Author Topic: APC  (Read 8124 times)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
APC
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:49 AM »
Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118997241&searchtext=

Usefull for outlands and city I guess.

I know it has been asked a multiplied times, but right now it seems someone already have created a good version of it.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: APC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:52:43 AM »
Has no use really, city is too small for a PROPER use, it can just be roleplayed and will cause less trouble and in Outlands as far as I know OTA don't use APCs at all

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »
Being the officer of Logistics, I'd really enjoy this. It seems pretty well made compared to just drivable. The Industrial map we're going to switch to on Saturday has pathways made wide enough specifically for the APC. And with the garage there, I'd enjoy this a lot more than my rickety hoverball suspended APC model on a jeep that can't go on inclines.

But on that note, I also found a workshop addon a while ago. Basically it adds quite a few of the vehicle models from Valve games and makes them into proper vehicles. For example, Statua uses the pickup model from Counter Strike for his Outlands character which is in there. And I'm sure there's more uses out of that than I can think of (Like the forklift for CWU). That's in the CS:S version, but it would make more sense to just get the APC if that's the only vehicle that would be used from it.

APC & HL2 Vehicles: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104648051&searchtext=Source+vehicle
CS:S Vehicles: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104651870&searchtext=Source+vehicle
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:53:03 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
Being the officer of Logistics, I'd really enjoy this. It seems pretty well made compared to just drivable. The Industrial map we're going to switch to on Saturday has pathways made wide enough specifically for the APC. And with the garage there, I'd enjoy this a lot more than my rickety hoverball suspended APC model on a jeep that can't go on inclines.

But on that note, I also found a workshop addon a while ago. Basically it adds quite a few of the vehicle models from Valve games and makes them into proper vehicles. For example, Statua uses the pickup model from Counter Strike for his Outlands character which is in there. And I'm sure there's more uses out of that than I can think of (Like the forklift for CWU). That's in the CS:S version, but it would make more sense to just get the APC if that's the only vehicle that would be used from it.

APC & HL2 Vehicles: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104648051&searchtext=Source+vehicle
CS:S Vehicles: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104651870&searchtext=Source+vehicle

I second this. These would be very nice if they were implemented.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
I'd also like to see this for the reasons mentioned above.

Also, this would allow ghost riding to be done.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
Would be nice for Overwatch on outlands. The map is freaking humungous and it's covered in roads designed for vehicle use. Why not?
o7

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
Would be nice for Overwatch on outlands. The map is freaking humungous and it's covered in roads designed for vehicle use. Why not?

It could cause more "OTA are too OP" hate and much more drama. BUT, I could be wrong and it could be a great addition. It would be kind of silly to have OTA walk the entire time.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »

It could cause more "OTA are too OP" hate and much more drama. BUT, I could be wrong and it could be a great addition. It would be kind of silly to have OTA walk the entire time.
You're wrong.

The APCs are a meh, I never really saw OTA using them too much in HL2(Maybe EP2 but there was only one..)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
In the coastal areas of HL2, OTA used them for transportation and to keep up barriers (I think that's what you're talking about). So yeah, technically it is canon and could be useful for the Outlands, and seeing how it can hold 10 people that can be rather useful. Also I tried the APC and the gun fires at a reasonable accuracy, has to reload and wont let you spam bullets every direction. It's rather balanced.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
According to canon (Here we go...), APCs were never used outside of the city due to the rough terrain.  OTA mainly traveled by dropship, which gave them an unmatchable amount of mobility to virtually any point in the local sector.  The only time I ever saw an APC outside of the city was in "Highway 17" (I think that was what the level was called) where some soldiers had cannibalized an APC to power a force field. 

Of course, seeing as there will be plenty of roads in the new map, I can see using an APC to get around.  While not necessarily quiet, it's better than flying in a big, bulky dropship that could be spotted from any high point in the valley, assuming that the roads are bordered by thick forests.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03:46 PM »
In the coastal areas of HL2, OTA used them for transportation and to keep up barriers (I think that's what you're talking about). So yeah, technically it is canon and could be useful for the Outlands, and seeing how it can hold 10 people that can be rather useful. Also I tried the APC and the gun fires at a reasonable accuracy, has to reload and wont let you spam bullets every direction. It's rather balanced.
Ten people fit in that APC? which one are you talking about? I'd be amazed if the one in half life can hold four.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
According to canon (Here we go...), APCs were never used outside of the city due to the rough terrain.  OTA mainly traveled by dropship, which gave them an unmatchable amount of mobility to virtually any point in the local sector.  The only time I ever saw an APC outside of the city was in "Highway 17" (I think that was what the level was called) where some soldiers had cannibalized an APC to power a force field. 

Of course, seeing as there will be plenty of roads in the new map, I can see using an APC to get around.  While not necessarily quiet, it's better than flying in a big, bulky dropship that could be spotted from any high point in the valley, assuming that the roads are bordered by thick forests.

Just saying, in HL2, we see OTA using APCs in the coast.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
Yeah. I'm talking about the one in the OP. I can see like 2 sitting in it honestly; Maybe a few on the side for short distances like a riot or something.

From the link: -Fully drivable APC as seen in HL2
-Supports up to ten players: One driving, one gunning and eight passengers

It's a little crazy, but players can be limited by the driver if they hit alt which closes the hatch meaning nobody else can enter.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
I'll look into this. The passenger capacity can be adjusted easily.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
I have a hardest hl2rp boner at the thought of a legit APC convoy rolling down the valley highway.
Edit: hoylshit IED rp hahahaha

Anyway, would we want to keep the passenger capacity low (2-4 players) or high (5-10 players)?
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal