Author Topic: We need more admins D:  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Legendary Super Walrus 3

• Anti-Brony
    • View Profile
    • Awards
We need more admins D:
« on: March 02, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »
Whenever playing on a HRP server I notice something,I think everyone picks up on it. The lack of enforcement. Quite sadly,what you will generally see is children constantly talking into their microphone desperately trying to prop kill someone. I wish the owners/admins would get on the servers some time and look for people who enforce the rules and like to play by them.

Of course... There are problems that come along with this...

The owners obviously have busy lives,who doesn't? I always hate to see an admin complaining about how hard his job is... It seems really fun to me. I used to be an op on a minecraft server. Sadly I never got to ban anyone because the server was nice and tame. This is the besides the point,they say the more the merrier.

So why not more admins? I've seen plenty of trust worthy players on all the time. Sadly there are 10x more minges than pleasant people.
Have you ever gotten the feeling that whenever you're on and the admins are gone the minges come out? This is more than likely true. Minges are getting dumber of course,but they know when to start griefing. If we had more admins for different time zones the server could be constantly moderated and administrated. Here's the problems;                      (Red = Highest Importance Yellow= Medium Importance Green= Lowest importance (My opinion) )

People would start acting tame and nice,only to !ban *

Even mods would be great,but of course... bind P "say !kick *"

This would require 10x more effort from devs and owners. Lord knows they already have enough time being eaten.

Noclip abuse,so many times have I seen someone noclip into someones house when angry. This can happen to anyone which is the problem. Easily fixed with a demote and a refund,however.

So there's my rant! I hope I've entertained anyone and maybe even helped. Which I doubt.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:53:38 AM by ??©?´?????±C??É´?´??´?s?´??´??? »

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We need more admins D:
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:49:59 AM »
They're incredibly hard to find because the majority of HRP players are the exact reason we need so many.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

• Anti-Brony
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:39 AM »
Very true sir. Earth needs to invent something that scans your retinas through a webcam to reveal thoughts and emotions. Then we would have perfect admins.  ;D

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
The problem isn't the amount of admins just how active the admins are... Also you shouldn't give everyone admin because there are always people who will abuse the function and you've got an even bigger problem then.

• Anti-Brony
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:58:43 AM »
The problem isn't the amount of admins just how active the admins are... Also you shouldn't give everyone admin because there are always people who will abuse the function and you've got an even bigger problem then.

More admins means more activeness,I see what you're getting at though.
I didn't say to give everyone admin,but there are tons of people who would make great admins and play by the rules. Even some of the children have been helpful and played by the rules.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »

So, the few admins there are should dedicate all their free time to administrate HRP? It's not easy to administrate HRP with the small team of admins it has right now, and one of the main reasons I resigned wsa that it was getting to hectic for me, along with a good amount of RL issues. There does need to be more admins, but, like Rofl said, it's not easy to find good admins from the playerbase.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hardcore

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
In most cases its really just about using the "Ban Request" system as a player. I mean in most cases those people who try to ruin it for everybody else will do something so obvious that you can record 10 - 20 seconds and have them banned very shortly after. I myself have been using the Ban Requesting when I felt that a player crossed the line and I have found it very useful so far.

Offline Hardcore

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
In most cases its really just about using the "Ban Request" system as a player. I mean in most cases those people who try to ruin it for everybody else will do something so obvious that you can record 10 - 20 seconds and have them banned very shortly after. I myself have been using the Ban Requesting when I felt that a player crossed the line and I have found it very useful so far.

We have the ban request system for this reason; so players who enjoy the game and respect the rules can help keep the servers free of rule breakers. All you have to do is take screenshots and videos. Often times, this makes up for the fact that our admins can't always be on to catch everything. It's why we have the ban request system after all.

Yeah exactly, thats what I was trying to point out.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
Though admins cannot be on all the time and see everything that happens when they are on, we can all do as much as we can by recording and posting ban requests. I am sure that the staff are always looking out for good admins but in the mean-time all we can do is try our best to help them by reporting players.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:38:04 PM »
Sorry, but I'm locking this. There are too many threads about lack of admins and suggestions to get more such as applications and stuff and in every thread we say the same things, "It's hard to find them" and "Our current admins have lives too." We've had many discussions about it and it always ends the same; we're going to keep our current system and try to get HRP administrated as much as we can, and if all of you who say you actually want to change it aren't lying, stop asking for recommendations and play good. Not directed at the OP, just most of HRP in general considering so many apparently want to make a change in the server and keep begging admins for recs. Hope you don't get the wrong impression on me by seeing me come in here and just lock this but like I said, there's just too many threads that lead to the same point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal