Author Topic: The Bunker  (Read 9478 times)

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Bunker
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »
Here are the screenshots of the first people inside.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Bunker
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »
hello

Click to see the original size.

Don't worry, these pics aren't IC. I had the drone available when I was taking some screenshots for some OTA forum stuff so I decided to see what you fools were up to.

Cool to see that the bunker is open for business now.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:11:41 AM »
hello

Don't worry, these pics aren't IC. I had the drone available when I was taking some screenshots for some OTA forum stuff so I decided to see what you fools were up to.

Cool to see that the bunker is open for business now.
These are some awesome pictures, I'd imagine them beings take from a scanner.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:31:48 AM »

I had a prop scanner with an antenna (the flipped hook that appears as a metal stick on the right hand side of each picture) that was being trialed for OTA purposes.

It's good for spying.  ;)

Here are two more. The first one is taken from the top-down camera of the main field command drone that gets put into use now when a raid occurs. The second picture is taken from a flying drone which makes a circle around the playable area of the map automatically.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:54:02 AM by OzJackal »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
Its about time you guys get to see the bunker and open those awesome doors.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
I'm not sure giving people control of 12 inch steel doors that can survive a nuclear blast is the best thing to do but ok. Such power requires capable hands. Time will tell just how well it goes.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »

I had a prop scanner with an antenna (the flipped hook that appears as a metal stick on the right hand side of each picture) that was being trialed for OTA purposes.

It's good for spying.  ;)

Here are two more. The first one is taken from the top-down camera of the main field command drone that gets put into use now when a raid occurs. The second picture is taken from a flying drone which makes a circle around the playable area of the map automatically.

Aka the thing that got me killed before the new OL map ;)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
I'm not sure giving people control of 12 inch steel doors that can survive a nuclear blast is the best thing to do but ok. Such power requires capable hands. Time will tell just how well it goes.

Someone is bound to be controlling it. If they have the power to do so (and had the means to open it as well), I see no problem in them controlling the bunker as long as they aren't complete hardasses about it, which they've said they aren't going to be. They said it'd be a 'public place', and I do believe they will keep that promise. However, seeing as they were the ones to open it and have the resources to occupy it, I have no problem whatsoever with them being the regulating faction of the bunker.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 11:17:41 PM »

Someone is bound to be controlling it. If they have the power to do so (and had the means to open it as well), I see no problem in them controlling the bunker as long as they aren't complete hardasses about it, which they've said they aren't going to be. They said it'd be a 'public place', and I do believe they will keep that promise. However, seeing as they were the ones to open it and have the resources to occupy it, I have no problem whatsoever with them being the regulating faction of the bunker.
If any problems arise from the bunker being open and people cant learn to share it, I'm more then willing to take it away. Even if that means nuking it.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »
If any problems arise from the bunker being open and people cant learn to share it, I'm more then willing to take it away. Even if that means nuking it.

cool more ooc admin intervention with ic matters

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 01:38:52 AM »

cool more ooc admin intervention with ic matters

Thank you raged.

Statua. You can't prevent someone from claiming something ICly. OOCly I understand, but ICly....thats like saying since you own this closet ICly, you have to share it with those who don't have access to it OOCly so they can use it ICly too.....If we have a code to the damn thing, why do we have to share it? How else will anyone get in without constantly leaving it open for others? I remember being told that the famous Civiwatch got to ICly/OOCly claim the previous bunker, but thats a bit off topic.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 01:51:54 AM »
The reason why there'd be some intervention is due to what happened with the previous bunker and the amount of OOC drama that spanned from it.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:04:08 AM »
The reason the bunker was sealed in the first place was to prevent IC claiming right away. Claiming of a major area causes problems, especially if it's in the wrong hands. And yes, we can OOCly intervene. If thats not the case then unpk Beans. As serious of a server as we are, we cant let shit fly freely. We need to make sure the server doesn't turn to shit so OOC intervention may take place.

That being said, I love how you all assumed I WAS going to do something OOC.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
 The new bunker is quite small for a faction so it would be the valuable place for one to simply inhabit. A bunch of people inhabitating it is another story.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
The reason the bunker was sealed in the first place was to prevent IC claiming right away. Claiming of a major area causes problems, especially if it's in the wrong hands. And yes, we can OOCly intervene. If thats not the case then unpk Beans. As serious of a server as we are, we cant let shit fly freely. We need to make sure the server doesn't turn to shit so OOC intervention may take place.

correct me if im mistaken but khub (a superadmin who outranks you) stated otherwise that admins cannot intervene in IC matters unless rules are being broken, and an example of that would be the beans situation

what's the point in having creativity and conflict in roleplay if admins are going to intervene and prevent anything fun from occuring?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:50:52 AM by raged »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal