Author Topic: High Command RP Ramble  (Read 14810 times)

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: High Command RP Ramble
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
\\ There really is no alternative to how you can rp a HC Unit, as you're expected to do things that have a varying effect on people.

Why does everyone keeps saying HC if they're referring to S0?

Anyways, I disagree 100%. S0 has acted nice towards units before and it's  not really a bad thing. I guess you're going to say "You're only OfC" (Which is why I don't get why you say HC instead of S0) but 280 is nice to the units he likes and isn't to the units he doesn't like. It's never bit me in the ass before, because it's realistic. ICly I was friends with many of the units that are in (and some out) of my division, and it wouldn't make sense for 280 to start yelling at them for no reason when he considers them friends. He will still yell at them sometimes, but not as much as units he doesn't like/isn't friends with. As far as I know, there aren't people who go out of their way to avoid RP with 280, so the way I see it, it's completely possible to do your job and at the same time make it so people aren't scared shitless of you and are forced to RP with you.

In all honesty I wasn't scared of 031, I just avoided RP with him because he was annoying and a pain in my ass. Not to mention he held training sessions where all of the admins got in vent together, and then you yelled out IRL military commands that none of us ever heard of, and then yelled at us when we got them wrong just so you guys could have a laugh (And simultaneously waste our time). If people avoided 031, in my personal experience, it wasn't because he was scary. He was simply annoying. (Don't mean any of this personally or as flame, just my honest opinion, and the opinion of a few other units I've talked to.)

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: High Command RP Ramble
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
\\ There really is no alternative to how you can rp a HC Unit, as you're expected to do things that have a varying effect on people.

Why does everyone keeps saying HC if they're referring to S0?

Anyways, I disagree 100%. S0 has acted nice towards units before and it's  not really a bad thing. I guess you're going to say "You're only OfC" (Which is why I don't get why you say HC instead of S0) but 280 is nice to the units he likes and isn't to the units he doesn't like. It's never bit me in the ass before, because it's realistic. ICly I was friends with many of the units that are in (and some out) of my division, and it wouldn't make sense for 280 to start yelling at them for no reason when he considers them friends. He will still yell at them sometimes, but not as much as units he doesn't like/isn't friends with. As far as I know, there aren't people who go out of their way to avoid RP with 280, so the way I see it, it's completely possible to do your job and at the same time make it so people aren't scared shitless of you and are forced to RP with you.

In all honesty I wasn't scared of 031, I just avoided RP with him because he was annoying and a pain in my ass. Not to mention he held training sessions where all of the admins got in vent together, and then you yelled out IRL military commands that none of us ever heard of, and then yelled at us when we got them wrong just so you guys could have a laugh (And simultaneously waste our time). If people avoided 031, in my personal experience, it wasn't because he was scary. He was simply annoying. (Don't mean any of this personally or as flame, just my honest opinion, and the opinion of a few other units I've talked to.)

It's habit from my perspective, really. It just generalizes everything.

Good job, you're going through the medium. It's just the higher you get in rank, the harder it is to maintain. Eventually you'll narrow your friends down to OfCs/01s and eventually (if you stay in as long as I did) they'll leave, get promoted or just get demoted. Once you reach that stage, you begin doing things like I did because you can't approach anyone because of the reputation you unconsciously built, and by the time you realize you straight out can't approach anyone, you just give up and turn into the "I hate everyone" HC S0.

I take no offence, don't worry. I knew I was being annoying, and I purposely was annoying. The lack of things to do when you're an all-combat oriented unit when there's no combat is very little, so to generally pass time I would annoy Units in character as to show my boredom. It was mostly due to the 'no weapons in city' phase that last for what, 3 months. So there was a IC motive behind the annoying things I did, I just never really told anyone because they never asked.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal