Author Topic: Citizen/ResistanceRP  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizen/ResistanceRP
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
I mugged a unit and you could tell how bias some admins were being against my character and metagamed a fair bit to try and get me captured. While I lead S2 I have been running a 'low tier' criminal faction to essentially harass some of the CCA and if I didn't have crossing responsibilities with leading s2 I could easily make it into a bigger organisation, it's not hard guys, you just need initiative and to actually plan things.
I assisted raged once and we had a recruit who logged on an hour later 'guessing' what exactly happened because they didnt respond to him on radio

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »
Gonna make this short as I don't really have a whole lot of time to make this post. Yes, I can agree that I did make mistakes, and that resistance people in general make them as well. I can also say I did a poor job at reporting metagaming when I caught it. But, sadly, most of the time I didn't catch it. I obviously wasn't in the Nexus 24/7 looking for reports on my group that weren't legit. I also wasn't always running outside our locked down area (the bar in P3), looking for lolloyalists listening through the walls somehow. I was busy trying to roleplay and develop my character.

As for suggesting resistance related events: Okay, I guess I can do that. But why can't you guys come up with some as well? You come up with events for CCA/loyalists. Why not for the resistance? If the administration is relying on the players to figure out ways to help the resistance, a faction that should be a major player in the HL2 universe, then there's a problem. The majority of the admin team should not be focused on the CCA/loyalists, and based off responses and what I've seen, most of them are. If the admin team can't figure out some ways to support other areas of roleplay aside from the Union, then there's a huge problem there.

As for taking the initiative. Well, I tried that once upon a time. Where'd that end up? I died, and so did my group. Tried it again with a different character. He died too. It doesn't really end up well when you're running around without any real power backing you. Sure, you can 'mug a cp an get some gear yay!!!'. But, the usual response to the idea of mugging a unit is something along the lines of "failRP, minge, lolwebul, powergame, mugger needs to p2l because CCA is elite and trained and awesome. The list gets more in depth than that. But the reason, like I've said so many times, that no one takes initiative is because it usually doesn't work out all too well, especially in the City.

Look, I know that a huge part of getting the resistance going does take a major contribution from the playerbase. I know that we should be the one's making the groups, running them, and formulating some ideas. But simply saying that we need to do it all on our own, then going to the administration and playing kissup or go through the auth-app process for anything that would do anything worth while is stupid. Get involved, you're admins to help facilitate the server. That means enforcing rules and helping people out with roleplay. Your title doesn't say "UnionRP manager and rule enforcer". You apply to the whole server, and I'd really appreciate if you guys made some effort as well to create some ideas instead of leaving it entirely to player ideas.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »
Sure, you can 'mug a cp an get some gear yay!!!'. But, the usual response to the idea of mugging a unit is something along the lines of "failRP, minge, lolwebul, powergame, mugger needs to p2l because CCA is elite and trained and awesome. The list gets more in depth than that. But the reason, like I've said so many times, that no one takes initiative is because it usually doesn't work out all too well, especially in the City.

How come it worked for me three times in a row then?

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 04:51:48 AM »
Sure, you can 'mug a cp an get some gear yay!!!'. But, the usual response to the idea of mugging a unit is something along the lines of "failRP, minge, lolwebul, powergame, mugger needs to p2l because CCA is elite and trained and awesome. The list gets more in depth than that. But the reason, like I've said so many times, that no one takes initiative is because it usually doesn't work out all too well, especially in the City.

How come it worked for me three times in a row then?
If you have someone who has an actual plan and isn't just whipping a knife out in p1, it's not a bad idea

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 07:17:39 AM »
If you have someone who has an actual plan and isn't just whipping a knife out in p1, it's not a bad idea

I used wire from a fence outside UCH apartments.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 09:40:54 AM »

I used wire from a fence outside UCH apartments.
yes i am not denying ur skils

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal