Author Topic: [WIP] The Forgotten City - joint project with Statua  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP] The Forgotten City - joint project with Statua
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
Was bored at work so I did this to learn a thing or two about urban naturalization.

Spoiler for Pictures:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

And lil Lenny all bored and alone after he killed his friends.
Click to see the original size.

I suck at buildings :S That's why Oz will be doing all the buildings.
If possible can you make it so every building has rooms on every floor. If not can you do as many buildings with causing less lag. In other words try not to make buildings on the map look like plain models, make it so you can actually enter them and explore them.

EDIT: Also when is a suggestion thread gonna open since i just made a suggestion?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:15:42 PM by Ramone »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »
That actually looks quite good. The skybox will probably need to change at some point to fit with the gloomy atmosphere but for dev purposes this looks cool. The vine props might get a bit expensive though if we use them on each building.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 01:38:33 AM »
That actually looks quite good. The skybox will probably need to change at some point to fit with the gloomy atmosphere but for dev purposes this looks cool. The vine props might get a bit expensive though if we use them on each building.
Most of the vines are decals and overlays lol. cs_italy textures. So sexy. Anyway the buildings are up to you. I'll do all the exterior naturalizing but I cant do interiors and broken floors and walls n shit like you. This map BTW isnt going to be in the main map. its jsut me trying out things to see what works and what doesnt.

And yes Ramone, we will try to get as many buildings accessible as possible and yes, we will open suggestions as soon as we can decide on a layout.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »
Looking cushty as if I do say so myself.
have a nice day :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal