Author Topic: Titan of the Dinosaurs, Elions's PK Appeal for Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson, Eli 'Stalker'  (Read 20012 times)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.) Had resources the group needed.
Your group already has firepower and pretty much is auth'd a vehicle. What more did you need?
2.)Had too much of an ifluencial grip on the Inn that Laurence visited.
The inn is an official unownable passive RP refugee sanctuary. Leave it alone.
3.)Threatened our vortigaunt
Your vortigaunt is corrupt and doesnt follow its race. Does oit even have auths to be that way?
4.)Proved to be hostile towards those who harm others.
So? Did he directly attack you? I don't think that was mentioned.

Honestly, you shouldn't have any information of our group...as it is not released. Unless you're making assumptions, as we gained most of our firepower from silent, who was killed after Old Man.

Please do not try to halt my RP because you believe it is a sacred RP ground. You do not own the Outlands.

I will leave number three alone as it is out of my answer.

He doesn't need to attack me to prove a threat towards the group. A threat isn't a direct attack. A threat most commonly comes before general attacks..

If you're trying to get me for pulling these out of my ass, I will assure you it will not go well. I do believe you're the only administrator who wants these two Unpk'd.

Give me some reasons I cant counter.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The group itself was already quite armed as we could both see during the attack itself. All of you had weapons in some form or another (Except for misty if i remember correctly). Weapons which were not small either mind you. The extra weapons from oldman and skyler are overkill to say the very least.

We're not trying to halt your RP because it's sacred ground, but because clearly there's more to this than simply rp, bordering greed for items and what clearly is malice against certain players. Nobody owns outlands but it's not a chaotic mess either. Agreements are made, organizations exist, and these can't simply be overriden by ooc means to fool people into a trap.

A majority does not mean they're right. If you were stuck on an island with two lunatics, and they voted to cook you slowly with a roast-side of coconut, would you agree with it and call it an excellent idea?.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The group itself was already quite armed as we could both see during the attack itself. All of you had weapons in some form or another (Except for misty if i remember correctly). Weapons which were not small either mind you. The extra weapons from oldman and skyler are overkill to say the very least.

We're not trying to halt your RP because it's sacred ground, but because clearly there's more to this than simply rp, bordering greed for items and what clearly is malice against certain players. Nobody owns outlands but it's not a chaotic mess either. Agreements are made, organizations exist, and these can't simply be overriden by ooc means to fool people into a trap.

A majority does not mean they're right. If you were stuck on an island with two lunatics, and they voted to cook you slowly with a roast-side of coconut, would you agree with it and call it an excellent idea?.

If you find the group to be such a dilemma, deal with it ICly. Outlands, on the contrary IS a chaotic mess by realistic nature. There is no law, there is no society, there is only instinct and survival. People acted accordingly as a group to take down what they perceived as a threat. There should be nothing stopping you all from doing the same. I really don't understand why this is still up for discussion. You say its not about the PK. Then if that is true, let it go and start anew. Use the experience you have learned from this PK and make another character. Find out about this group again ICly and then form a group to combat them. The Outlands is what you make it, and right now, seeing as we have the upper hand and the most fire power, it's what we make it. You have the power to stop this, in case you are unaware. You can make a new character, develop it again, make agreements and make organizations and aim to take us down.

I fail to see if Kronos's group was able to gain such drastic attention and power in quite literally less than a week, why you cannot do the same to stop us.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
"Killing people for items/guns/whatever" is actually something that would happen in a realistic scenario. If outlands was real life, there would be no such thing as a "good guy", really just a bunch of bandits who kill others for things of value that they may have.

So, is this appeal denied/accepted or...?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
The group is a dilemma because of the way it was created and supplied in the first place. These characters who in the matter of a week not only overcame the fact all of them would just go and murder each other before working together but got organized to kill off so many in people in a short ammount of time in a manner that really seems too organized to simply be done Icly.

What we can or can't do isn't precisely relevant when the whole process of this group's "success" was really based on either organizing what would in any reasonable situation fall apart before it began, or by oocly agreeing to it simply because you didn't like the current state of things in outlands.

Besides the point that if outlands was truly as "savage" as people claim, why do we have towns? Why do we have groups? Why did you even bother creating a group solely to ensure your 'dark knight' characters survive when according to you they should all be killing one another desperately for supplies? You appear to apply the supply desperation to us, but not to yourself, or even the factor of distrust between these (clearly clashing) characters.

And once again i reiterate, that the means by which this PK was accomplished were shoddy at best. The admins in charge acted in a way that demands revision due to their involvement in the group that "progressed" through this, the OOC means by which the meet was set up in the first place, and even ignoring how an alien sides with an ex-gang member that didn't even know about vortigaunts beforehand could work together properly it still doesn't work or feel right.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:38:35 PM by Elions »

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

So what you're basically saying is....The inn is not a passive RP refugee sanctuary. Everyone should work together and be happy no matter what, and I metagamed to get you killed.

No.

The Inn is an unownable area. Not a Passive RP sanctuary. The whole outlands can prove to be a Passive RP sanctuary. Not everyone should work together to stop disorganziation. We can be organized in our own ways in our on cliques. And for the last time, this is the last time I will say it, I did not metagame.

Okay, so if the majority rules that you should be pk'd, then I'm still wrong and you will always be right. I disagree with that. And i'm such a democrat, that I do believe if the majority rules something, then the majority wants that one thing. The whole decision shouldn't be made by three people. This is what i've been trying to point out. It takes a majority to make a choice. And if they aren't right, who is? Certaintly not you since you weren't even inside of the chat room. You assume i'm metagame. Yet, I didn't.

So here i'll provide the def. of assuming.

Used for the purpose of argument to indicate a premise on which a statement can be based.

Adjective

Arrogant or presumptuous.

Synonyms

arrogant - overweening - conceited - uppish

Stop doing these things please. And if you keep causing drama by repeating the same damn thing with different words. It seems like only you, Matt, and Statua are still on this. Everyone else wants to move on including myself.

As said before i'm tired of this. And i'm sorry that you lost your character. I really am Eli. It wasn't intended for you. And statua, as an administrator I was hoping to see that you'd try to see it from both sides instead of intensivly looking at mine. As I have given everyone what I could. Please, accept the death. That's all I ask....make some new characters. I mean really guys.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
And once again i reiterate, that the means by which this PK was accomplished were shoddy at best. The admins in charge acted in a way that demands revision due to their involvement in the group that "progressed" through this, the OOC means by which the meet was set up in the first place, and even ignoring how an alien sides with an ex-gang member that didn't even know about vortigaunts beforehand could work together properly it still doesn't work or feel right.

Who said Guram works with Laurence properly? I sure didn't. Guram does what he wants. Guram does not consider himself apart of the group, however he does associate with them due to them appealing to his desires. He's only with them for mostly his own benefit and is willing to put aside his disdain of those within the group for the sake of getting more collective action and food. Guram is a nasty bastard with a god complex and spends most of his time insulting Laurence as well as the majority of the others and throwing out empty threats to them. If one of them were to be injured, Guram wouldn't waste his time healing them with Vortessence because it is part of his spiteful nature. Once again, I will reiterate, he is only with this group out of convenience.

So please, explain to me what is wrong with my characters affiliation with this group? You make it seem like my character is dedicated heart and soul when in actuality your assumptions could not be farther from the truth. Just a little insight for you.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I really dont know who to vouch for here.

One side of me says deny the appeal. The RP scenario was played out in depth and SA's should have good judgement of things so there's no reason to unpk them. The players properly played through the scenario. But did anyone decide to check if any of the members were auth'd for a buff? Regardless, that was never pointed out and Kronos won fair and square.

Another side says to unpk and void the situation as I really dont want items which were obtained through authorizations to other people who are otherwise unauthorized to use said items. The fact they killed 2 key outlanders simply for their stuff also adds to this.

So I don't know what to choose from without anyone being butthurt.

And sexy, you're right but really, have you seen any hostile vorts in HL2? They talk to eachother with vortessence and wouldnt let this happen. How did your vort break free from the vortessence? If so, wouldnt that make him lose his abilities as a vort? I know it was never brought up but now that theres a problem, there needs to be legit reasoning behind it. This is why auths were created in the first place...

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I really dont know who to vouch for here.

One side of me says deny the appeal. The RP scenario was played out in depth and SA's should have good judgement of things so there's no reason to unpk them. The players properly played through the scenario. But did anyone decide to check if any of the members were auth'd for a buff? Regardless, that was never pointed out and Kronos won fair and square.

Another side says to unpk and void the situation as I really dont want items which were obtained through authorizations to other people who are otherwise unauthorized to use said items. The fact they killed 2 key outlanders simply for their stuff also adds to this.

So I don't know what to choose from without anyone being butthurt.

And sexy, you're right but really, have you seen any hostile vorts in HL2? They talk to eachother with vortessence and wouldnt let this happen. How did your vort break free from the vortessence? If so, wouldnt that make him lose his abilities as a vort? I know it was never brought up but now that theres a problem, there needs to be legit reasoning behind it. This is why auths were created in the first place...

Its like everyone is avoiding the fact that I gave four reasons and four counters to give even further reasons for those reasons to be implemented. It was not purely for items. If it was, they would've lived. They just would've lived with out their items.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
According to that logic, Statua, proper RP and SA approval < chars keeping their items

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
The whole situation is a gigantic mess... Between us being told it would end in NLR, being misdirected in ooc or ic one way or another and then subsequently get shot down every time we try to defend our case on TS or even in here.

I've said enough, and while i know chances are obviously against us both i still hold that this PK is unnecesary by all means.

And pi... The ooc items you were going to keep. How is this PK in any way productive other than to "eliminate the competition permanently"? Several days after the event... After an agreement as to what would happen was already made as well... You know where i'm going with this.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

What are you even talking about? Vortessence is the natural life energy that the Vortigaunts believe bind ALL life together, it's not a shackle that you can break away from. I don't see why a personality/mind set would cause him to not be able to manipulate something that are gifted to Vortigaunts by birth right. Not only that, but you make it seem like Vortigaunts were just lolintroduced in HL2. They /were/ in HL1, bro. If you look in HL1 they were brutally murdering humans. You can say; oh sure, but that was because they were enslaved by Nihlanth but who are you to dictate their emotions? Gordon Freeman as well as the Security Guard/Military Personnel in Black Mesa killed Vortigaunts in front of other Vortigaunts. For all you know, that was a brother, a friend, a mother. Kin all the same. You mean to tell me that that wouldn't cause resentment and hatred to fester in the back of one's mind like a rotting corpse?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:01:13 AM by Sexy Frog »

>I'll never forget...

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards

What are you even talking about? Vortessence is the natural life energy that the Vortigaunts believe bind ALL life together, it's not a shackle that you can break away from. I don't see why a personality/mind set would cause him to not be able to manipulate something that are gifted to Vortigaunts by birth right. Not only that, but you make it seem like Vortigaunts were just lolintroduced in HL2. They /were/ in HL1, bro. If you look in HL1 they were brutally murdering humans. You can say; oh sure, but that was because they were enslaved by Nihlanth but who are you to dictate their emotions? Gordon Freeman as well as the Security Guard/Military Personnel in Black Mesa killed Vortigaunts in front of other Vortigaunts. For all you know, that was a brother, a friend, a mother. Kin all the same. You mean to tell me that that wouldn't cause resentment and hatred to fester in the back of one's mind like a rotting corpse?

Actually, the reason the vortigaunts were killing humans in HL1 was mainly because of the profecy they believed in if i remember correctly, they firmly believed (as in, in general all of them did) that there was one specific human that would cause the destruction of both species or something around those lines. Then there's the fact that Vortigaunts treat life and death in a much more different manner than humans do. At many times they do not count each as individuals but as part of a greater thing, something which during the entirety of HL2 can be seen when they speak in english.

Edit: forgot to mention supposedly this human was Gordon freeman. Then it somehow changes to Gman. Then again, this information comes from an old game guide i have about HL2 and concept ideas.

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Going to deny this before it goes south. This decision was made by the admin team as whole. Locked and moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal