Author Topic: Advertise HL2RP within CG servers  (Read 8482 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Advertise HL2RP within CG servers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
Yeah. The main problem is a saturation in the market. Our server looks just like any other in a long list of the "Clockwork HL2RP" servers

Personally I think a new serious RP built from the ground up with its own separate category name would be the best and possibly only option

Alas, so is the conclusion of many others before you.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »
Yeah. The main problem is a saturation in the market. Our server looks just like any other in a long list of the "Clockwork HL2RP" servers

Personally I think a new serious RP built from the ground up with its own separate category name would be the best and possibly only option

This made me so happy, I smiled. The only problem you have with that are the ones who want to keep HL2RP.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »

This made me so happy, I smiled. The only problem you have with that are the ones who want to keep HL2RP.

Half-Life 2 is an over-saturated scenario/setting for role-play, and whilst there is variation, it's still all the same. Servers that have really pulled people in are the fresh, game-based ones e.g. NVRP (Fallout New Vegas RP), Metro 2033 et cetera. Those are both settings in which the player faces strife as well as hardship, daily. They give growing space enough for character to become interesting and enjoyable.
 HL2RP actually has a class, with the role which is in essence — 'The Fun Police'. Combine rule is oppressive, there is no other side to that coin, it's an oppressive, authoritarian, police-state, hell; as such your characters will have limited bounds to expand within their master's clutch (there are interesting characters, don't get me wrong), as a less dedicated, casual player you cannot expand to a reasonable amount.

The main problem with the idea of change, is that you have the fanatical — almost militant — conservatives of the HL2RP server; these people have invested great amounts of time into the personality of characters, the traits as well as their stories. So naturally as such, they're reluctant to let go, I believe Toxic even said something along the lines of: "But my characters story will end in a none, experienced way." The idea of letting go to something they've grown attached to, or depend on is quite daunting if given thought.
So the only ways in which a change of setting would occur is if:
Their characters' story ends in an event or a long enough timeline — the population, or lack of doesn't allow this to happen;
 There is a forced change, in which they have no say — this will stem discontent, even hatred towards the new setting, as well as the possibility of deterring your most dedicated players;
 Or that the people come to a conclusion on their own accord — this (from my view on things), will not happen any time soon.

Or something like that
have a nice day :)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 12:30:28 AM »
I used to be an avid HL2RPer, and hated the idea of having a different seriousRP type. But, after doing it for awhile, it's just gotten old. I just think that we need something new in the realm of serious roleplay.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal