Author Topic: Loyalist System  (Read 4938 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loyalist System
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
At the Section Leader meeting we were discussing the re-implementation of the loyalist system and what we should use. I was thinking if you guys had any input it'd be appreciated if you could post here before we re-introduced it. Currently we're thinking of sticking with the old system.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Loyalist System
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:41:14 AM »
One change that I think could really help is the multi-tiered loyalist system that I heard about.  That way, it would still be possible to be a low level loyalist just by cleaning around the place but, in order to advance, more and more loyal actions will be expected of you.  For example, if you are a low-level loyalist, cleaning will no longer grant you a loyalist point.  That way, the majority of new recruits will be people who actually sold their souls to the Union rather than "Hey, I got a loyalist armband in 3 hours, here's my app".  The downside is that it may cause a certain elitism, but that is supposed to happen.  Higher tier loyalists are supposed to look down on citizens, and the citizens are to come to hate their guts for legitimate reasons.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:45:53 AM »
Why is the idea of going back to the old system even coming up? People miss points? It's to hard to 'rank up' now? That should be the point. Like Hazard said, you shouldn't be able to become a loyal member of the civilian population, fully eligable for membership of the CCA in a few hours, let alone a few days. I came up with the new loyalist system so that people would actually have to prove their loyalty by being loyal, not just cleaning up a few things and running around P3 to look for crimes to report. With the current system, it'd more than likely take a week to be able to apply for the CCA, allowing for a person to actually develop their character instead of simply going "ok im just going to make this character so i can get a unit", because that's an awful way to go about roleplaying.

At the elitism comment. I really hate it when people bring up that arguement for things. Literally everything in this game could be considered elitist. Higher ranks could. Guns could. Specific auths could. In most of these cases, those privilages coem with time and effort. So, when people start complaining that people are acting elitist, I'd say two things. One being that they kind of deserve it, seeing as getting to a high rank or achieving certain things like guns or powerful auths isn't easy to do. Secondly, why does it matter? If someone's being a prick about stuff like this, it shouldn't ruin a system like this. This system is about developing a loyal character, one that has legit loyalty and not 'cleanup and random reports' loyalty. Just because someone wants to use that to say "Well yeah, fuck you guys! I'm better than you!" is pretty dumb. It's using that one person who decides to act that way to tear down the system, and I don't like it. If anything, they should be talked to in regards to representing people of that rank in a good way for the community. Don't punish the system for the one player who does it, though.

tl;dr version: The newer system allows, and kind of even forces people, to better develop a loyal character instead of presenting the option for point whoring. It gets more people involved in the process, and can even help to actually determine if someone is capable for being a member of something like the CCA or CWU, which is an added bonus. So, don't get rid of it please. It's a better alternative in regards to roleplay. I remember a question from the OA intro, something along the lines of "What is roleplaying about?" The choices were 'Collecting items and getting upgrades', and 'Developing your character'. The old system accomplishes the first, while the newer system works to accomplish the latter.

Rant done.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:53 AM »
add me on steam lone so i can see your system pls or pm me via forums

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=18463.0

My two cents, pretty much.

While I'm at it, what I think is lone's system

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=20483.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:11:09 AM by swag master spiderman »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=18463.0

My two cents, pretty much.

I liked this system, it gave an IC motive to be loyal.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:36 AM »
<:: Twenty five loyalist points - Recreational observed procreation ::>

I like everything mentioned above but that, I just can't get my head around allowing citizens to bang

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »
<:: Twenty five loyalist points - Recreational observed procreation ::>

I like everything mentioned above but that, I just can't get my head around allowing citizens to bang

Fair enough, we'll scrap that bit.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Lone's system. I think its a bit more on the organized and well structured side. I also like the fact that cleaning isn't totally ruled out and the fact that is allowed more faction interaction. So they actually get checked by CA (giving them shit to do) and if they clean to fucking much they get denied moving up.

Not to say Turians was bad, but I think the Victory ration idea is much too complicated and since they're IC items I thinks it's susceptible to ass pulls since there is no tangible entity for it unlike normal rations. The allocated housing is out of the questions since there is no 'better; apartments in the map. But on a smaller scale I just feel Lone's is more...'user friendly' if you will.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11:33 AM »
Yeah I like Lone's more in general for the same points really, it just seems like it'd fit better with everything we have

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 09:12:44 AM »

I also like the fact that cleaning isn't totally ruled out and the fact that is allowed more faction interaction. So they actually get checked by CA (giving them shit to do) and if they clean to fucking much they get denied moving up.

Not to say Turians was bad, but I think the Victory ration idea is much too complicated and since they're IC items I thinks it's susceptible to ass pulls since there is no tangible entity for it unlike normal rations. The allocated housing is out of the questions since there is no 'better; apartments in the map. But on a smaller scale I just feel Lone's is more...'user friendly' if you will.

Cleaning was never ruled out specifically in the original suggestion.

The victory ration could be OOC, depends on whether alex would want to add it considering RTLK refused to copy and paste some code.

I know the housing wouldn't work, but perhaps the embassy could work more how oz planned with loyalist-CA mingling at pre-defined times for certain tiers.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »

I also like the fact that cleaning isn't totally ruled out and the fact that is allowed more faction interaction. So they actually get checked by CA (giving them shit to do) and if they clean to fucking much they get denied moving up.

The victory ration could be OOC, depends on whether alex would want to add it considering RTLK refused to copy and paste some code.

I know the housing wouldn't work, but perhaps the embassy could work more how oz planned with loyalist-CA mingling at pre-defined times for certain tiers.

Making Victory ration a OOC item is task of 5 minutes, if even.
Housing could work but only for A6, we'd permaprop a balcony to the apartment with hole in wall, and we could give the door some sort of lock for loyalist - could include giving loyalists some IC card (RFID) to access that apt. and shit.

As for the faction interaction, making CA's check you when you "go up" is not a problem really.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »

Making Victory ration a OOC item is task of 5 minutes, if even.
Housing could work but only for A6, we'd permaprop a balcony to the apartment with hole in wall, and we could give the door some sort of lock for loyalist - could include giving loyalists some IC card (RFID) to access that apt. and shit.

As for the faction interaction, making CA's check you when you "go up" is not a problem really.

If that's the case then it changed it entirely. The two could easily be merged.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »
I always liked that system you purposed. All about it.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »
Maybe keep the whole ranking system I have in place with mine and do away with points, but implement some of the rewards for higher ranks from Turian's system within the current one? IE: instead of ration rewards for mine, make them eligable for victory rations? And with certain loyalty level appointments, give the medal, and the ceremonies/statuses that were described?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal