Author Topic: Braden 'Caps' Holtby Authorization Application  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Braden 'Caps' Holtby Authorization Application
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Would you like some 3.14159265?
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4-5 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2-3 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
CQC/H2H
Basic Melee Weaponry Skills
Butterfly Knife

Name: Braden 'Caps' Holtby
Affiliation: Rebel

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
As a young boy growing up, Braden’s influence was always hockey. He was three years old when he put on his first pair of skates and 6 years old when he joined his first hockey team. Throughout his teen years, he played the grinder role...an enforcer, shall we say. He was the strong, tough one on the ice always trying to get in fights and pick on people. Through Bantam, AA, AAA, he got in more fights than he could count, and he rarely lost any. How’s that, you might ask?
Boxing.
Upon finding out he was going to play as an enforcer, Braden took boxing classes on his off time as a workout regiment and to train. It was there he learned how to properly defend himself in hand to hand combat. He would participate in sparring matches against other fellow trainees every other day, getting tips and tricks from the coaches there. Every other weekend there would be round robin matches at his local community centre, and he participated in over 60 of them, winning 23 of those series’. And after every 4 months, there would be a province wide playoff tree tournament that he would participate in, and he was able to get involved in around 10 of them, winning 2 tourneys.
Braden was able to solidify himself as a fighter. Not a fighter good enough to move onto something like MMA or even WWE, but enough to prove himself big time on the ice. Out of the multitude of fights he got in, he remembered his one big fight very clearly. He was playing in the AA playoffs round robin with his team down 3-1 at home late in the second and looking as though they were headed towards elimination, when he was lucky enough to pick a fight with the opposing team’s captain. After having constantly forechecked the defensive captain, jab at him many a times, and shout a multitude of insults his way, the boy had enough. Upon taking yet another hit from Braden, he turned to face him and dropped his gloves, quickly removing his helmet soon after. He went buckets and gloves with Braden and Braden answered back. The play was stopped dead and the linesmen circled the two boys with their fists in the air. The captain made the first move, lunging himself towards Braden and pulling on his jersey. Braden instinctively ducked his head under the other boys shoulder and the two exchanged a few blows to each other’s sides before Braden stepped up; quickly grabbing the stomach area of the other boys jersey and pushing him backwards, quickly raising his left hand to grab the jersey of the boy and his right hand to throw a swift punch towards the boys temple, hauling him on his side. As the boy began to go down, Braden landed two more blows before immediately skating off to the box and witnessing his destruction. The other teams captain was took off on a stretcher and given a 2 minute instigator penalty. Braden was more than happy at his success. (for having started the fight before the whistle went)
For those wondering how the game ended, Braden’s team was able to use the 2 minute penalty to score a PP goal and make the game 3-2 before scoring two more in the third off of his momentum to win them the game.
It was after that game that Braden continued on with his life, moving up his stature into the NHL still as an enforcer. He was drafted in the fourth round of the 2008 NHL Draft, which was fairly high for a fighter, but it wasn’t all fun and games for him after that.
Just barely into the second year of his NHL career, Braden’s dad suffered a fatal heart attack, leaving Braden the only man left in his family of 3. He took a season off to help his mother and two sisters cope with his father’s death.
Braden’s dad was an avid knife collector, something Braden took a bit of interest in, but never really pursued.  In his will, he left Braden (among other things) his knife set, asking only for Braden to learn them and use them exactly as he would’ve. Braden did exactly that. Apart from spending time with his family and continuing conditioning training to make sure he stays fit for his return next year, Braden used whatever free time he had to learn about his Dad’s knives. He started by watching tutorial videos and seeing if he could do anything by himself, but only learned real basic things about how the knives worked and operated. It wasn’t until he got to his Dads butterfly knife that he went off from there. He wasted no time, finding a tutor to show him how to use and operate a butterfly knife, how to keep it maintained and, of course, how to do all the cool little twirling tricks with them. Braden spent 6 months with this tutor before his contract forced him to return to play with the NHL...but Braden didn’t leave it at that. He took that knife everywhere with him, constantly twirling and spinning it in his hands whenever he could. He had no /real/ practice with the knife, only using it on dummies and sheets of thin wood, but nevertheless, he stuck with it, all the way up until the 7 Hour War and beyond, having expended every resource possible to keep the knife clean and maintained.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

Perks
+Self Defence
+Enforcement throughout P3

Defects
-Risk of getting caught in P1
-Knife must be maintained
-May put a target on myself or get reported to CCA if seen with the knife.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Give my character some self defence and create better passive RP.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nyope.

Which server does this apply for?
City.

Extra Notes (optional): If any admins are unable to understand some/most/all of the hockey terms used in the story, I'll change it up.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Braden 'Caps' Holtby Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »
What level of H2H/CQC are we talking about here?

The backstory could use another paragraph or so but other than that I've seen your RP and it's decent enough for this. Answer my question and you have my support.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

The backstory could use another paragraph or so but other than that I've seen your RP and it's decent enough for this. Answer my question and you have my support.

Well, seeing as it's boxing Caps took a part of, but most of his fights were on ice...I'd say a level high enough to deliver some good blows, be able to dodge a couple, but not a level high enough to just blow by everyone and dodge everything. The CQC/H2H auth is moreso for self defense rather than attacking people.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »

Well, seeing as it's boxing Caps took a part of, but most of his fights were on ice...I'd say a level high enough to deliver some good blows, be able to dodge a couple, but not a level high enough to just blow by everyone and dodge everything. The CQC/H2H auth is moreso for self defense rather than attacking people.

Then consider it supported.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
I don't see any problems. I'll leave this open for a little longer for other admins to post their opinions.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:38 PM »
Seeing as Airborne has nothing against, this is accepted.
Locked, moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal