Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Marked Off  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Made Man

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[SUGGESTION] Marked Off
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
 Marked Off is an event I've been thinking about recently, and I've come to a conclusion that is something not to ruin the plot, or the roleplay so far, it's got it's remarks, but I think it'll do well for the players. Reason why I've been thinking about it is because I don't think the players are having a good time on the server, and I want the server and it's population increased, as I want to aid the server, not just the players itself. Now, let's get started.

Topic

Alright, it's an interesting topic to speak about, and it's title is pretty attractive. Now, reason why I thought of this title is because I want to make something reasonable, and appealing enough for the players. The Combine recently launched an attack in the Outlands camps, but the designated target was set in the wrong region, the canister shells aimed for a populated and famous city, known as 'City 45'. The canister shells clashed into the city and from there, the headcrabs were released. After the headcrabs were released, everyone was endangered and the city itself was bludgeoned in the aftermath.

Citizens were sent into the apartment complex, to where they're to roleplay with Passive RP and Fear RP, the doors in the front entrance and the rooftops are shattered as the zombies break in, headcrab canisters still are raining from the clouded dark night as the Civil Protection are sent to relieve the situation, citizens are then scattered in the streets, trying to look for safety as the gunshots fade away in the cloudy, foggy smoke from the city ruins, everything went to hell in a matter of minutes.

Aftermath
[/color][/size]

After the event was dealt with, the city was in ruins, buildings were covered in a foggy dust and the rubble laid scattered across the deserted roads which stood clean and well kempt. The Nexus still stands, but the outside is damaged partially, it still stands as if it's been to do that, the citizens outside are ordered somewhat like slave labour, commanded to clean the remaining rubble. And operations are held as the dust of the city is cleared, and the rubble is left everywhere in the city which is being cleaned in a matter of hours by helping hands of those worthy enough, or those who survived the onslaught.

Timing

I think the timing for this event should be around fifty minutes, so the constant roleplaying between all factions so the attraction of people joining, probably new, can be a center of attention. You can change down the event timing if you want to, it doesn't matter, as long as people have a good time, and people can tell what happened on that day.

Population

I think the population should be around an estimated number of 20-30, because that way people can have fun, instead of the city being deserted and the people that are left in small groups are to roleplay desolite, so I think the event should do fine.

I'm glad you've read my suggestion, and I hope you can come up with more ideas!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:02:46 PM by Made Man »

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [SUGGESTION] Marked Off
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »
Thank you for posting this in... well a very fast and orderly manner.

I understand where you going with this but The only thing that was a bit off is " Citizens were sent into the apartment complex"
That is a jinx for disaster as earlier today we had a fine example of.
Good action in this, I can see lot of teamwork and groups being formed during this event and injuries to be made.
We would need event characters. Yes, that means we need headcrab characters!
I think we MUST limit the amount of CCA we have. Too much CCA is never good and Too little CCA is never good.
The headcrab canister should be first bludgeoned into the UCH. Yes that's the only way we can make these people think by not going into it but then again there's lots of other places where the CCA can lock citizens into.

I personally made a plan about how I think this will turn out,
Yes my MSpaint skills are unbeatable
Theses situations are only from a Citizen's view and not CCa, the CCA can figure it out themselves.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The left arrive in P3, Safe? the ones that go right might die or be injure/ safe if they arrive at a specific safehouse.

As for the aftermath, it can be easily organised.
I would love for this to be organised, but there are a few things that need to be more flexible.
I mean the only way this headcrab invasion would be dealt with is by OTA so that would be more organisation, or the CCA steps their game up, organised and do it themselves.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:40:59 PM by ?Rudolph »

Offline Made Man

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:38:50 PM »
 Yes, you've nailed it on the topic, I'm glad that you understand what I've been saying in words that I cannot describe. I think of this event to be truly successful, as it was thought out over just one month! Amazing! Thanks for replying, I hope to receive more suggestions and ideas from other players, and some of the staff as well!

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »
Hmm... If we still don't have an IC reason to relocate everyone to the new map AKA City 38, maybe this will be the one? The city is going to be in ruins, and the Nexus is going to be a little bit damaged, maybe means no populace can be held in it anymore.

Just a though, but anyway, a very good event indeed. Will be a bit hard to orginaize, but I'm sure we will manage to anyway.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
Hmm... If we still don't have an IC reason to relocate everyone to the new map AKA City 38, maybe this will be the one? The city is going to be in ruins, and the Nexus is going to be a little bit damaged, maybe means no populace can be held in it anymore.

Just a though, but anyway, a very good event indeed. Will be a bit hard to orginaize, but I'm sure we will manage to anyway.

events already in planning

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
Maybe the UCH (And some other IC buildings in the area as well), gets breached by the pods, followed by headcrabs entering the buildings. Citizens are evacuated by the CCA, which are covering their tracks, to the RDT. However, headcrabs would occupy the streets, along with the possibiliy of zombies as well. So, groups are forced tobreak off and barricade rooms in the UCH, or try and run through the streets to the Nexus or RDT, both possibilities. Now, before you say "oh no stuck in uch for 30 minutes", well, you aren't. You're having to barricade yourselves in, and fix up possible injuries that you've obtained while trying to run from headcrabs, which I'm sure you're bound to obtain. Oh,and there's also the factor of a few citizens possibly being in a room with a CCA unit. That one always works out to be fun, right? Again, there's quite a few different opportunities you can take here. You could RP a headcrab getting in, RP the zombies breaking down the cade, do some light form of MedRP, do some passive fearRP, the list goes on. And who knows? Maybe some more respected roleplayers could get a chance at being a headcrab/zombie if the admins feel like they should be able to. A good amount of possibilities for this event, me gusta.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
Maybe the UCH (And some other IC buildings in the area as well), gets breached by the pods, followed by headcrabs entering the buildings. Citizens are evacuated by the CCA, which are covering their tracks, to the RDT. However, headcrabs would occupy the streets, along with the possibiliy of zombies as well. So, groups are forced tobreak off and barricade rooms in the UCH, or try and run through the streets to the Nexus or RDT, both possibilities. Now, before you say "oh no stuck in uch for 30 minutes", well, you aren't. You're having to barricade yourselves in, and fix up possible injuries that you've obtained while trying to run from headcrabs, which I'm sure you're bound to obtain. Oh,and there's also the factor of a few citizens possibly being in a room with a CCA unit. That one always works out to be fun, right? Again, there's quite a few different opportunities you can take here. You could RP a headcrab getting in, RP the zombies breaking down the cade, do some light form of MedRP, do some passive fearRP, the list goes on. And who knows? Maybe some more respected roleplayers could get a chance at being a headcrab/zombie if the admins feel like they should be able to. A good amount of possibilities for this event, me gusta.

I admit it sounds really great as you say it - but in reality, it'll get closer to ending up stuck in UCH (again), where people propblock their doors. If youre lucky, you end up with a unit inside of some of the  apartments - with a chance of some good RP but also with a chance of 'go sit there and stand away it is too dangerous'.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Have some happen to the UCH so that the CCA can't lock the citizens in there for the event.

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:42:05 AM »
Ok, I normally bitch about "The City" being to boring or something else on the lines of that.

Right now. My view has been turned, If this EVENT does pop up onto the server, Which I hope it does.

This event would make City a more Interesting place to RP! I've been in Catalyst-Gaming for a long time but this event by FAR. Is the best I have seen. +1 Support my Nigga.

Jammy Out. *STATIC*

Offline Made Man

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:34 AM »
 The event went well, and hope everyone enjoyed it! Thanks to everyone who helped me, and I'm glad the players had some fun!

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
The event went well, and hope everyone enjoyed it! Thanks to everyone who helped me, and I'm glad the players had some fun!

um wat

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »

um wat

maybe he seems to think this event was the map change event

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »

um wat

maybe he seems to think this event was the map change event

to clarify, it was an owner/SA/admin/raged/Oz planned event that was run and coordinated with no knowing intentions to be like this thread at all.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal