Author Topic: Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson Authorisation Application  (Read 7272 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson Authorisation Application
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »
Even though I can't control what goes into the backstory of an application, I don't want anything to do with the secret room or the circumstances around the discovery of it.

Third Eye traditionally starts off low-tech in each new area (hence the destruction of the resources/assets that were contained in the Asylum - in this case, all of the electronic equipment and anything too heavy to travel with) and it would spoil it for Third Eye if we suddenly had access to all of this technology when we haven't truly earned it in this region.

no wrecky tradition pls

Am I the only one wondering how legit it really is that Onyx (who let's be fair isn't exactly a character with a 6 paragraph back story as it is) comes in with some guns during the event and then you apply for them and get to keep them, even if it says no applying for weapons in the sticky?

Onyx is Daniel Slater. The only reason I have two characters for the same person is because I can't have a vest item which applies the custom model onto the citizen character. The custom model exists for group image projection purposes of a symbolic nature, not a way to raise my own OOC reputation as "the guy with the goggles". If the item existed and I was able to switch in and out of it then I wouldn't need the character named Onyx.

As for the backstory:  http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=14444.msg106042#msg106042

Plenty of dropbox backups to show a timeline of the activities that contributed towards the event:

Here is some other old material from the group-accessible dropbox that led up to the uprising:
Spoiler for Hiden:

In the end, the mass of weapons in City Forty Five that were handed out were just a physical extension of the mini-events that led up to the uprising. In addition to this, it was also stated IClly at the start when they were handed out that they were in sub-par condition and weren't going to be of much use long term so it wasn't like they were 'fresh out of the factory' M249 machine guns.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:19:04 AM by OzJackal »

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
Understood, in this you don't have any involvement in the discovery and I was only thinking about trying to include you through IC events after this should it be accepted. Knowing your opinion that would be scrapped and my idea would just be opened up a bit to running the area as a resistance base with standard recruitment protocol.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »
I'm really agaisnt anybody using the hidden resistance base at all for the minute, whether the small section behind the blast doors (which you'd need a way around) or the actual resistance part.

The weapon i'm still iffy and anybody bringing anybody to the new city yet for the first week or so, but thats for SA's and kronic to decide.
what

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:27 AM »
Uh BLT, i think you might be confused about what area im on about. Im on about the sewers resistance base, the one with the teleporter (Which will be voided)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »
The part where you use the vending machine to enter and the part before that, correct?
what

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »
Yes but the first part is just  corrugated metal doors. As far as I know, that area isn't restricted. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see that area as restricted.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
Oh, the huge metal doors looked more like blast doors to me really, hide from sewer drainage and suchlike. Whats the benifits of having a group hide down there in that section?

Also, your application doesn't explain what you've done when you got to c17 - perhaps a small paragraph explaining what you and other members did and set up etc might provide more clairty to everyone.
what

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
I'm just going to post now that after mulling this over I've decided not to support this application on the following auths.

The knowledge of the C17 Resistance base and its access codes
The ability to use the C17 Resistance Base

Also the guns will have to be taken up with Kronic.

Also, another point, you say he gets to the station with a duffel bag and the unit DOESN'T search the bag in his search, I doubt this would happen.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 12:40:27 PM »

Also, your application doesn't explain what you've done when you got to c17 - perhaps a small paragraph explaining what you and other members did and set up etc might provide more clairty to everyone.

I didnt add this in as I dont want to put in RP that hasnt happened. However what I would do is keep to standard citizen rp for a bit. Try to get my bearings. Then using the notes I would spend a large amount of time searching for this place which would take a while as the notes are vague.

Also, another point, you say he gets to the station with a duffel bag and the unit DOESN'T search the bag in his search, I doubt this would happen.

I didnt take the duffle bag with me. I threw it to some of the other fighters then went inside with nothing contraband on me. I did put that in the end.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
Regarding the initial comment about the secret base being used by S2 when alex led, that rebel base wasn't even designed into the map while alex was here and wasn't released until beta 3, which wasn't released until a week after alex left. Its likely alex was talking about the former credits room, which has a secret entrance behind a poster in the basement of one of the apartment buildings. As for S2 using it, that's for another time.

Regarding this application, I'm going to have to say it would be pretty hard to get a gun smuggled into the city. I just skimmed over the application because I'm short on time right now, so excuse me if I'm wrong or missed something to disprove my point, but basically, the only way to get a gun in the city ICly would be to have made it out of C45 alive somehow, and then found an alternate transport to C17 from where ever that person escaped to from C45. Once making it to C17, they'd have to get in undetected at first, due to the fact that they'd ICly be searched by units if they just came in on a train or any other Combine monitored way of entering the city.

Regarding the guns though, you'll have to talk to Kronic since he's handling who does and doesn't get weapons in the city from the event.

Also, I don't really want anyone having access to that base just yet. Its too soon for every faction to be trying to stake claims.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »
Going by your comments I will say now this authorisation no longer includes weapons. This is now purely for the use of the base.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 03:50:13 AM »
Going by your comments I will say now this authorisation no longer includes weapons. This is now purely for the use of the base.

Anyone with exceptionary authorization to use the resistance base in the severs would claim it to own it permanently, and that'd cause drama as seen in this application thread's posts.
It was decided that the base will be available for public use for anyone who can get in, so feel free to use it.

No authorizations were given, therefore this is denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal