Author Topic: A Matter of Investigation  (Read 1602 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A Matter of Investigation
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
This is a response to 091’s authorisations for going rogue from City 38. The events depicted are a response IC’ly and all actions have been discussed with wanderer in advance.

The monitor flashed consistently every few seconds with a dull blood stricken red colour that signalled a connection waited to be opened. 621 wondered curiously to himself as to why City 38 wanted to urgently contact City 45, and in particular, as to why they wanted to contact specifically him. His hand swiped over the bio lock as the screen lit up. He was greeted by the mask of an Officer personnel whom by the appearance of his uniform was likely in charge of internal affairs. ‘Sir.’ The unit began. ‘Approximately six hours ago one of our units managed to escape the city boundaries and escape into uncontrolled sectors. She was accompanied by another but was shot by-‘
‘And why are you telling me this.’ 621 interrupted. He didn’t have the patience or the respect for units who wasted his time anymore. None of them seemed to understand how important his time was. The unit stuttered for a few moments trying to bring himself back to his rehearsed lines. ‘T-The unit, s-sir. She was recently transferred from City 45..I thought it might have been worth of note to m-men-mention it in case there was others.’ 621 looked down towards the console as the data connection opened and sent through a report compiled with the events. The words ‘Hailey McLinn’ flashed across the screen accompanied by the unit’s report. What bothered 621 the most was that there was nothing unusual about her report. Usually small indications were present that showed a unit was likely to become unstable, perhaps a refusal of duties to follow out level one verdicts on citizens or a reluctance to assist with a raid; but not this one. That’s where his curiosity got the best of him. ‘I expect to have security footage of the last few hours of her before she escaped the city.’ 621 began. ‘And for the areas that she was in before she escaped to be quarantined. I will see you within the hour.’ His hand swiped once again over the biolock causing the monitor to darken. His laps parted to speak in accordance with the ‘click’ of his radio. ‘I require synthetic transport to City 38 immediately. Ensure that it’s arranged.’ He stated then silenced his radio. Perhaps something big had happened, for it wasn’t every day that an 01 managed to remain undetected and then successfully go rogue.

Several hours later.

The woman screamed as the baton plummeted again and again. She couldn’t do anything but cry as the units beat her husband on the floor as if he was worthless. The four of them alternated between using their batons and their legs, their arms, and an assortment of items over and over. The units themselves may have had some reluctance in their duties, or questioned the extent of the verdict to the citizen; but neither of this was visible. 621 simply waved his hand towards the units indicating them to stop. The woman continued to sob hysterically with her face buried between her hands. Her husband lay still on the floor, blood dripping from the top of his skull. ‘T-Th-They took some cl-clothes..p-paid us…I s-swear that’s all.’ The woman finally broke. ‘Th-that’s all.’ She repeated. Her eyes looked up towards 621 hopefully, as if that she’d have given him what he wanted. She thought to herself desperately that maybe they’d be left alone now. Her thoughts were urgent with her husband thinking of the immense costs it’ll be to get his injuries fixed. 621 gave a small smile under his mask in conjunction with a small nod of his head. His hand ran down to the side of his holster as he reached for his pistol. ‘For assisting two units that have neglected their duties, turned their back on their benefactors and declared themselves as traitors to the union –‘he began as he raised his pistol, the safety flicking off as he took aim at the male. ‘I condemn you to death.’ He finished, pulling the trigger as a single round ripped through the husband’s skull. The woman suddenly screamed as her mind comprehended what had just happened but it was too late. Several bullets ripped into her torso that left her sinking off the couch and onto the floor. Her hand twitched as she tried to pull herself up. ‘It was almost a feeble attempt to survive’. 621 thought to himself as he looked from the woman to her City 38 uniform.  Eventually her movements ceased and her eyes became lifeless and dull, her heart having finally stopped beating. ‘Clean this up.’ 621 ordered the four units waiting by the side of the room. He turned on his heel to leave.

422 lay on a medical table with his torso and arms strapped to the sides. Even though he was asleep he was secured fatally to the table. There’d be no chance of escaping when he awoke. The unit closest to 621 brought before him a small documented report of the experimental serum that had been discovered empty after being used by 091 and 422 as well as camera footage and DNA records of the blade that 422 had injured himself with and the blood by 091’s gear that she had left behind. In accordance to transferral records 091 had her picture updated a few weeks prior to her disappearance. ‘I assure you, sir. She’ll look practically the same. Perhaps a different hair colour and her eyes but everything else is the same.’ The unit continued, abruptly finishing standing silent as 621 read over the document. ‘And do we know where she’s headed?’ 621 questioned. ‘At this point of time, no, sir. But we believe the rogue here may know, although he won’t wake up for some time.’ 621 glanced over towards 422 once more. The blood had been wiped clean, his injuries fixed to ensure optimal interrogation tactics; yet he looked almost peaceful. A shame that wouldn’t last too long. ‘Have him ready to be transferred to City 45. He’ll be interrogated there and sent back here if necessary.’ He stated to the unit.  He then pivoted on his heel towards the rooftops where his transport awaited.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:48:20 PM by raged »

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: A Matter of Investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
 This story made me think about it being in a movie scene of some sort. It is actually depicted as a pretty good story. A good read.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal