Author Topic: Titan of the Dinosaurs, Elions's PK Appeal for Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson, Eli 'Stalker'  (Read 20013 times)

My Steam name: Titan of the Dinosaurs, Elions
My Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15659747 STEAM_0:1:10748774

My character's name: Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson, Eli 'Stalker'

The admin who issued the PK: Do not currently know, Various SA's

The reason my character should be unbanned/unpermakilled:
I went there under an OOC misconception/lie that Kronos and I were going to form/reform an/the Alliance to try to expand the playerbase and help new groups form(Jonco confirmed that such an agreement existed with Kronos). This was done in a steam chat between me and Kronos because it was some what breaking character/s for the good of the server. When I arrived at the second town I found Matthew's surrogate daughter is/was being hurt by a vortigaunt, normally I would have left then and there but instead I broke character again for the sake of forming this OOC alliance/the server. When we got in we got so far and I had to go for a bit, when I come back they sprang the ambush and in the firefight both Matthew And Eli were killed.
After it they took our OOC items and said that we were going to be NLR'd. While dropping my extra .357 ammo for Keiji to grab I mis-clicked on one of the boxes and it autoloaded, I was unaware what button I had hit when this happened so I clicked what I thought was the other button and it autoloaded that set of ammo.
After I get off Kronos messages me attempting to black mail me in to giving him my jeep( http://i.imgur.com/Iqqetvu.png?1 ) Rofl confirmed that this was in deed black mail ( http://i.imgur.com/Ere63Lo.png?1 ) after I told him he would only get it with Kronics auth he ended up getting it anyway.

After this I decided to look for the reason behind the ambush, Kronos was AFK/refusing to talk to me so I talked to his other party members.
( http://i.imgur.com/ZDsgqAD.jpg?1 ) After I gathered these I started to ask Jonco/sexy what all they knew about the ambush, turns out they knew nothing other than Sexy knowing that reason, however Kronos had ordered them to do it.

I think because of me breaking character for the sake of Outlands and the player community/trying to help I should be unPK'd.
(If the pictures don't work I'll need to fix them so expect an edit.)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You were ambushed and he offered you options, i am part of kronos group, an advisor and you have been a target for quite some time, i knpw its hard to let go but you srsly need too

You were ambushed and he offered you options, i am part of kronos group, an advisor and you have been a target for quite some time, i knpw its hard to let go but you srsly need too
You weren't part of the ambush, please stay out of it. And I'm not "Letting go" because of the reasons I stated which are perfectly legitment and has proof to back them up. Kronos didn't "Offer" me anything Jonco was the one that decided I was going to get NLR'd.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The first possibly good thing to happen to outlands in a long time and its ruined by some thugs? This is unacceptable. I want answers.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I was part of the ambush. You were not given false OOC promises, you asked "Oh, so we're just going to the factory to look at a map?" OOCly and we told you "Yes, we're going to the factory" without telling you our actual intent to prevent you from using meta to get out of it. When you got there, you continued through with the RP and you allowed us to give you options. As for the "blackmail", that was not blackmail. I had talked to Kronos at the same time and he told you that with the intent of letting you know that we had the OPTION of PKing you because we were the ones who killed you. Either way, the vehicle is in the possession of our group despite the fact. This whole appeal is completely redundant and you're simply afraid of change and afraid of losing your character.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So wait. This was planned OOCly? If it was planned OOCly, that means its a scripted RP. You're supposed to follow through with a scripted RP if you want to do that. Otherwise, its just a huge thing of metagame and he said she said.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So wait. This was planned OOCly? If it was planned OOCly, that means its a scripted RP. You're supposed to follow through with a scripted RP if you want to do that. Otherwise, its just a huge thing of metagame and he said she said.

This was planned ICly as part of our group.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards

This was planned ICly as part of our group.

I believe what Statua means is that you did something OOC (Mainly telling him that this was about a completely different matter and that it was all organized to be /solely/ on that matter) to then change the actions completely IC.

Wasn't scripted RP. I had no OOC idea that it was going to happen.
Yes, indeed I was given a false OOC promise for this alliance that we agreed to, He said we'd meet and that was the reason why I went with you. I was lead to believe that this was going to be the start of the Alliance, instead I got a bullet to the head.
And I'm fairly sure if you'd had a character for one and a half too two years you'd fight for him the best you could.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Read over the logs and the rp was perfectly legit, characters die - or at least they are meant to die. Get over it and move on because everything was roleplayed fairly here. Because they were major characters changes nothing.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So let me get this straight.

Kronos and Jugger talked in steam chat and agreed in steam chat to form an alliance. Jugger and Elions went ICly to the location (metagame unless scripted RP was planned) and Kronos basically said "no I lied" and killed both Elions and Juggernaut?

I feel like I'm missing something from Kronos' side. Someone get him to post here.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Seeing as there isn't a rule against posting in PK appeals that you're not involved in, I'm going to give my insight after talking this over with Statua:

First and foremost, people shouldn't be arranging meetings/IC situations OOCly, unless they are specific, server-wide events that are admin-sanctioned. As far as I am concerned, and I'm willing to bet as others are concerned, that in itself is metagame. So any consequences from that metagame is duly deserved. You said yourself that you broke character. When you do that, you submit yourself to the consequences of your actions. It is only not metagame if it was scripted roleplay, and even then, it is my opinion that OOC intervention to create IC roleplay should never be condoned. As Dallas has said, and I assume is true, the roleplay was legitimate. Lastly, whether or not you were blackmailed by Kronos has no effect on this situation. It's rather unrelated, actually. It does show a possible ulterior motive from Kronos, but ultimately the death of your character and loss of your items was your fault for metagaming and breaking character, which you admit to. Thus, I suggest that this be denied.

Hope my input's been helpful,
Ricky
Live free or die

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
While i know i'm biased, i believe i have more than enough reason to call the Roleplay ilegitimate at points due to the OOC nature of trying to "script" part of it to a extent to then allow this event to happen. There's also the fact that if these actions took to the detriment of the person who was, in all points of view honestly, fooled into it then it's a RP that has some SERIOUS questionable reasons against it, meaning that the only honest and logic course of action is the invalidation of it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm on phone so sorry if sentences are derped.

The definition of metagame is using information that you got OOCy, in IC role play. From what I am understanding juggernaut went with Kronos because he thought that the alliance was going to be made again, meaning HE metagamed because he role played a certain way from getting OOC info.

On phone so can't type much, Pls wait till I get back so I can edit/fix post yes

Edit:

At home.

Read back over it, and Kronos did blackmail him (But he should have gotten the car anyways).

""Oh, so we're just going to the factory to look at a map?" OOCly and we told you "Yes, we're going to the factory""

I don't see a problem with that. Jugger asked a question, and they answered it. Nothing wrong with that. If it was scripted RP then everything that was going to happen would have been discussed with everyone involved over steam or whatever, which this was not seeing how the IC'ly lead him to the factory and ambushed him.

Even though there were some MINOR bumps in the road, I think this PK was legitimate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:25:39 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Because Kronos hasn't posted, what he said LOOKED like blackmail but he didn't mean it in that way, which is unfortunate, but he meant it in a way which was basically "be thankful you didn't get a PK" but now he has so whatever - at least wait for Kronos to post his side to this.

Overall I don't think either char should be unbanned, it was all IC roleplay

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal