Author Topic: Ban strike system? Are we going to get it?  (Read 9764 times)

THC420

Re: Ban strike system? Are we going to get it?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
DOOOOEEEEETTTTTTTT

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:48 AM »
Just adding some feed back, if this was implemented, I think it would be fair to add a limit like... a month or two. Each month / two one ban strike would be removed. Not reset totally, but one removed.

E: And BTW, I mean if you where already perma'd, it would stay. But up to it, one deducted. Like 4 after a month would be 3. Ect

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
Just adding some feed back, if this was implemented, I think it would be fair to add a limit like... a month or two. Each month / two one ban strike would be removed. Not reset totally, but one removed.

E: And BTW, I mean if you where already perma'd, it would stay. But up to it, one deducted. Like 4 after a month would be 3. Ect
Same way they did it in Orange Cosmos but the bans had to be manually removed by the owner.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »

Yeah shit like this creeps me the fuck out, what if I get banned for 5 minutes.
Or an hour and it happens 5 times, that doesn't make sense.

Edit: You can still appeal from a permanent ban?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 10:19:07 AM »
If/When this is added it would only be so when you get banned for more than 1 day it would add a mark. Getting banned for less than that wont add a mark.

And yes you can appeal a permanent ban and that would remove a mark.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
Basiclly its implementing the OC way then. Except auto removal instead of manual each month.
what

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
Ban strikes will not happen.  They were too ehhh.  Ban points are halfway implemented.  Any ban over 6 hours on the forums will earn one, and I am working on making the it add one from ingame as well.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
Ban strikes will not happen.  They were too ehhh.  Ban points are halfway implemented.  Any ban over 6 hours on the forums will earn one, and I am working on making the it add one from ingame as well.

Wouldent that be the same as strikes, just under a different name? Or am I missing something? (Do tell me)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »
Strikes mean once you reach a number its auto-perma.  Points just gives a estimate of the amount of times banned.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »

Wouldent that be the same as strikes, just under a different name? Or am I missing something? (Do tell me)

Im just guessing this but i think that it WILL be different. It wont add strikes to your account and permaban you if you get to many. This is just a counter that counts all of your bans so admins can see if you have had a lot of bans.

What would be more awesome would be if we could have a ban history insted. Then you could see how many times the user was banned and for how long + the reason why he ws banned.

But at some point if the player does get to many bans he will be permanent banned by an admin.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »

Im just guessing this but i think that it WILL be different. It wont add strikes to your account and permaban you if you get to many. This is just a counter that counts all of your bans so admins can see if you have had a lot of bans.

What would be more awesome would be if we could have a ban history insted. Then you could see how many times the user was banned and for how long + the reason why he ws banned.

But at some point if the player does get to many bans he will be permanent banned by an admin.

OH! Got it. Thanks for clearing that up, makes more sense than an auto banner.

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 05:24:05 AM »

YES This is it! I think this will be the best solution :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal