Author Topic: High Command RP Ramble  (Read 14724 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: High Command RP Ramble
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 01:07:33 PM »
Please keep this IC. It happened even if you lot don't like it. This should hardly be up for discussion any longer.

My thoughts exactly.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
As a High Command unit, I will say that 280 doesn't feel restricted. I've had room to develop him as a character. ICly he's never been brainwashed/wiped/whatever. He's hardened, and that's because he's taken many people's lives (Including his friends) in his time in the CCA. He remains loyal to the Union due to his backstory. (If you care enough, you can look up Adelmo Sucre's CCA app)

As for forensics being borderline meta-gaming, please take a look at the current rules in SPECTRE. I've placed many OOC rules in place when I was running SPECTRE because we were getting shit for meta-gaming. Since these restrictions have been placed, never once has Forensics taken ANY evidence without first consulting the suspect and figuring out what was left behind. Saying that forensics meta-games is simply ignorant. If you actually take your time to research our cases, then you'll find out that since I've placed those OOC rules, there has been absolutely 0 "loldna".

As for Airborne's inactivity or whatever, I think people need to remember that he's the S4 Section Leader. S4 is unlike every other division because it's 2 divisions in one. Expecting him to run both is simply unfair, as every other section leader only has one to worry about. That's why each one of his OfC (Pettit and I) specialize in one section of S4. I think it's safe to say that I essentially run Support, and Pettit runs Logistics. Airborne is there to look over us, and ensure that we don't fuck up. If we do, then he interferes. In my personal experience, Airborne has always helped me whenever I asked for it, and that's really what he needs to do as the Section Leader. So while activity is important, I feel he can complete his job without being on the server as much as the other S0 members. So long as he is there to assist Pettit and I when we need him to, then I see no issue. This is why I personally believe that Logistics and Support should be separate sections, the section leader can't possibly specialize in both medical and mechanical, but this debate has already been had.

As for the entire ordeal with voiding the RP, as many others have said, IC is IC, keep it there.

I'll admit that I didn't read absolutely every post in my thread, so if I repeated something that's already been said or whatever; my bad.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
It's also not very reassuring on the fact that I am very sure that had the event in the sewers not transpired, virtually nobody would have been the wiser IC or OOC. Had nobody known OOC, this discussion wouldn't be going on right now. That's kind of sad that in order to keep things easy, fun and flowing we have to suddenly become Third Eye or S2 with our actions and keep it on the down low or risk bull shit OOC fights like this.

Please keep this IC. It happened even if you lot don't like it. This should hardly be up for discussion any longer.

i found out ic'ly before i did ooc'ly

edit: can i get a PM from one of the parties involved informing me whether my sources were legitimate or if they were metagamed please

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
It's also not very reassuring on the fact that I am very sure that had the event in the sewers not transpired, virtually nobody would have been the wiser IC or OOC. Had nobody known OOC, this discussion wouldn't be going on right now. That's kind of sad that in order to keep things easy, fun and flowing we have to suddenly become Third Eye or S2 with our actions and keep it on the down low or risk bull shit OOC fights like this.

i found out ic'ly before i did ooc'ly

edit: can i get a PM from one of the parties involved informing me whether my sources were legitimate or if they were metagamed please

Due to units finding out IC of a respectively metagamed instance you were informed of a situation that did not have a solid IC basis to begin with. It's was nobody's fault in particular not yours or the units who told you/answered to the request. The logs clearly stated that the man in question who requested had lolspawned the shipment of request devices and would not be able to spot a SL's black CCA uniform in the darkest portion of the sewers without a flashlight, which said person did not have.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:19:49 PM by Rap Master Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
I thought the reasoning for him spotting 938 was the bright red optics of his mask. Which if I'm not forgetting, Airborne accepted that part at least.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
I thought the reasoning for him spotting 938 was the bright red optics of his mask. Which if I'm not forgetting, Airborne accepted that part at least.

If I'm not mistaken, Airborne was not facing the corner the man was standing at. Though I may be mistaken. If this is so, then there would not have been much to see. That's like wearing all black in total darkness and having a red glow stick. If you put your body in front of the glow stick, it isn't really visible due to it being obstructed and the weak light radius isn't exactly something to help in being spotted.

But again, I could be wrong.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »

I thought I was agree upon that the source was illegitimate. I could be wrong though. The person who supposedly found us lolspawned a request device. I think there were other factors, plus the fact that it wasn't realistic that the person could see us clearly without a flashlight and without rp.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
The person who sent the report said in the report that elizabeth and 938 seemed to be more than friends. It would be impossible to see anything that would give any hint that we were, "more than friends." We even kept our /me's to a minimum and the only thing that happened was a /me of elizabeth putting her hand on 938's facemask. The citizen was pretty far away, I'd say realistically comparable to 30 yards at the very least and didn't have a flashlight. The only thing he could possibly see would be a very faint glow of the red lights on the left side of my facemask because I was making sure to stand in a very dark corner of the sewers. I actually couldn't even see elizabeth's character right in front of me, so there's no way it would be possible for him to see anything or know that I wasn't just detaining someone down there, therefore making his request 100% metagamed. I also checked the server logs prior to him reporting us just to see if he had RP'd trying to get closer to us to anything like that and the only thing I saw in the logs from him was where he lolspawned a shipment of request devices literally just before he sent in the report. He must have seen the /me of elizabeth touching my facemask because you can see /me's pretty far across the map in chat.

So basically, if this is going to be unvoided, no one has a reason to check any logs or footage, as has already been stated that any video evidence can't be used against me in this. The only thing that could ever get me caught is if someone catches me actually meeting her again, or catches her alive and questions me about it, in which I already have a great IC reason with a perfect back up with logical medical excuses for how she could be alive, which I won't mention unless that time comes.

As for the pistol, I see no issue here and its not like they have infinite ammo or that its someone who can't handle the pistol.

Regarding the comments about my activity, yes I did recently get a new job and a very good one at that. Its a career and takes much of my time. That doesn't mean I'm neglecting my duties here at the community. While I may not be on the server every night, I'm on steam every night and I always have the forums up. If you need to speak with me about an IC issue, copy the IC message format in the hl2rp IC section and send me a forum PM in which I will respond with an IC message as soon as I see that message, or alternatively, send me somewhat IC formatted message over steam and I'll have an IC stasis discussion with you on an issue if I'm not on the server and I'm unable to get on at the time.

As for any further details on this RP, I won't be mentioning anymore about it OOCly and I'll be keeping a close eye on what I can actually be caught for and what I can't to prevent any metagaming attempts. As far as all of you should be concerned, this RP didn't happen to your character's knowledge and Elizabeth is dead and you have no reasons to doubt that 938 killed her, as he confirmed through the radio. If I get on and there's a lolinvestigation going on, I'll call metagaming and take administrative action against any metagaming, whether you're an admin or not and if I catch admins metagaming, punishments will be higher than normal players and this goes for any situation, but you all already know that.

To address the issue with 495 and his project, I do apologize that I didn't focus so much on that particular project, but it also can't be said that I neglect the projects of Logistics. Just in the past month I've ordered and followed two major projects through, those being the vortigaunt shock collars and the IC usage of viscerators. The reason I didn't spend as much time discussing the vest project 495 was testing during my RP with elizabeth is because I already spoke with 605 who came up with the project idea about the specifics and I approved the project so I assumed all 495 wanted to do was test a prototype, in which I had him test it on 121 while I did my RP.

And yes, I am aware that negative consequences /could/ come of this RP and its a risk I'm willing to take. I'm starting to see that I'm spending less and less time on 938 and the server in general. I've pretty gone as far as you can go in the CCA with 938 and I've got a great service record and once you get to the top, things get boring because there's little to work for anymore so I'm pretty much creating unusual RP with my unit that isn't totally strange for my unit's personality and feelings. I've released level 1 anti-citizens in the past as a DvL and never said anything for very similar reasons as I did this with elizabeth. I've never said anything until now for reasons such as why there was an issue with this RP, but I can assure you all, its not something that's totally unusual for my unit. My unit often values himself and his own interests above the Union's and he is justifiably corrupt to a small degree. Not corrupt as in he accepts bribes, but corrupt by Union standards because he's done things in the past that goes against Union policies and laws but seem morally right to 938. Its just how I've developed my character.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »
As a High Command unit, I will say that 280 doesn't feel restricted. I've had room to develop him as a character. ICly he's never been brainwashed/wiped/whatever. He's hardened, and that's because he's taken many people's lives (Including his friends) in his time in the CCA. He remains loyal to the Union due to his backstory. (If you care enough, you can look up Adelmo Sucre's CCA app)

you dont feel restricted because you're still only an ofc
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »
Pro tip: Units won't be afraid of you/actively avoid to rp with you if you're a nice guy aswell as a great leader. If you stomp around, shout at everyone or go out of your way to scare everyone regardless of if they deserve it, then people will not want to be near you. Not saying any of the current S0 do that or nothing. Simply a pro tip.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:19:57 AM by Dallas »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:21 AM »
Pro tip: Units won't be afraid of you/actively avoid to rp with you if you're a nice guy aswell as a great leader. If you stomp around, shout at everyone or go out of your way to scare everyone regardless of if they deserve it, then people will not want to be near you. Not saying any of the current S0 do that or nothing. Simply a pro tip.

A pro tip that ends up getting you killed half the time. Trying to be a 'nice guy' when you're expected to be cracking down on Units for screwing up, training them so they can actual perform anything and all the bits in between is a tad hard. Speaking from experience, whenever I tried to be 'nice' it backfired massively because that Unit that I was being nice to proceeded to stab me in the back for it. Another time I tried to be nice 031 actually died. Luckily he was revived shortly after, but nonetheless, acting 'nice' gets you nowhere once you get past OfC.

Seriously, being nice is the same as being a dick, you always end up dead or ignored in the end.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »
Not to mention your not exactly suppose to be nice in a force like the CCA, its kinda defeats the point of them being evil...
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
Well what would you propose as an alternative? Swagger around dishing out nonsensical acts of violence at random? Deal out blackmarks like cards in poker? I'm not saying be 'good guy greg' all the time. Just saying that units will always perform to a fuller extent if they actually like their leader. If a unit is scared of their leader then it forces them to do things, this can lead to units going rogue or becoming seriously damaged. While that ties well with HL2RP, it would be quite a grind to have every HC of the CCA being essentially the same thing.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »
Units being scared to a point where they're both IC and slightly OOC scared (fear of severe punishments, etc) is an awful thing that ruins roleplay for everyone

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »
Well what would you propose as an alternative? Swagger around dishing out nonsensical acts of violence at random? Deal out blackmarks like cards in poker? I'm not saying be 'good guy greg' all the time. Just saying that units will always perform to a fuller extent if they actually like their leader. If a unit is scared of their leader then it forces them to do things, this can lead to units going rogue or becoming seriously damaged. While that ties well with HL2RP, it would be quite a grind to have every HC of the CCA being essentially the same thing.

It's utterly impossible to be perfect, but the best you can do is find a good medium between each. I tried to find that medium but I was so far down the track of 'dickassholeholyshit' that I couldn't recover. There really is no alternative to how you can rp a HC Unit, as you're expected to do things that have a varying effect on people.

C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal