Author Topic: Lone Wanderer\'s Outlands Appeal  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lone Wanderer\'s Outlands Appeal
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
Steam name: Lone Wanderer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23860145

In-character name: Michael 'Y' Eloriga

Reason my character should be transferred to the City:
IC Reason.

Detailed back story explaining my escape from the Outlands:
It had been at least two months since Michael had left what used to be Istanbul for a new life. He'd gotten the supplies and training from the old 'Y', and was ready for a new adventure of his own. However, the exact style he'd chosen proved to be much more difficult than he'd expected.

Although Michael was generally lucky enough to avoid direct danger, the Outlands were nothing like he expected them to be. The Outlands were vast, abandoned, and very unpredictable. While he'd grown used to the lack of knowlegde on what would happen next, the lack of people he figured would be around the next day was low.  With his constant wanderings and new nomadic style, it was hard to find a place to fit in. And on top of that, they needed to speak Spanish as well, a language that seemed oddly difficult to find across his travels.

Along his travels, Michael met an old friend of his from the ETA named Jonathon. After a few days of catching up, resupplying, and general discussion of where the two were at, Jonathon proposed something to Michael, something he hadn't really thought about on his journey thus far...

"[Basque]Look, Michael, I know it's asking a lot. But we /really/ need a contact in City 17. We need to know what's going on in there, and it's good to have someone in case we decide to operate there" Jonathon said.

Michael nodded his head slowly, running his hand through his hair. Jonathon had been hinting this during the entirety of his stay with him, and he seemed desperate. Michael tapped his foot as he pondered the thought of going back into a city. He'd just taken a two month journey to escape from one, was it really time to go back into another? Michael was clearly torn.

"[Basque] There's not a whole lot out here, Michael. Aside from large bugs, crazy men, and Union forces. The city isn't much better, but I've heard good things about City 17. Lot's of potential allies, and the possibility for a somewhat easier ride" Joanthon said, pleading.

Michael shook his head, sighing, "[Basque] Fine, fine. I'll do it. Life out here sucks anyways" he said with a slight chuckle.

Jonathon smiled widely, lifting a drink from the table, "[Basque] Excellent, excellent! This was a good meeting indeed!"

Following Michael's agreement to enter City 17, Jonathon discusses terms with Michael, and said his final goodbyes. Along with some food and water to keep him going until he reached the city, Jonathon gave him directions for a sewage tunnel that would lead into the city. Michael spent a day and a half hiking through the countryside until he reached the entrance, walking through the dimly lit, smelly sewage pipe. After a good two hours wandering through the darkness, he noticed a few beams of light coming from a hole in the ceiling, with a barely visable ladder coming down from it. He slowly climbed the ladder, pushing on the manhole that covered the rest of the light. As he pulled himself up from the hole, a louderspeaker went on with a message...

"Welcome, welcome to City 17."

Time when it happened(if misclick): N/A

Post Auto-Merged: March 24, 2013, 11:31:23 PM
Oh, probably should have mentioned that I do have a pistol and a clip of ammo for it. Here's the auth app and the list of stuff I have: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=23178.0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:31:23 PM by Lone Wanderer »

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lone Wanderer\'s Outlands Appeal
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »
Pretty decent story, I don't hold any objections.

+Support

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lone Wanderer\'s Outlands Appeal
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
Sorry that we took so long to review this - have fun in the city.
Accepted, ask a superadmin in-game to get your character unoutlanded.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal