Author Topic: Door is invisible  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Vinneh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Door is invisible
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »
When I buy a apartment the door turns invisible to me. Help!

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Door is invisible
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
Hmmm couple questions.

- When does it start occurring? Like after a certain time on the server, or instantly as you buy a door?

- I've looked around on the web, and someone else had a similar problem. When this invisible door thing occurs can you open sub menus?

- If you exit Gmod, and re launch it do you get an error saying "master pipe lock" or something along that?

-  If you restart steam/gmod does it fix it?

Also i'd try suggesting you validate your Gmod  files, and see if that work. If even test it in single play wait around for a bit, and see if the doors become invisible. A lot of people are saying on the the web it's a gmod wide issue not really a HL2RP issue. To validate you just right click Garry's Mod on your library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity  Of Game Cache. I've had this problem before, but I don't remember how to fix it.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Vinneh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
It started to occur yesterday. It instantly disappears when I buy a door.
I try restarting GMOD and Steam already and it still didn't work.
I don't see a "master pipe lock" error.
I try to unlocking it and locking it to see if its fixed it doesn't.
I try selling the doors and then buy back. When I sell the doors it is visible when I buy it, it turns invisible.

Post Auto-Merged: March 23, 2013, 06:25:53 PM
If anyone knows a fix to this problem please reply has soon as possible. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:25:53 PM by Vinneh »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:35:33 AM »
I remember myself having a bug where nearly all the models went haywire and invisible - the problem you're encountering is weird, though. Neither the door's model neither it's skin is changed when you purchase it, so this shouldn't really happen. I'll try to add you on Steam and solve it later. Meanwhile, try getting yourself a fresh Garry's mod copy and then try again - rename your steamapps/<your username>/garrysmod/garrysmod to garrysmod-broken, Steam will automatically re-install the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal