Author Topic: Citizen Clothing  (Read 26306 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizen Clothing
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
Im sure people will use it well, but that literally makes people less inclined to write up a nice description about their character - why describe your holstered gun when you can just attach a prop to your leg - that sort of stuff will happen with PAC and it's just not great

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
Ok lets not add pac and give the civies a chance to make themselves stand out. Lets all pool our models and conetnt into the CCA so they can have all the cool standing out stuff while we give the citizens their blue jumpsuit and HL2 faces. Here. Lets rename the gamemode to CCARP.

Honestly, do something for the civies once. We have an idea and all you do is shoot it down? CMON!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
Ok lets not add pac and give the civies a chance to make themselves stand out. Lets all pool our models and conetnt into the CCA so they can have all the cool standing out stuff while we give the citizens their blue jumpsuit and HL2 faces. Here. Lets rename the gamemode to CCARP.

Honestly, do something for the civies once. We have an idea and all you do is shoot it down? CMON!

I have no problem downloading 100 mb of extra models for civies, infact I think that's fine, but letting people attach props to them selves WILL reduce the quality of roleplay

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:55 AM »

I'd support new Citizen models entirely before I'd support PAC. That on it's own sounds more attractive. We all agree that it gets boring with the same citizen models staring each other in the face 24/7 but PAC isn't the answer. Why? Because it's STILL the same HL2 citizen models staring at each other but just with 'fancy' props latched onto them. I think new models for citizens entirely is much better.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »
PAC won't suit the HL2 environment. It may suit one or two RP ones where the setting is different and it actually makes sense, but not in hl2rp where citizens have few items of worth anyway, and will only make use for cool shit CCA have or for people with fuckloads on outlands. New models/variety of models will be a lot better and require less supervision and stuff - its easier to notice TT abuse than somebody abusing PAC.
what

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
most of the props used, while they can be used cleverly, still look shit.

I think it was statua (might be mistaken) who made a backpack using PAC and it looked good but the texture was absolutely horrid, whereas a new model would actually look appealing.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Go ahead and suggest models if you want

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
These maybe? http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=127263

These are very good, +support everything but the resistance vests as those should be restricted like vests are right now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:47:15 PM by The 11th Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=34210

Could try these, don't have many suggestions though, just not PAC please.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
You could try the TnB model pack....lol jokes.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »

DESPITE YOUR INCREDIBLY MEAN JOKE, the plain clothes citizens in the pack would be perfect, there's a massive choice of citizens for new players to pick, (on TRP at least) most of which I think would fit hl2rp just fine:

(^ not including the default models)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »

DESPITE YOUR INCREDIBLY MEAN JOKE, the plain clothes citizens in the pack would be perfect, there's a massive choice of citizens for new players to pick, (on TRP at least) most of which I think would fit hl2rp just fine:

(^ not including the default models)

I + Support these all the way. Facial changes are amazingly useful for RPing descriptions instead of seeing the same male_07 walking around with a totally different description in his name. I really do think we should use Smt's models.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:49 PM »
"Smt's models" lol

We'd probably need to bug the shit out of Dave and even then we'd need to hand pick them from the pack (as there's a ton we'd never use on hl2rp (makeup as fuck, etc)) but yeah, some hand selected models from TnB pack + a couple from the packs would really add diversity to everyone's characters

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
"Smt's models" lol

We'd probably need to bug the shit out of Dave and even then we'd need to hand pick them from the pack (as there's a ton we'd never use on hl2rp (makeup as fuck, etc)) but yeah, some hand selected models from TnB pack + a couple from the packs would really add diversity to everyone's characters

Honestly that works for me. I'll be glad to see a few more people then male_06 and baldy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal