled back calling the young man's attention

"Oh come on man... Don't tell me you're sorry for that cocksucker!-"
He said it in an almost joking manner, his 9mm gun already on the holster again as he turned around to look at Nicolas, realising the ammount of rage and frustration the man displayed

"H-Hey... Easy now man... You know the Cartel's still in working order. You do any weird shit and your dad's gone."

Almost everyone in the Cartel knew what to do for their 'workers' that had been brought in by force like Nicolas... Little did he know it would no longer work

Nicolas simply stared back at him for a few seconds, an almost sepulchral silence that was quickly followed by him firing the gun, hitting the man in his stomach
The loud screech of pain echoed through the market as the young man fell back in pain, trying to scamper to grab his own weapon from his holster, to which Nicolas quickly responded by firing another shot towards his forearm, hitting the wrist and rendering it limp. He kept moving forward, sights set on the young cartel member as he tried to move away from Nicolas fruitlessly

"You can't- You can't do this man! Please!"
He yelled in desperation as Nicolas shot again to the man's leg, it seemed at this point that he wanted to cause as much pain to him as possible as he kept moving forward
"GRAH-! N-No!- Think of your father, esse come on!"
Three more shots were fired, hitting the man in non-vital spots as Nicolas yelled back with rage filling his heart each passing moment
"My father is dead, you little shit!"
He was standing over the man, aiming the revolver to his head and pulling the trigger... Only he had run out of bullets.
"M-Mercy, please... You can still fix me u-"
As the man pleaded Nicolas quickly turned the gun around, not giving him a moment of rest as he used the butt of the gun to clob at his skull. Over, and over, and over...
By the time Nicolas was done, the poor man was no longer recognizable, at best he was food for Antlions or redneck canibals (if there even were any left in the Romanian area)

He quickly went back to Josh, still in critical condition as he held him in his arms again, looking at him with a worried expression
"Just hang in there man.. I- I know people, they can help!-"
Josh looked back up at him, still covered in the blood and bone of the cartel member, though he focused only in his eyes
".. It'll be ok" he told Nicolas, the little life he had slowly slipping away as his hands squeezed tightly onto Nicolas' arms.
"Just... Let me go... I'll be fine"
Nico held onto Josh's hand, both of them knew that they only had a few seconds left of time, so they made the most of it by staying this close to one another, a kind of connection that's so rare to find between two people you might only have one chance to truly experience it

"Nicolas... I..."
Josh wasn't able to finish that sentence, his eyes slowly fading as he simply close them, finally going into the eternal slumber that we call death
Nicolas didn't shed a tear, he didn't say a word.... He simply held Josh's hand, leaning forward lightly and holding his now lifeless body close to him.

The next day he worked his way back towards the Mountains, the only spot he knew that the Cartel was for some reason avoiding... Sure, it was dangerous still, specially for him. But it was the only place he knew they wouldn't attempt to hurt him, or anyone he knew in such an unexpected manner. He was carrying a few supplies from the market again, as well as Josh's revolver, which he kept to remind himself of what he had lost due to his own mistakes. What little ammo and "extras" the revolver had he kept with him, each step feeling heavier than the last as he moved away from the place where he had burried Josh, but he had to let it go... He just didn't know if he could.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- A way for Nicolas to defend himself other than his makeshift chemicals
- Some minor supplies to help him stay alive out there without the assistance of other people
- A weapon which he's accostumed to.

Defects
- The revolver's ammo is difficult to find
- If used incorrectly, the Revolver could cause harm to his wrist
- Cleaning the revolver requires time and patience
- Scavenging for new ammo takes time

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
- Have a way to defend Nicolas in case he is attacked by someone with a weapon
- Give him a light sense of independence
- Help him adquire something in case he is injured

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Painis.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:52:08 PM by Elions »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nicolas Fausto's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
with Cyan night sights

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

why would this even exist in post 7 hour war conditions

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »
with Cyan night sights

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

why would this even exist in post 7 hour war conditions

Night sights are really just those little dots that are on the Ironsights of a weapon, They come in different colours depending on the gun (Usually red/gren/blue)

Finding a gun that /doesn't/ have one or another kind of nightsight is rare.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
In my personal opinion, this feels like a rushed app in hopes for a quick weapon. The story just seems too easy...some guy contacting him for heroin who just now happens to want to give up everything he has.
It just feels like it lacks detail and originality.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »
Most modern snub noses have a single night dot sight And the majority of the new Smith and Wesson's have some sort of night style sight.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
In my personal opinion, this feels like a rushed app in hopes for a quick weapon. The story just seems too easy...some guy contacting him for heroin who just now happens to want to give up everything he has.

He's not really looking to give up what he has, he wants to die of an overdose, hallucinating so that he doesn't feel a damn thing.

I could have put a bit more detail into the story but I still tried to work it to something that can have repercussions for the character later on, and certainely not just a simple trade, he literally helped someone die in a despicable way just for some extra supplies, his survival basically depending on this man completely giving up on life.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:28 AM »
I agree that this seems rushed and honestly too short for an application for a weapon. It feels as though you just pulled a pathetic story out of your ass to get a gun. It needs to be more original, and it needs to be just .. more detailed, I guess, like Pi said.
Live free or die

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
I agree that this seems rushed and honestly too short for an application for a weapon. It feels as though you just pulled a pathetic story out of your ass to get a gun. It needs to be more original, and it needs to be just .. more detailed, I guess, like Pi said.

I can understand where your criticism is coming from, but at the same time you're voicing your opinion rather agressively. I'd appreciate it if you made constructive criticism, not destructive criticism.

That said, i have a better idea as to how to auth for these items, i will most likely edit this later tonight after i've written the new story.

Scratch that, will probably have to do this tomorrow, i had to use my worktime for university related stuff and all the stuff i can write at the moment is gibberish
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:16:27 PM by Elions »

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »

I can understand where your criticism is coming from, but at the same time you're voicing your opinion rather agressively. I'd appreciate it if you made constructive criticism, not destructive criticism.

That said, i have a better idea as to how to auth for these items, i will most likely edit this later tonight after i've written the new story.

Scratch that, will probably have to do this tomorrow, i had to use my worktime for university related stuff and all the stuff i can write at the moment is gibberish
I will provide my opinion in whatever manner I damn well please. My "aggressive" tone doesn't make my constructive criticism destructive at all. It has the same content either way. I don't criticize the tone you write in either.

I look forward to reading your new story.
Live free or die

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 10:48:29 AM »
It took me a bit, but the story has been re-written entirely. Take another look.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 12:51:51 PM »
Alrighty then.

Read through the revised story and I don't see much to argue against: it had decent length, the grammar was acceptable and the story held me enough. Though, I would like you to go back and capitalize your 'I's as you do tend to neglect that on the forum and in RP. Once that is done, I'll give my support.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »
Alrighty then.

Read through the revised story and I don't see much to argue against: it had decent length, the grammar was acceptable and the story held me enough. Though, I would like you to go back and capitalize your 'I's as you do tend to neglect that on the forum and in RP. Once that is done, I'll give my support.

Nasty habit of mine...

Fixed them (as far as i can tell)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 04:05:45 PM »
+Support yeah. This has been here a while so I'll try and find an SA willing to give a verdict.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
Altogether the Backstory is pretty thorough for what you are applying for, and I know you have the RP to back it up.
Elions has earned NinjaShrimp's +Support
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
I'll throw in my support as well. Everything seems to be in order here though it has been sitting for quite a while and I think should be booted out of the way soon.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal