Author Topic: Gabriel Dixon's Authorization Application  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gabriel Dixon's Authorization Application
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:33:37 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [CAT RIDERS] Dixon
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1/2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A Fixed Crossbow (Yeah yeah, I know I made an app for a broken one, apprantly I had to apply for a fixed one due to some complications I wasn't aware of)

Knowledge on disassembeling crossbows.

Name: Gabriel Dixon
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Gabriel's Dad yelled for Gabe as his Dad laid Gabriel's Crossbow on the table, Gabriel rushed in and said "What Dad?" His Dad looked at him. "Don't you pick up the tone with me, you little shit! Now. I'm going to teach how to fix your Crossbow." Gabriel  barely listened to what his Dad said before then his ears perked up to hearing that he will be taught by his Dad. "Really?" Gabriel said with glee. "Yes yes! Now come 'round 'ere and i'll show ya'!" Gabriel ran around the couch and jumped next to his Dad "Ok...so what am I doing?" Gabriel's Dad looks at him. "First. I'll show you how to, ok?" Gabriel smiles and says "Yes!" Gabriel's Dad orders Gabe to go get a screwdriver, a hammer and a pin-shaped nail from the car and Gabriel does so and come back with all of the items his Dad needs and places them on the table for his Dad. "A'ight boy! Look closely and learn for crying out loud!" Gabriel nods seeming exicted.

Gabriel's Dad positions the Crossbow on it's right side and points out a small bolt. "Boy, that is inside the scope mount frame." Then his Dad proceeds to place the nail ontop of the bolt and gently hammers the nail and pushes the bolt through the other side and then he slides the scope mount frame off. "Boy! Get the bolt and keep it safe."  Gabriel's Dad points inside the scope adjusters frame. "See? Two screws, memorize that because you'll be taking it apart and putting it back together after I have." Gabriel looks at his Dad, smiling instantly. "Ok Dad, i'll try." Then his Dad removes the Two Screws that are inside and takes off the scope adjuster frame, he hands the screws to Gabriel. "Hold on to em'!" Gabriel's Dad then removes the one screw on the top. The Crossbow now has no scope mount, or scope and then Gabriel's Dad locates the Two Screws and gently removes them, his Dad then spins the crossbow around on the table and removes the left side's Two Screws and tips it upside down and points out yet another screw. "Aye! Are you paying attention?" Gabriel nods. "Yes Dad.", "Then pinpoint these locations of the screws, memorize!" His Dad proceeds to remove the screw inside the camouflage frame and removes the bottom of it, now the metal frame is separated from the camouflage frame, His Dad picks up the hammer and gives the metal frame a gentle hit and the metal frame comes apart from the other.
"Okay boy. Now. This where you can remove the trigger, ya' know, incase it's rusty or somethin'."

Gabriel's Dad puts the metal frame on it's right side and removes the two screws and does the same on the left side, he then removes the trigger frame by sliding it out and then he picks up the trigger frame and puts it upside down, he unscrews the screw that was under the trigger frame and takes out the trigger. "There you go boy. that's how you do it."

His Dad places the trigger back inside the crossbow and puts it back together again. "Now..You see the wire on this bad boy?" Gabriel nods. "What if it snaps on ya'?" Gabriel says. "I don't know..Dad, what do I do?" Gabriel's Dad smiles. "Watch." Gabriel's Dad unties the Wire and says "A'ight boy. You watch..." Gabriel watches closely while nodding.

Gabriel's Dad pulls the wire and holds the ends of each side and pulls it infront of each wheel and pulls it around the wheels once more and attaches both sides of the wire to the arrow retention spring.

"There...That's how you put a wire on this crossbow, now go into your fuckin' room and learn!" Gabriel's Dad gives him the Crossbow.

Gabriel did as his Dad told him, he tried and he tried but came to no avail, each day, each month, each year, Gabriel tried with The Crossbow. He always did it without his Dad's help and just by himself...

Back in the Outlands.

Gabriel walked into the Lounge of the Inn and saw Keiji sat on the couch in the lounge, Gabriel walked up to him and asked him. "Fixer. Right?" Keiji looked up and looked at Gabriel "Yeah, that's what people call me around 'ere, you need somethin'?" Gabriel smiled and unslung his Crossbow and placed it on the table in-front of Keiji and said "Ya' think you could ave' a go at it?" Keiji spins the Crossbow around and looks at it. "What's a matter with it?" Gabriel puts the crossbow on it's back and says "Broken Trigger and Snapped wire..." Gabriel moves forward and fiddles with the trigger, Keiji then says "Don't do that, ya' might break the whole thing!" Gabriel stops fiddling with it and sits down and remembers his father taught him about this, Gabriel flicks his head up like he has remembered something and says.  "Ya' got a screwdriver?", Keiji reaches over to his toolbox and takes out a screwdriver. "Anythin' else?" Gabriel nods and says. "Hammer and a nail." Keiji then takes out all three and hands them to Gabriel then Gabriel gets to work on the Crossbow as Keiji sits back and watches...

"Fuckin' hell. What did he do?" Gabriel smacks his head. "C'mon!" Gabriel then spins the Crossbow around and gets to work on the left side. While he does so Keiji says "Do you know how to fix a Crossbow wire?" Gabriel nods as he takes out the trigger frame. He pulls out the rusty, bent trigger and places in the new one and hearing a click as he does so.

Many minutes later.

"Gah...This is takin' way too long!" Gabriel finally finishes putting on the scope mount frame and the Crossbow is back to normal. Keiji looks at Gabriel. "Thank the heavens. You done?" Gabriel shakes his head. "Still the wire, now Fixer. I want you to hold the Crossbow while I do this. I may need your help." Keiji nods.

Gabriel takes out a spare wire and places it at front and holds the wire by the ends and proceeds to pull it back and loop it round. "Fixer, attach it to the arrow retention spring while I hold this thing." Keiji leans forward and takes the ends from Gabriel and attaches it to the arrow retention spring. Gabriel then plucks at the string. "It's good, thank you." Keiji smiles. "No problem." Gabriel takes out one of the arrows from the bottom mount quiver and places it on the barrel and pulls it back and aims down the scope and fires at the wall. The Arrow flying through the air and hitting the wall. Gabriel smiles. "Yeah...It's fixed." Gabriel runs over to the wall and removes the arrow from the wooden wall while Keiji stands. "I best be on my leave, cya around Dickson." Gabriel nods. "Me too, cya."

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Able to defend himself.
Long range kills.
Silent Kills.
Fixing the crossbow.

Defects
Slightly long time to reload an arrow.
Not being able to fix it by himself.
Crossbow could possibly jam.
Could make him a possible target.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Be helpful if someone was planning to kill another, fight against Necrotic attacks etc.

Maybe pick up the "Grey Knights" a little more. (Mix between Black and White knight ;) )

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No. Just Dixon.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Cats and OOC Crossbow if possible.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:43:43 AM by Dixon »

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gabriel Dixon's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »
Might as well state my opinion on this:
As much as I don't trust you; I can't see a problem with this - you've applied for a broken crossbow in the past and now it has obviously been fixed.
You have my support.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:47 AM »
He's got my support for this. He had the authorizations for the crossbow, and I think the backstory does a pretty good job of explaining the auths requested and such. Again, +support here.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Delete my account

• Money is good
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
Wait he lost his arm though just saying I don't know how that is able to happen.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
Wait he lost his arm though just saying I don't know how that is able to happen.

I think that RP was voided?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Dixon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »

I think that RP was voided?

Yes, it was. I don't want this to be a aruging thread for that day.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:21:48 AM »
What "complications"?

And as I remember it.. it wasnt too long ago you applied for a broken crossbow.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:26:35 AM »
What "complications"?

probably wanting the ooc item but can't equip it or anything because no ammo and he won't be getting ammo because broken

and yes he has a section of the backstory dedicated for him and keji (o7) fixing it

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:48 AM »
What "complications"?

probably wanting the ooc item but can't equip it or anything because no ammo and he won't be getting ammo because broken

and yes he has a section of the backstory dedicated for him and keji (o7) fixing it

As much as I dislike two paragraphs which tl;dr just says "my character met another who could provide all and everything to fix the weapon", there isnt anything wrong with the application itself, I agree with hogs.

Although, you still dont have any ammo for it.

Offline Dixon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
What "complications"?

I never got the OOC item for it. And the fixing it with Keiji was ALL in-game.

Apparantly to Dallas I had to re-app for a Fixed Crossbow in-order too get an OOC Item, which is what I am doing now. If it's not to much of a fuss to get an OOC item.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:05:07 PM by Dixon »

Offline Dixon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
Could an admin deny this as Gabriel Dixon was PK'd

o7 Gabriel Dixon - Last words: Gabriel Dixon says "Laurence...I hate you, I should've never trusted you! You fucking nigger!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal