Author Topic: Weapons Revamp.  (Read 6509 times)

Weapons Revamp.
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
Now, before you go "RP>script" its impossible to really do that because there are changes with how all the weapons work, ammo cap, and the fact that people go "Why bother" when it comes to things like RPing like you have a different weapon.

What I'm suggesting is revamping the currently system for a more in depth and realistic one.
In Oulands(Where this would have the most effect) currently everyone has the same two-three guns with very few people using IC weapons these weapons that everyone has, would be very uncommon seeing how the only real IC way to get them is to kill OTA/CCA. My suggestion is to add "Surplus" firearms that both the weapons, and the ammo would be common for in the area.

I'm suggesting a three ranked tier system, with each tier having its trades off and benefits.

Tier one(The lowest) would be: Mosin Nagant, Makarov PM, and SKS.
These weapons would be the most common, but limited in firepower based on damage, rate of of fire, and reloading speed.

The Mosin Nagant would be the second most common(Only beaten by the PM), it holds five rounds that are feed from a hit or miss stripper clip system, no scope, long range, limited firepower, and has to be cleaned after each use otherwise the ammo rust the barrel and the weapon is non-functional.

The Makarov PM would be the most common, its small concealable, accurate(About the same as the USP), but the problem with it is it only holds eight rounds, and cannot use standard 9mm rounds. The Makarov uses 9x18(.380) that are bigger then the standard 9x19(.355) used in the USP. It deals slightly less damage due to the smaller cartridge.

The SKS would be the rarest of this tier, but still fairly common. It'd be accurate, but limited to semi-auto only, and the 30 round mag has to be fed with a stripper clip. It uses 7.62 x 39(Same as the AK-47) it'd deal around the same damage, but limited rate of fire and reloading.

The second tier would be: AK-47, AK-74U, Mossberg 500, and the .38 revolver.

The AK would have a high rate of fire(Given its automatic) high recoil, but a damaging round(It'd be hit or miss on penetrating kevlar, but it'd be the royal shit out of the person wearing it), around the same accuracy as the default MP7, 30 round mags, fairly common ammo(Given that its the same as the SKS).

The AK-74U would be the rarest of this tier(Thus the rarest of all the firearms in this suggestion), it'd do less damage then the AK-47(Only slightly) but it'd penetrate kevlar, and have less recoil, And less accuracy(Given the shorter barrel). The ammo would be incompatible with the AK-47(the 74 uses 5.45 x 39).

Now to the .38 revolver, this would be the most common out of this tier, it'd do much more damage then the standard Makarov or 9mm but it does a number less damage then the .357, Still limited to six rounds, but the ammo is fairly common(Cannot use .357 magnum rounds).

The Mossberg 500 would have a larger grouping then the SPAS-12(Same damage though) be able to use the same ammo, and would hold six shells instead of eight.

The final tier would be the combine weapons, the MP7 eats kevlar to bits, the AR-2 does a metric fuckton of damage. These do the most damage but are the rarest with the only viable way to get them is from OTA/CCA. But even then the ammo is rare.

This would rebalance outlands and buff the realism. This is also a good time to suggest this given the inventory loss and the generator being worked on.
I'm going to be searching for good models and such to use(Perhaps SWEPS to base them off of?)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline GavinThornBurgShire

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weapons Revamp.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »
These guns are a bit to professional/unfitting for HL2RP, it takes me out of the HL2 universe feeling with other weapons like the ak47's and SKS's.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:38:29 AM by Verse Impotent ? ???° ???? ???° »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »
These guns are a bit to professional/unfitting for HL2RP.

what? how? I hope you dont think ak47s are "professional" - if anything they're exactly what HL2RP would have considering the setting...

Personally I think this is fine but we'd need a new ammo system (more ammo types) otherwise it'd be a bit silly feeding AK74s off the same ammo as our SMGs use or something, but otherwise as long as it'd be done well (not having ak47s and mosin's scattered in every dark area) it'd be nice to have this sort of thing

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:23 AM »
These guns are a bit to professional/unfitting for HL2RP.

What?
I'm sorry, but you're gonna need to provide reasons for it being "Too* professional" and unfitting for HL2RP(Seeing how the AK-47 was in the beta for HL2...)

Offline GavinThornBurgShire

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
I moded my last post.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:14 AM »
These guns are a bit to professional/unfitting for HL2RP, it takes me out of the HL2 universe feeling with other weapons like the ak47's and SKS's.

Its more realistic though, in reality the only reasons why all the resistance uses MP7s and such in HL2 is because that's the only weapons they wanted in the game.
I feel it fits the HL2RP settings better, and far, far better then the CCA models. The Resistance would be using whatever weapons would be available to them, these would be the ones that are.

And Smt I was suggesting adding more ammo.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »
Because finding an MP7 and amunition for it in the outlands is totally realistic.

I agree with Juggernaut here.

+1

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »
I like the idia of some more old fashioned weapons to match the Outlands' rustic aesthetic. The weapons listed seem realistic and reasonable, and match the atmosphere of the server.

+ Support, for whatever mine is worth.
I'm a fag

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »
I don't necesarily agree with the weapons he picked (I fucking /hate/ the makarov and i would have replaced the AK 74 U with a more common SMG like the Mac-10 or Uzi) but i do agree with the tiered system and the idea of having a more varied and realistic weaponry system both for RP and for actual combat situations

+1

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »
Loving the structured idea, an expansion of weapons to what is in the area or around will work a lot better. Though, I think spawn rates should be reduced for guns as a whole. I know a lot of people in the area would of probably had one, but not within that few square km's the map is.

(thats if the spawn system is in yet, idk not played OL yet)
what

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
I agree with everyone above, I really like the idea of a tiered system for weapons and that the weapons aren't, say, a barret 50 cal or an M16 or something of that nature. + Support
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
I'd like the idea of more weapons but I don't want to see anything like .50 cals and assault rifles because regardless of what you'd say it would eventually encourage the elitism rebel vest crap. Variations in pistols and some SMG's/rifles would be good.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »
I'd like the idea of more weapons but I don't want to see anything like .50 cals and assault rifles because regardless of what you'd say it would eventually encourage the elitism rebel vest crap. Variations in pistols and some SMG's/rifles would be good.
None of the weapons are "50 cals" they're at max 38 cal(.38 special)
All of these weapons I based off of how likely they are to be there(Geopolitics included) the areas history(The bunker) and how common they are overall.

The tier system I based more off of balance then likelihood, but the only one that could be considered out of place is the SKS(Could be considered a tier higher then it is).

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »
Russian firearms and Warsaw Pact weapons would be pretty cool to have in the Outlands. It would make sense too, given the location of the Outlands.

+support

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 07:40:48 PM »
but the only one that could be considered out of place is the SKS(Could be considered a tier higher then it is).

As the proud owner of two SKS's as well as a (somewhat) expert on them, I can tell you that the current placement is a little, well, out of place.  By many countries world-wide, the SKS is held in higher regard than the AK-47 for several reasons, mostly because of its fast and simple reload style and it's accuracy.  Considering the conflicts in former Yugoslavia, I see no reason why the entire Balkan region (Romania included) should not be littered with SKS's.  However, I don't see where you get the "30 round mag".  Unless yours is after-market modded, most SKS's have a standard 10 round internal magazine and either a spike or blade style bayonet (Depending on model and country of manufacture).

TL;DR:  Move SKS up?

Also, some more commentary on the weapons you have here:

Makarov - Super common.  If there's one thing the Russians did well, it was mass-produce.  Not sure about the accuracy, though.

Mosin Nagant - This thing will take your shoulder off, and I'm not talking about the guy who got shot in the shoulder.  The 7.62x54 mm Russian is even larger than the .308 (7.62x51mm NATO), and the rifle is NOT designed for comfort.  That aside, the accuracy is still phenomenal AND it comes with a standard spike bayonet.

AK-47 - Sounds alright to me.  Still, the 7.62x39 mm round is large, and full auto is NOT suggested if you wish to hit anything farther than 25 meters out.

AK=74U - I can understand why you need a "rare" weapon, but the AK-74 and it's carbine variant, the AKS-74U, are by no means uncommon.  Other than that everything you said sounds peachy:  Shit accuracy because SBR and less damage (5.45x39mm, M16s fire 5.56x45mm).

Everything else, you probably know more than me :\
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:07:04 PM by Hazard Time »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal