Author Topic: Overwatch - Rehabilitation Decree X-2  (Read 4885 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Overwatch - Rehabilitation Decree X-2
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »

<::| Rehabilitation Decree X-2 |::>

Inhabitants of the region,

As the head of the Overwatch Transhuman Arm of the Universal Union in the Sector in which you reside, I have been asked to pursue a more mutually beneficial and "less aggressive" approach which both satisfies my overarching requirements and also guarantees your survival.

It is clear that our superior raid tactics are only stirring up a nest of ants who then choose to scramble to another nest.

This process repeats over and over and little gain is made on either side.

You must be so tired of it.

Several modified armored vehicles have been deployed to the region with specialized mineral collection equipment mounted to the chassis. These vehicles serve the purpose of managing harvesting operations in selected areas which require a labor force to work in conjunction with automated equipment.

Obviously, it is less than optimal to force you to work for a cause you don't believe in. You clearly haven't done so for the past several months. Therefore, participation in the labor force is declared optional. In return for the participation of an individual, there will be a reward of ration packages imported from closest urban center. Group participation will be rewarded with increased rewards.

Intentional sabotage and other acts of aggression, however, will result in the aforementioned obliteration of this region as well as its inhabitants.

You have no doubt noticed several hovering platforms in the sky. The rumors are correct; they do provide real-time surveillance of an area and are highly effective at detecting threats and neutralizing them with extreme accuracy. They will be placed on permanent standby during the harvesting activities and will be used as a preventative measure to curb the possibility of selfish aggressive actions towards the labor force.

Volunteers: harvesting equipment will be deployed in times of sustained region activity. Overwatch forces are instructed not to engage inhabitants unless they pose a security threat. Submit yourself to a supervisory member of the Overwatch without conflict and aid the labor force. Work efficiently and within the given parameters and you will be rewarded and released without incident. Work areas will be illuminated by blue lamps.

I remind you once more: we are offering you a more stable and less chaotic path than the one you have placed yourselves on. Annihilation without provocation will cause you to burrow like insects once again and the cycle will repeat.

We are offering you an opportunity to break the cycle.

This offer will be presented once. Should you foolishly choose to squander it by conducting aggressive action then we will assume autonomous control and purge the region as we did with the last.

You have one chance. I urge you to consider it or at least trial it for the sake of your friends, if not your own wellbeing.

~Overwatch Commander 086
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:17:21 AM by OzJackal »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Overwatch - Rehabilitation Decree X-2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
 This is quite the interesting topic, OzJackal.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
Looks interesting.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
Very interesting indeed. Good job.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:30 AM »
Gangs in the labour force yes

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:55:15 AM »
I will post more extensively tomorrow but right now i feel this idea would actully be detrimental to outlands, it seems shoe-horned in even to include OTA in a less than efficient way

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 03:08:15 AM »
Got to experience the result of the decree firsthand today. Created some pretty good roleplay, actually.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »
I will post more extensively tomorrow but right now i feel this idea would actully be detrimental to outlands, it seems shoe-horned in even to include OTA in a less than efficient way

Annihilating every inhabitant would be much more detrimental.

That option is always open, of course.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
The problem i see with this idea is that it makes Outlands into basically a rural version of City. While City doesn't have bad RP we go to outlands specifically for a DIFFERENT kind of RP, we shouldn't be trying to make it more like City, we should be trying to make it less like city.

That said i also feel like the whole "drones flying about" thing (along with your comment of total obliteration) are exaggerated honestly.

The combine have control of the world but you have to take in mind that means there will be resistance ALL over the world, they can't take control of ALL the tech there is and even then they are dealing with limited resources too because they themselves are trying to avoid such resources from existing in the first place. While OTA certainely has more resources and advantages i feel like they shouldn't be the unstopabble force they are at the moment (I'd argue that they should never have been so in the first place)

There are many, much more interesting ways to create RP for the combine side in the outlands, and while it does involve taking away some "advantages" the OTA have so that their involvement/threat is more constant, it also means that there would be much more things to do in outlands for rebels/ota (not that there's a lack of that right now either way, but it could certainely be worked out better)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »
The problem i see with this idea is that it makes Outlands into basically a rural version of City. While City doesn't have bad RP we go to outlands specifically for a DIFFERENT kind of RP, we shouldn't be trying to make it more like City, we should be trying to make it less like city.

That said i also feel like the whole "drones flying about" thing (along with your comment of total obliteration) are exaggerated honestly.

The combine have control of the world but you have to take in mind that means there will be resistance ALL over the world, they can't take control of ALL the tech there is and even then they are dealing with limited resources too because they themselves are trying to avoid such resources from existing in the first place. While OTA certainely has more resources and advantages i feel like they shouldn't be the unstopabble force they are at the moment (I'd argue that they should never have been so in the first place)

There are many, much more interesting ways to create RP for the combine side in the outlands, and while it does involve taking away some "advantages" the OTA have so that their involvement/threat is more constant, it also means that there would be much more things to do in outlands for rebels/ota (not that there's a lack of that right now either way, but it could certainely be worked out better)

hi

You know, it's completely optional. These things will barely be like city, at all.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
I can just see, overwatch guards on one side, resistance guards on the other to protect their brothers, and a bunch of people in the middle working. Just thinking about the tension that can come up is getting me hyped.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »
I just hope you guys realise that this is an IC note and that Overwatch could be lieing. Just wanted to point that out, they aren't immune to do stuff like that. So it's actually practical to assume that some part of that decree isn't truthful, or at least stretched at some part. So don't instantly assume that "you rebel scum shoot me, we blow up valley rip". Kronos, Misty and I actually got into a firefight the other day with OTA (Well, KRONOS DID). I'm not going to go into details on why it happened, but needless to say, the fight was not purposefully initiated by either OTA or us, and was a misunderstanding on our part. We discussed it with Overwatch, and they gave us the terms to a continued 'neutrality' state (if that's a good way to put it). I got sentenced to some forced labor for the issue, and Laurence had to leave.

All in all, I thought it was a much more intersting approach to that roleplay scenario then a gunfight. It's nice to see some roleplay with OTA that isn't them just gunning people down.

I can just see, overwatch guards on one side, resistance guards on the other to protect their brothers, and a bunch of people in the middle working. Just thinking about the tension that can come up is getting me hyped.

There aren't Resistance guards, per say. I came onto the worksite with two melee weapons, but they got a little aggitated when Price came up with his guns. Needless to say, though, they didn't actually just kill us right away for a chance, which is always cool  ;D

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal