Author Topic: Changes  (Read 18187 times)

Re: Changes
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
The blackmarket won't be run by the administration team entirely for weapons - it's just for distributing said weapons to the dealers, which will most likely be players

Hmm...sounds good but I think if we do this the said player will need to get a "yes" from 2 admins, then a roster type thing on the private forums so we can keep track of them. And the fact that if somehow an irresponsible player gets one, then that's not good lol.

If an irresponsible player gets one, its the authorities job to rectify the issue upon notice, not ours. When they start massively deathmatching, it's our job. Who the weapons go to is for fate to decide really. There'll be a structured blackmarket but that'll come in later and not at release.
Could this also apply to Outlands?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »
The blackmarket won't be run by the administration team entirely for weapons - it's just for distributing said weapons to the dealers, which will most likely be players

Hmm...sounds good but I think if we do this the said player will need to get a "yes" from 2 admins, then a roster type thing on the private forums so we can keep track of them. And the fact that if somehow an irresponsible player gets one, then that's not good lol.

If an irresponsible player gets one, its the authorities job to rectify the issue upon notice, not ours. When they start massively deathmatching, it's our job. Who the weapons go to is for fate to decide really. There'll be a structured blackmarket but that'll come in later and not at release.

Blackmarket?

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »

Blackmarket?

Yes, I think this would be a good thing for outlands. We need traders for ammunition and supplies seeing as spawner is gone.
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
I couldn't care less if the blackmarket died, just means people weren't careful enough

Ah man, this is gonna be fun. Now people actually have to be more careful instead of just flaunting around like some used to do and be even more secretive than before. :D

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »

Blackmarket?

Yes, I think this would be a good thing for outlands. We need traders for ammunition and supplies seeing as spawner is gone.

The spawner will be added back in, and I still haven't written any specifics about the blackmarket, so we'll see... So far, however, I don't expect the blackmarket to be released within one or two weeks after release. I want to wait and see how the server does without it's restrictions for a bit first, then make my decision.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »
Aiming to do an open "alpha" later today, if everything goes as planned. I'll come back with more information as soon as I can, but my hopes are it'll be up before 00:00 GMT +1. For reference:

Click here

It is not a promise, just stating that right now before anyone assumes so. If it does come up, it will be an alpha, nothing more. Expect bugs, expect things not to work the way you want to or it used to. There'll be things missing. All I want to do right now is get the server up so you can at the very least roleplay.

I aim to have the City server up first, and Outlands up as soon as humanly possible after.

Note: It's in a playable state unless you count not having your model automatically set as unit a gamebreaking thing. If you do, it really sucks to be you and I am so sorry for you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:50:49 PM by alexanderk »

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
Is this going to be a consistant server, e.g it'll be alpha and progress without the server going down after a while, or will it be an open alpha period then close to get feedback and open up in a few more weeks again?

Verr verr excite

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
It'll be consistent, we'll use the development server for making updates, and I aim to publish updates on Fridays unless it's a hotfix

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
Sorry to get your hopes up everyone. Some bugs popped up while doing the final testing, will have to wait until tomorrow when Khub and I are awake. Locking topic for now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal