Author Topic: Museums yo  (Read 3760 times)

Offline ?µ??µ??µ?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Museums yo
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
We should totally get like, a super cool building which is sort of a museum. It'll have a bunch of cool stuff about how the Union came to be like showing off 'legendary CAs or the first ration ever produced or the first loyalist or something, though make it more interactive so regular citizens in C17 could get their name in the museum or something. (idk you guys will probably think of something cool to put in there later)

1: "Bro I just got into the museum as 'the first ever guy to get 65 loyalist points'.
2: "That's rad bro I wish I could do that."

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Museums yo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:16 PM »
I feel like a museum would be totally out of place in this current map. The only IC reason I see it being placed there would be because a Consul did some huge conversation with a leading unit and got it through. It would require lots of RP to put in or maybe you could just improvise and make it in another building? The Combine isn't really here on earth to keep the public happy and show them their achievements.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
As current Consul, I'd like to say that I do support this idea and I may be taking it up with my Directors (especially BB) and see if we could possibly make an event out of it. Some kind of convention and what have you.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
We should totally get like, a super cool building which is sort of a museum. It'll have a bunch of cool stuff about how the Union came to be like showing off 'legendary CAs or the first ration ever produced or the first loyalist or something, though make it more interactive so regular citizens in C17 could get their name in the museum or something. (idk you guys will probably think of something cool to put in there later)

1: "Bro I just got into the museum as 'the first ever guy to get 65 loyalist points'.
2: "That's rad bro I wish I could do that."

This sounds more like a hall of fame then a museum, but I like the idea of a "Loyalist Hall of Fame", could be a great way to brag to other loyalists

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
I guess a hall of fame would work. A name with all of the Loyalists that reached 40+ or 60+ or whatever points.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
Having a whole building or even a room dedicated to this seems like a fucking waste

Don't kid yourselves, nobody gives much more than two shits about how some random nolife got 200 loyalist points

And even if they are curious, it's not like it's a good enough idea for people to continuously return to and utilize the "museum" for roleplay
o7

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »
Having a whole building or even a room dedicated to this seems like a fucking waste

Don't kid yourselves, nobody gives much more than two shits about how some random nolife got 200 loyalist points

And even if they are curious, it's not like it's a good enough idea for people to continuously return to and utilize the "museum" for roleplay

Sadly, this.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

I was more thinking of a wall in the CWU/loyal place or just a thread or something, for a hall of fame anyway

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
The closet thing I can imagine to being a museum is a Consul with a reserved room to hold his collection of paintings or something.

This idea just seems like a purely aesthetic feature and would probably cause a massive increase in point hoarding to get your name on a sheet of paper. Doesn't seem worth it.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Vinneh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 03:22:51 AM »
I like this idea

10% warning issued for necroposting with an unconstructive post a second time.  Do this one more time and a forum ban will be issued.  ~Hazard
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:26:29 AM by Hazard Time »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal