Author Topic: Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson Authorisation Application  (Read 7271 times)

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson Authorisation Application
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Mmmaaattt94
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Many many years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: As long as I have done RP

Character Section

Authorization(s): The ability to have escaped to City 17
The knowledge of the C17 Resistance base and its access codes
The ability to use the C17 Resistance Base
Being allowed to keep the C45 weapons that would ICly be weapons found in the C17 base.

Name: Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

The Printworks
The Printworks of C45 was authorised a while ago. The contacts and resistance side of the Printworks was authorised
A week before the events of City 45, Gamma was still just the Printworks manager, he ran a small resistance Printworks that aimed to help people survive in the world in which they now lived. He would hire citizens, pay and feed them and distribute the books free to help his fellow man. But behind the scenes, he knew all was not right. In the back he had a large radio array that he used to keep in contact with various other resistance groups. He had always kept good contact with the other sectors of City 45 and a few other cities but he had started to lose contact. At first he thought it was just the odd one or two sweeps finding the other groups but alas it was not. In the final week of City 45, other sector outposts all shut off one by one leaving just Gamma's sector and a couple of others. Fearing the worst he tried to get in contact with the Third Eye. He had no idea who was a member or even how to contact them but one day, by pure coincidence a man named Daniel Slater enter the Printworks. Trying to get the word out that he needed to speak with the Third Eye, he told Daniel of a few of the problems and the supplies that the Printworks need. At this time, the supplies weren't for an uprising, just to survive but that was going to change. A few hours after speaking to Daniel, Gamma was working in the Printworks when suddenly he hears the door being closed. He looks up and see's a figure by the door. The man was wearing dark, Onyx colour leather and appeared to be heavily armed. Gamma was fearful at first, backing up fearing an authority spy. However, as he examined the man, he  changed his view. After a few minutes of weary observation, Gamma spoke to the man. Realising he was like him, a freedom fighter he explained to the man the problems the city was facing and what Gamma needed. The man explained to him that the citizens will make a move first, he told him to listen out for a code-word. He also said that he would deliver some supplies to the Printworks. These supplies would be the tools of revolution and when the announcement goes out, gather the supporters at the works to get them ready to reclaim the city.

The Revolution
A couple of days after his encounter with the Onyx clothed man, Gamma was preparing the Printworks. He had received no delivery but was readying the place anyhow. He used the ink from the machines to make paint bombs and he had stripped most of his computer network. Yet he kept one radio network on. Having heard no more from any other Sector, he tried to make contact with other cities. Only one city replied offering help. A small outpost in City Seventeen said they had somewhere a few people could lay low in if they got to the city. Gamma spoke to them for quite some time as they explained various things about where the base was and how to access it. gamma took detailed notes of what he could but he stopped as he explained the final thing. The member of City 17 said the base would be deserted as the current inhabitants would be moving out to help a small outlands group in a pass to the north. They said they would be not returning to this base but to another area of the city if and when they return. Gamma replied acknowledging the message. Just as he was about to note this down though, he was disturbed by some movement behind him. He turned to see the Onyx coloured man once more though this time he had a few large packed dufflebags. He dumped them on the floor in front of him then without saying a word he left. Gamma moved to the bags, he looked in seeing a large amount of MP7's and a lot of ammunition. He smiled as he took one for himself. As he pulled the primer back there was a sudden alarm from the Embassy. A few moments after, the dispatch screeched into life. A voice was heard, a voice he recognised as being the Onyx coloured man's. He listened intently taking in every word. The dispatch ended with the code word he had been waiting for, Gamma smiled then moving to the Printworks activation button. He pressed it sending a large buzzer sound throughout P3. After just a few minutes, a crowd had formed at the Printworks. Gamma started to give a pep talk to the men. He explained what he knew and that they would make their move that day. Moments later, the Onyx coloured man entered once more, he turned to the crowd and began to speak. As he did he gave Gamma a nod. Knowing his signal, he went to the back taking the dufflebags and bringing them out the front. He lined up the 'troops' and handed out their weapons and ammunition. A few minutes later he went to the Onyx suited man. He spoke to him about the plan. After this, they spoke to the troops and got ready to move out.

The Embassy
The resistance readied by the Embassy exit, ready to take the Consul. Another suited man went to the roof overlooking the tunnel road, a few moments later some fire was heard. The Onyx man then called to move forward and with a passion the citizens moved forward out of the tunnel. They quickly moved out firing a barrage of rounds at the woefully outnumbered units at the embassy. Some of the citizens kept the units suppressed ensuring they moved back, the others like Gamma moved to the Embassy. As they forced their way inside a sound erupted from the nexus. The dispatch called out across the city with the words Gamma had never heard... "Autonomous Waiver is now in Effect!" Gamma gulped at the sound but quickly went back to the job at hand. As the embassy doors opened, he moved in, leading the pack of citizens. As they cleared through the building Gamma looked for the Consul, expectant of where he would be Gamma went with a few men to the Chambers. Once the door was open Gamma stormed in, he searched for anyone and behind the desk he found a quivering, pathetic Consul. He pulled him up as the people around him took his radio and anything of use from him. Gamma then looked the Consul in the eye and said "Consul, you have been deemed guilty by the Civil Alliance. Your punishment, death!" He then aimed at the Consuls head as he pleaded for mercy. Gamma looked at him for a moment, hesitating but as he closed his eyes, he remembered what this man represented and what he had done. He then opened his eyes as they widened with adrenaline. He then pulled the trigger realising a burst of three rounds into the head of the Consul. As the Consul fell Gamma smiled at the cheers from the men around him. He then quickly moved back to go and defend the Embassy

The Plaza
After the embassy, Gamma and the Onyx man called the resistance back to P3 and into the sewers where they intended to get into the Plaa through the old sewer network. As the men moved through the sewers, Gamma thought of what would happen. He realised the Union wouldn't let the city just get taken and sure enough at this moment, a dispatch was heard, even in the sewers. "The nexus core has been destabilized, thirty minutes to detonation!" The words made Gamma shudder as they echo'd around the sewers the the shop where the men were going through from the sewers. As Gamma exited he readied his gun once more trying to forget about the nexus. At the his call the resistance stormed from the shop into the Plaza. The units at the P3 hardpoint were shocked as the first bullets flew at them. They had little defence from the attack from behind and Gamma could heard their screams and biosignal lose alarms. Gamma kept firing no longer thinking about those he might be killing. As he looked around he noticed a few units running toward the CWU building. Gamma, fueled by adrenaline ran behind the plaza tower and to the shops at the end of the CWU road. He looked down seeing units running. He aimed his SMG firing some controlled bursts toward the units. He saw one of them fall as they ran but the other escaped. He saw the CWU door closing as he moved up but he noticed a trail of blood. He smiled as he went to open the CWU door. He looked around and saw a weapon on the floor and a unit trying to crawl up the stairs. He smiled yelling at the unit to stop. He fired a warning shot as he moved up to the unit. He looked down as the unit cried out for mercy but this only angered Gamma. He yelled at the unit "You want mercy! Like the mercy you showed citizens!" Moments later as the unit tried to plea more he spoke once more... "Unit, you are deemed guilty by the Civil Alliance. Your punishment, death!" Gamma offered the unit some final words and as it pleaded with him more, he fired a shot directly at the units head. As he did the nexus called out once more "All citizens and units. Get to the train station, the nexus will self destruct in twenty minutes!" Gamma sighed at this moment, he looked around the CWU HQ, he noticed an old CWU bag. He dropped what weapons he had and put them in the bag. He then went to run out toward the train station.  As he ran he noticed several citizens firing from the tower. He yelled to them as he threw the bag in their direction, they looked to the bag then taking it. They didn't notice what Gamma was doing as they took the ammo from the bag. Gamma then continued to run toward the train station. He scurried quickly inside, he went past a unit as he entered. The unit quickly patted him down looking for weapons alone. The unit found nothing but Gamma's notebook and UU supplies. The unit let him pass so Gamma run toward the train. As he arrived he observed the injured units, Gamma tried to hide his smile of pleasure at this moment. A few minutes later the citizens were herded onto the train with the units. As the last person get on the train pushed off. A few minutes later a unit called out the destination, City Seventeen. Gamma sighed with relief when suddenly a huge explosion was heard from the city. A bright light could be seen as the train moved further from the city. Gamma sighed once more in both relief and sadness for the men lost but he looked forward to the city where he could start once more.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Having a small hidden base that could be used as a safe zone
Having some City 17 resistance contacts that may help with some supplies (Rarely weaponry)

Defects
He may be recognised by any CA as a resistance fighter.
he must remain secluded and isolated from the main city.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Start up a small C17 Resistance once more that would involve suitable roleplayers.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No one else will require these auth's as anyone introduced to the base will be done so ICly.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson Authorisation Application
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
pretty sure the secret room (when alex led) was going to be used by s2 as a command outpost or third eye and aside from that i haven't heard any other discussion on it, if that's the resistance base you're talking about

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
pretty sure the secret room (when alex led) was going to be used by s2 as a command outpost or third eye and aside from that i haven't heard any other discussion on it, if that's the resistance base you're talking about

I think I heard something like this also. I'm not fond of giving this place away for any old people to use as it would generally cause elitism.

As for the weapons, you did RP well enough at the event and I personally think you're responsible to keep them depending on the following- what guns and how much ammo?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
For S2, I very much hope it is NOT used by them. It would take away a good location and wouldn't make sense. Maybe the smaller, basement room but not the actual resistance one. As for the Third Eye I was hoping to speak to Oz about involving him as this character had involvement with Daniel Slater who is now in the city and could be introduced to the area by this character. I would speak to Oz first but as for S2, I hope to hell it is not used by them, that would cause more problems. also, how would S2 have any clue its there when they just arrived.

For the elitism, that can happen without anyone who uses it. As I said, I would want to get the Third Eye involved so it would be not more elitist than the Third Eye room.

The weapons, I would only keep them if this was to be accepted as they would be left in the base by the previous inhabitants who this character had been speaking to. The weapon was just an SMG and a few boxes of ammo. Nothing much and it would rarely be used.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »
For S2, I very much hope it is NOT used by them. It would take away a good location and wouldn't make sense. Maybe the smaller, basement room but not the actual resistance one. As for the Third Eye I was hoping to speak to Oz about involving him as this character had involvement with Daniel Slater who is now in the city and could be introduced to the area by this character. I would speak to Oz first but as for S2, I hope to hell it is not used by them, that would cause more problems. also, how would S2 have any clue its there when they just arrived.

For the elitism, that can happen without anyone who uses it. As I said, I would want to get the Third Eye involved so it would be not more elitist than the Third Eye room.

The weapons, I would only keep them if this was to be accepted as they would be left in the base by the previous inhabitants who this character had been speaking to. The weapon was just an SMG and a few boxes of ammo. Nothing much and it would rarely be used.

Am I the only one wondering how legit it really is that Onyx (who let's be fair isn't exactly a character with a 6 paragraph back story as it is) comes in with some guns during the event and then you apply for them and get to keep them, even if it says no applying for weapons in the sticky?

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
Yeah, nobody is keeping their weapons without Kronic's say so. Might as well remove that thing from the auth app.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »
The authorisation isnt for weapons, its to keep them. Secondly, I will speak to Kronic and I will remove that part if required. Also SMT, this stuff ACTUALLY happened in the city event. Onyx (Oz) was meant to be the supplier for this event and the weapons can be given a wide range of backgrounds. Anyhow, I will remove that part if an SA agree's it shouldn't be part of this.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »
The authorisation isnt for weapons, its to keep them. Secondly, I will speak to Kronic and I will remove that part if required. Also SMT, this stuff ACTUALLY happened in the city event. Onyx (Oz) was meant to be the supplier for this event and the weapons can be given a wide range of backgrounds. Anyhow, I will remove that part if an SA agree's it shouldn't be part of this.

I know it happened, but as some people know (and this isn't an attack at Oz, he's a babe) the character coming in with bags of guns fairly randomly with no back story (im sure there is one, but it's still silly) is something I don't like, no matter how fun it was - you're applying to keep weapons that were purposed for an event, you're pretty much applying for weapons, is EVERY citizen keeping the gun they were given?

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
No, at the moment no citizen is keeping their guns as they would have all died and NLR with no guns. The reason its in this auth app is purely because of what it is but it's not key to the rp. As I said anyway, Ill remove it if an SA's feels it shouldn't be in this.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
I dont think your responsible enough for an mp7 when you outright ignored multiple citizens to go shoot combine

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
also, how would S2 have any clue its there when they just arrived.

maybe because its city 17 the heart of the combine control on the planet earth where breen establishes his regime only a few years after our canon in hl2 where the resistance is relatively new and weak

more to the point how would you have any clue its there when you just arrived your backstory doesn't address that at all

i'd rather if the room stayed locked with the combine biolocks and nobody used it

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 02:47:02 AM »
also, how would S2 have any clue its there when they just arrived.

more to the point how would you have any clue its there when you just arrived your backstory doesn't address that at all

First section

I dont think your responsible enough for an mp7 when you outright ignored multiple citizens to go shoot combine
Care to explain this?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 03:30:23 AM »
First section

just because there was a 'sector outpost' in city 17 doesn't mean your character knew the exact location/had access codes therefore explains nothing

you also seem to have a habit of claiming you've got stuff authorised but are unable to ever produce evidence supporting your argument

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 05:28:56 AM »
The Printworks authorisation should be confirmed by one of the super admins excluding Airbourne who was not an SA when this was authorised. It was put to the SA team who discussed it between themselves and with me at length.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 06:32:43 AM »
Superadmins indeed have agreed and authorized the printworks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal