Author Topic: Father Andrew Zaroli's Authorization Application  (Read 3620 times)

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Father Andrew Zaroli's Authorization Application
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: cfitz22
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): A year or two
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: A year or two

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Priesthood clothing (Lenten)
Gold (fake) rosary
Small Bible

Name: Father Andrew Zaroli
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Father Andrew Zaroli was a Catholic priest who worked in a small community in Romania. It was filled with mostly Americans so Father never had to learn another language. He preached at an old church before the war. When the attack began, Andrew went to the church and grabbed two Lenten robes, a pocket Bible, and a rosary. He then fled to the nearby outlands after telling everyone that they should scatter. He found a few houses with kind Romanian families who understood his predicament. They allowed him to stay for a while as the battle raged. Father stayed for a day and left, wandering the woods. The Overwatch sweeped the outlands areas and Andrew stayed hidden. Andrew found an old destroyed church and preached to people who passed through. He prayed to the only thing still standing, the cross.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Nothing really, just a purple robe with a gold cross and a Bible. WORD OF GOD YEAH!

Defects
The purple is pretty bright, people can see me well.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Passive RP. I wanted to RP a priest, so I will.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope, just me.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I am Catholic so that's why I'm doing this.
Don't make fun of me just because I say i'm stressed... I'm a person too.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Father Andrew Zaroli's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
Is this a joke

Stop making useless posts in Auth apps. Next one will be a forum ban. -KJUN
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:51:39 PM by KJUN »

Offline Misty is kinda Mittens

• ʕಠᴥಠʔ
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Father Andrew Zaroli was a Catholic priest who worked in a small community in Romania. It was filled with mostly Americans so Father never had to learn another language. He preached at an old church before the war. When the attack began, Andrew went to the church and grabbed two Lenten robes, a pocket Bible, and a rosary. He then fled to the nearby outlands after telling everyone that they should scatter. He found a few houses with kind Romanian families who understood his predicament. They allowed him to stay for a while as the battle raged. Father stayed for a day and left, wandering the woods. The Overwatch sweeped the outlands areas and Andrew stayed hidden. Andrew found an old destroyed church and preached to people who passed through. He prayed to the only thing still standing, the cross.

Seems kinda short and UN-explanatory.
I mean so he got out found a family. Had grabbed the stuff and hid in the woods till today? 

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Father Andrew Zaroli\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
Yeah the backstory isn't great, but it does depict how he obtained the items.

Post Auto-Merged: April 03, 2013, 10:32:22 AM
Is this a joke
Yak don't comment shit like that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:32:22 AM by cfitz22 »

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:41:09 AM »
It's not the longest, most detailed backstory, but it covers all that is asked for, and what's asked for is really nothing controversial. Since it's such a small thing to request, I'll through in my Support, no matter how much it really counts for.
I'm a fag

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
Sorry, very big -support on my part here. The role of a Catholic priest isn't a common thing, and this application doesn't prove to me in anyway that you could roleplay this correctly. My first issue is that there's no developed backstory explaining why he chose the religious life at all, something I see as important in a religious character. Secondly, you gave a few brief description of getting the stuff, and I'd rather have it be a bit more descriptive. My third issue ties in with getting the authorizations is the survival aspect. How did a man who's clearly a religious priest (who the Union executed in the invasion) survive in the wilderness merely roaming for, what, three years now? And my fourth issue is a more personal one, as I am a Catholic as well. This application has very little thought and effort, and almost comes off as a joke to me. It makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about when you aid you're a Catholic, and it honestly offends me a bit. Again,  I am against this application until you can do some major reworking of it.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »
Wait, isn't he banned from the HL2RP servers anyway or was that repealed?
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »
+support here. Not asking for too much for a type of character that I haven't seen around the Outlands much.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
Why is your affiliation 'Rebellion'? You're a priest, what are you rebelling? Especially in Outlands. Shouldn't you be all about the word of God?

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
User is still ban as his appeal was denied.
Link for BA here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=23584.0

I'm going to lock this until a HL2RP Admin can get this settled and straighten.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 02:40:34 AM »
This application is denied because cfitz22 is still banned from HL2RP.
Your application also lacks some important details, as pointed out by several previous posts. You may reapply once you get unbanned.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal