Author Topic: Make taking consumable items during or after killing/mugging bannable  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
When people know they're going to die, just to be spiteful, they often eat up all their ammo or useables. I think this is unfair as it makes admins have to go through multiple procedures just to retrieve the ammunition the players should already have had. I know multiple players going through this right now and it really isn't fair.

Discuss.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Make taking consumable items during or after killing/mugging bannable
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:42:24 AM »
well duh im pretty sure if you caught somebody doing this they'd be banned for taking advantage of the script under exploitation

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 07:46:59 AM »
well duh im pretty sure if you caught somebody doing this they'd be banned for taking advantage of the script under exploitation

My thoughts exactly. This HAS happened recently too, surprised nothing was done about it.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:23 AM »
To consume an inventory item in such a situation, it must be roleplayed with /me"s. In case it's not, don't be afraid to request / issue a ban.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
To consume an inventory item in such a situation, it must be roleplayed with /me"s. In case it's not, don't be afraid to request / issue a ban.

* YankeeSamurai gasps his last dying breath and quickly pops all 3 of his paracetamols, 2 whiskeys, 2 bandages, and 6 watermelons.
* YankeeSamurai gives Khub the middle finger and says, "You'll never take me... alive..."

HA HA I DID A /ME I ROLEPLAYED IT

So what if they make some token /me quickly loads all his remaining bullets into his gun and then croaks over

It makes zero sense ICly, it's failRP
o7

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »

* YankeeSamurai gasps his last dying breath and quickly pops all 3 of his paracetamols, 2 whiskeys, 2 bandages, and 6 watermelons.
* YankeeSamurai gives Khub the middle finger and says, "You'll never take me... alive..."

HA HA I DID A /ME I ROLEPLAYED IT

So what if they make some token /me quickly loads all his remaining bullets into his gun and then croaks over

It makes zero sense ICly, it's failRP

Watch Cops. People do it all the time in real life. I.E., you have pills on you, as you're running away they quickly swallow them. I don't see how that wouldn't make sense. As long as you're not being an asshat and doing stupid shit like you mentioned there, then it's not really failRP.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 01:53:21 AM »
What he means is, if you get shot in the chest, you can't dispose of your ammo, guns, food, medical supplies, etc after you've been shot.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:18 AM »
Watch Cops. People do it all the time in real life. I.E., you have pills on you, as you're running away they quickly swallow them. I don't see how that wouldn't make sense. As long as you're not being an asshat and doing stupid shit like you mentioned there, then it's not really failRP.

it's more like i have you pinned on the wall with a knife to you and i'm telling you to drop everything you have and after you dont reply for 20 seconds you just hear the "brzrt" noise about 15 times and you only drop a flashlight

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 05:33:03 AM »
I think we understood each other. If it has IC sense to consume all of the items, and if it was roleplayed correctly (see Yankee's post for an incorrect example), then it is okay. If it has no IC sense to consume all of the items, or if it was not roleplayed correctly or not roleplayed at all, it's bannable.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 05:34:02 AM »
ok you have a hefty ban list ahead of you and should make this clear on the rules

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 05:42:34 AM »
ok you have a hefty ban list ahead of you and should make this clear on the rules

24. Consuming inventory items without valid IC reasoning and roleplay is considered FailRP and therefore bannable.
-   You're not allowed to manipulate your inventory items without valid IC reason to do so, especially without the action(s) being properly roleplayed with /me's.
-   An example of breaking this rule would be eating/using/dropping valuable inventory items while being held at a gunpoint or in a similar situation, just to prevent the other player(s) from looting those items.
Ammended 2013-03-10 by Khub, goes into effect immediatelly. I thought it's common sense, obviously it's not.

Done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal