Author Topic: Weapons Revamp.  (Read 6507 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weapons Revamp.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 07:02:09 AM »
.22's would be nice aside from big guns too

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
I would suggest to have the branches instead of styles of weapons, have it on what people would have them;

Tier 1 - Standard farmers etc (.22 hunting rifles, old shotguns, pistols, etc)
Tier 2 - policey weaponry ( More up to date rifles, pistols)
Tier 3 -  Army weaponry( AK's, SKS's, that sort of thing from say the 1960's onwards or something)
Tier 4 - Super space age super mega cool shit (Pulse rifles etc the combine use)

Thats my thoughts for a tier system, rather than how dangerous they are. Ammo sizes would be a big variation and obviously to find AK mags/rounds is harder than a box of shotgun pellets etc.
what

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
Why not just find out which are the most common weapons in Romania and the surrounding countries and base the weapons available off that?
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
Why not just find out which are the most common weapons in Romania and the surrounding countries and base the weapons available off that?
That is kinda what I based the list off of first, both how common they are, and how "Powerful" of a weapon.

I have no idea how common a .22LR firearm would be in the area, we are basically centered around an old military bunker, Surplus guns would be more common in that area.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »
I give my full support to the idea, it'd be great to have more than the standard MP7 and USP Match that all the armed populace of outlands carries.

But maybe, just maybe, a hunting rifle of sorts with a scope, or a scoped Mosin Nagant. I know I know, some of you may not like the idea of a scoped rifle, but if it was very uncommon (Maybe replace all these OP guys with Combine snipers with something a little more realistic.) then it'd be a bit more fun and realistic.

I'm not an expert on hunting rifles/sniper rifles in/around the Romanian mountains, but it'd be cool to have something other than a Combine sniper.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
While having more weapons available would be a nice addition, I would like to make a point here. A lot of people have been asking about weapons, and item drops, and other matters of the sort. When we say "rp > script" we're not saying that you should roleplay having other weapons rather than advocating for more scripted weapons. We are saying that it shouldn't matter. We are saying that material gain and items should matter so much as the development of your character. You don't need, for example, a Mosin Nagant to develop your character. I am not saying I support or disapprove of this suggestion, I am simply making that stance clear.

I give my full support to the idea, it'd be great to have more than the standard MP7 and USP Match that all the armed populace of outlands carries.

But maybe, just maybe, a hunting rifle of sorts with a scope, or a scoped Mosin Nagant. I know I know, some of you may not like the idea of a scoped rifle, but if it was very uncommon (Maybe replace all these OP guys with Combine snipers with something a little more realistic.) then it'd be a bit more fun and realistic.

I'm not an expert on hunting rifles/sniper rifles in/around the Romanian mountains, but it'd be cool to have something other than a Combine sniper.
The Rodna Mountains, where we are or nearby, are largely national wildlife reserves in Romania, and therefore hunting is largely prohibited there. Therefore, we shouldn't worry about focusing on hunting weapons that may have been there pre-war, because the mountains are largely unpopulated by humans, and hunting is illegal in most parts of the mountains.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:09:23 PM by Ricky »
Live free or die

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »
I like the whole new weapons thing. When I was more active on the outlands and was part of the major faction that occupied the intact bunker, I had a shotgun. And the thing was I usually had less than a box or no ammo whatsoever but the major thing was it was I could intimidate others regardless. So that being said, I really think the older Russian rifles and other related weapons would work well. And you can actually say there's an abundance of weapons, maybe not of ammo or perhaps of lesser quality ammnition; A system like in Metro 2033 meaning company/military made ammunition compared to recently made post-war bullets. My suggestion for a weapon is the SVT-40 which utilizes the same cartridge a Mosin–Nagant. There's a good one here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132873

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »
I like the whole new weapons thing. When I was more active on the outlands and was part of the major faction that occupied the intact bunker, I had a shotgun. And the thing was I usually had less than a box or no ammo whatsoever but the major thing was it was I could intimidate others regardless. So that being said, I really think the older Russian rifles and other related weapons would work well. And you can actually say there's an abundance of weapons, maybe not of ammo or perhaps of lesser quality ammnition; A system like in Metro 2033 meaning company/military made ammunition compared to recently made post-war bullets. My suggestion for a weapon is the SVT-40 which utilizes the same cartridge a Mosin–Nagant. There's a good one here: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132873

If we're planning on adding a long-range, heavy caliber rifle indigenous to the Balkans, the Romanians are famous for the PSL, the second most widely used 7.62x54 mm sniper rifle on the market compared to the Dragunov SVD.  Link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSL_(rifle)  All PSL's come equiped with a standard 4x24 optical sight, meaning that it is 24 mm in diameter and has a magnification of 4 times.  The only problem, of course, is coding it, seeing as I am not aware of any ready-made PSL SWEPs on the workshop.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
Yes, that's right. I'm bumping this because I do fully believe it needs implemented.

Please, consider adding new weapons. Things are getting stale on HL2RP- hence the playerbase- we need to change and advance or CG will fail. This and models are things we can do now that can help make us stand out as a community.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Calo Nord

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
I'm also bumping this, this is a great idea. Weapons like the AK-47 would be more so common in this area instead of newer weaponry like the MP7. Also, all the old world weapons wouldn't just vanish after the war, these are the types of weapons I would expect people to be armed with over what people on the Outlands currently have. +Support

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
I'm also bumping this, this is a great idea. Weapons like the AK-47 would be more so common in this area instead of newer weaponry like the MP7. Also, all the old world weapons wouldn't just vanish after the war, these are the types of weapons I would expect people to be armed with over what people on the Outlands currently have. +Support

You haven't voiced anything than what was already said in the thread.
We will see what we can do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal