Author Topic: How do you get weapons in HL2rp?  (Read 12324 times)

Offline [ACS Cpl.] Midnightspy007

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How do you get weapons in HL2rp?
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
Please help I want to fight combine!! ( This is just a question for future purposes I understand the rules/concepts of HL2rp)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:03:27 AM by Steinerfire »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: How do you get weapons in HL2rp?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
 It's not all about getting your hands on weaponry just because you want to fight your opponents, it's to develop your character and make it interesting. Back on topic; you can obtain weaponry by putting your time into it. It might take some time to get a weapon and ammunition as it is scarce depending on which server you are on.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
It's not all about getting your hands on weaponry just because you want to fight your opponents, it's to develop your character and make it interesting. Back on topic; you can obtain weaponry by putting your time into it. It might take some time to get a weapon and ammunition as it is scarce depending on which server you are on.
I know it's not all about weaponry but, do you find weapons and ammo on the ground?

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
It depends where, and what server your own. There are two main HL2RP servers the city where resistance is low, and guns are a lot of the time owned by the Civil Protection units. The most you could probably get in the city is a knife. However in the Out-lands there is a more common trade of guns going among the citizens since the CCA isn't over looking them constantly checking for contraband. You can normally buy/trade/sell guns from other players on the out lands for your own items. Though it will cost a lot of your items guns, and ammo don't come cheap! If you do go to the out lands though beware instead of Civil Protection the OTA (OverWatch Trans-human Arm) do patrols, and check the place out every now and then. If they find you with a gun don't expect them to be exactly nice about it. So basically guns are rare to find, and get. Your best bet is going to out-lands to see if you can trade one off.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:57:08 PM »
Please keep in mind that both our servers are serious Roleplay servers. On the city, you dont need a gun, or any weapon for that matter, except for certain circumstances which you will rarely come across. On the outlands, the nature of the environment is hazardous so the need for a weapon to defend yourself is higher. You can usually find weapons through trading, however on rare occasions, you might find some on the ground.

All in all though, I'd focus a lot  more on character building then obtaining weapons. Also, if you want to fight the combine, dont be surprised if you get killed, unless you have an army to back you up.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »
you can mug cp like me

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:01:51 AM »
you can mug cp like me

This is not suggested.  At all.  Without admin authorizations, you won't get a weapon out of it even if it is done successfully.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:46 AM »
Please keep in mind that both our servers are serious Roleplay servers. On the city, you dont need a gun, or any weapon for that matter, except for certain circumstances which you will rarely come across. On the outlands, the nature of the environment is hazardous so the need for a weapon to defend yourself is higher. You can usually find weapons through trading, however on rare occasions, you might find some on the ground.

All in all though, I'd focus a lot  more on character building then obtaining weapons. Also, if you want to fight the combine, dont be surprised if you get killed, unless you have an army to back you up.
Why do people keep telling me how to Roleplay I took the questionnaire in the beginning, and I've played this before. It was just a question me and my friends wanted to know for future purposes.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »
If you understood roleplay then you wouldn't need to make a post where the only answer will be "You will gain weapons through roleplay", we can't tell you what roleplay gets you weapons because that's not how it works.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
Mug cp with your friends for cool kevlar :-)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 09:13:44 PM »

This isn't spam, Yak.

Also, to put things in perspective, the events of either server take place approximately 5 years before the arrival of Gordon Freeman and the resistance Uprising.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 04:20:51 AM »

This isn't spam, Yak.

Also, to put things in perspective, the events of either server take place approximately 5 years before the arrival of Gordon Freeman and the resistance Uprising.
yes thanks for stating the obvious

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »

This isn't spam, Yak.

Tell me what's wrong here - Yak's comment is totally serious and on topic. Why couldn't you mug a CCA unit for their equipment with your friends?

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »
So what's the deal here? Can you mug CP for their weapons or not without admin authorization?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »
So what's the deal here? Can you mug CP for their weapons or not without admin authorization?
You would need admin authorizations. Also, you have to ensure the CP you're mugging is of an appropriate rank, as in you actually have a chance at beating them. Check out our guides, they have all the answers you need.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal