Author Topic: 270's authorization app.  (Read 13875 times)

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 270's authorization app.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »
We don't give bionic limbs and haven't for a long time. Standard augmentation surgery results in full organ removal with the exception of the brain and eyes. Challenge claims 270 has 25% bionic limbs, meaning about 25% of each limb would be augmented. Its pretty obvious Challenge somehow received non standard augments under someone's authorization that wasn't my own. If Challenge doesn't have organ replacement, then 270 isn't even augmented in the sense every other augmented unit is augmented, which also goes against policy because its a rare exception that OfC+ units aren't augmented.

Challenge clearly references their augments in their auth app, so they must have received unauthorized, special augments at some point as an enlisted unit, or something really shady is going on.

Also, you say my example of a Rainbow Dash character is totally off canon and unrealistic. What's also "totally off canon and unrealistic" is allowing an augmented unit to survive and function without stasis.

I've already said twice I don't mind letting 270 go to the outlands and RP as long as its with no weapons and the character is killed of or gone from the outlands in some way within 10 OOC days. That's the only condition I'll agree to support this auth app under.
One: The whole no weapons idea is stupid as crap.
Two: the whole 25% augmented thing was due to a language barrier, and last I check replacing the organs weren't standard augs for a unit.

The Rainbow dash thing has no point to it because there's no way its canon and its a total logic bomb.
This whole argument that "Oh shes aug so 10 days or death" is stupid, yeah she can sleep and do all that, but this whole Stasis or death thing is fairly retarded to begin with.

The whole no weapons thing was originally brought up by Challenge. He's the one who said they weren't bringing weapons.
Replacing organs has been the standard augmentation procedure since I was a NOVA OfC. I quoted the augmentation procedure from the training guide that has remained unaltered since Jonco was the DvL of NOVA and I was the OfC. During the time 270 should have received their augments, I was the NOVA OfC doing everyone's augments and I never did or authorized any special augments for 270.

A unit that's augmented in the standard way needs stasis to remain active for long periods of time. Not factoring stasis is just as off canon as a Rainbow Dash character. Both are completely illogical.

10 OOC days is all I will agree to if I'm to support this authorization application. Until Challenge himself posts saying he agrees to that, I won't support it. This auth app requires 2 out of 3 super admins to get accepted or denied. I'm going to ask Jonco to rule on this since Khub and I have both voiced our opinions.

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 12:38:05 PM »
We don't give bionic limbs and haven't for a long time. Standard augmentation surgery results in full organ removal with the exception of the brain and eyes. Challenge claims 270 has 25% bionic limbs, meaning about 25% of each limb would be augmented. Its pretty obvious Challenge somehow received non standard augments under someone's authorization that wasn't my own. If Challenge doesn't have organ replacement, then 270 isn't even augmented in the sense every other augmented unit is augmented, which also goes against policy because its a rare exception that OfC+ units aren't augmented.

Challenge clearly references their augments in their auth app, so they must have received unauthorized, special augments at some point as an enlisted unit, or something really shady is going on.

Also, you say my example of a Rainbow Dash character is totally off canon and unrealistic. What's also "totally off canon and unrealistic" is allowing an augmented unit to survive and function without stasis.

I've already said twice I don't mind letting 270 go to the outlands and RP as long as its with no weapons and the character is killed of or gone from the outlands in some way within 10 OOC days. That's the only condition I'll agree to support this auth app under.
One: The whole no weapons idea is stupid as crap.
Two: the whole 25% augmented thing was due to a language barrier, and last I check replacing the organs weren't standard augs for a unit.

The Rainbow dash thing has no point to it because there's no way its canon and its a total logic bomb.
This whole argument that "Oh shes aug so 10 days or death" is stupid, yeah she can sleep and do all that, but this whole Stasis or death thing is fairly retarded to begin with.

The whole no weapons thing was originally brought up by Challenge. He's the one who said they weren't bringing weapons.
Replacing organs has been the standard augmentation procedure since I was a NOVA OfC. I quoted the augmentation procedure from the training guide that has remained unaltered since Jonco was the DvL of NOVA and I was the OfC. During the time 270 should have received their augments, I was the NOVA OfC doing everyone's augments and I never did or authorized any special augments for 270.

A unit that's augmented in the standard way needs stasis to remain active for long periods of time. Not factoring stasis is just as off canon as a Rainbow Dash character. Both are completely illogical.

10 OOC days is all I will agree to if I'm to support this authorization application. Until Challenge himself posts saying he agrees to that, I won't support it. This auth app requires 2 out of 3 super admins to get accepted or denied. I'm going to ask Jonco to rule on this since Khub and I have both voiced our opinions.
Seeing how 90% of the augments are Illogical to start with...
I don't get whats the point behind this whole 10 OOC days thing, it just seems stupid to deny roleplay for something as SMALL as that.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
denied

We do not need any units in the Outlands. As a Commander, your augments were updated. Even if it wasn't RP'd. Thus, adding a killswitch to your heart. NOVA stopped doing augment surgery for a period of time, so they would just be added during stasis.

Outlands is an escape for CITIZENS not Units. If you don't like City Roleplay as a unit, then that's too bad.

locked and moved

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal