Author Topic: Changes  (Read 18186 times)

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changes
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 03:40:03 AM »
If the rogue units get out of hand, I'll make it a requirement to get an auth from an admin.

To be entirely honest, I think if you are going to allow rogue units, it should need an auth right off the bat. If not an auth from an admin then at the very least have them make an auth app.

Why? No one is presenting a good argument for why I should make it require an auth

I could just be writing it off too soon but I seems to be a bit easy. Yes it's discouraged and yes it makes it more realistic by giving units an unrestricted choice of defying the Union but what exactly is preventing a recruit from joining the CCA for like 3 weeks and then going 'lol i defect' and then going rogue to be a lolwebul and then all the other new recruits see this and are like 'hurr...i wanna b rogue badass webul too!" then before you know it, there's like a good handful of rogues. Again, I'm sure you wouldn't let it reach this point but I just think it should be a precaution.

If the recruits defect after 3 weeks of being in the Union, do you not think something could be wrong internally rather than it simply being "ha im gonna be rogue because its fun!!!"? When you go rogue you are already dead if the Union knows what they're doing

Not all recruits realize this. In fact, a majority of recruits may not even understand the gravity of a lot of their decisions. I know when I was a recruit, I didn't.

I'll give it a trial run - if I see a lot of units defecting in a short timespan then something is obviously wrong, but when/if that time comes I'll approach Jonco about it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 03:43:36 AM »
If the rogue units get out of hand, I'll make it a requirement to get an auth from an admin.

To be entirely honest, I think if you are going to allow rogue units, it should need an auth right off the bat. If not an auth from an admin then at the very least have them make an auth app.

Why? No one is presenting a good argument for why I should make it require an auth

I could just be writing it off too soon but I seems to be a bit easy. Yes it's discouraged and yes it makes it more realistic by giving units an unrestricted choice of defying the Union but what exactly is preventing a recruit from joining the CCA for like 3 weeks and then going 'lol i defect' and then going rogue to be a lolwebul and then all the other new recruits see this and are like 'hurr...i wanna b rogue badass webul too!" then before you know it, there's like a good handful of rogues. Again, I'm sure you wouldn't let it reach this point but I just think it should be a precaution.

If the recruits defect after 3 weeks of being in the Union, do you not think something could be wrong internally rather than it simply being "ha im gonna be rogue because its fun!!!"? When you go rogue you are already dead if the Union knows what they're doing

Not all recruits realize this. In fact, a majority of recruits may not even understand the gravity of a lot of their decisions. I know when I was a recruit, I didn't.

I'll give it a trial run - if I see a lot of units defecting in a short timespan then something is obviously wrong, but when/if that time comes I'll approach Jonco about it.

Sounds fair enough to me.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 04:09:57 AM »
Units who defect typically want to be the snowflake in the resistance - somebody who stands out and generally they don't discard their armour/CCA equipment either even though it'd make them a big target. I've only met a few units who have deserted for good and properly roleplayed reasons.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 06:56:08 AM »

My opinion is it should be an auth for higher ranks, say rct-03 can go with notification to us, whereas higher ones(brainwashed) need to talk to admin or sa with good reasons etc for going.
what

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 06:58:05 AM »
I think 01 and above could need auth - but I'll bring it up internally with the team and Jonco when I come back. (Sleep)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 10:10:03 AM »
The thing that worries me the most about unauthed rogue units, is that people all think it's badass and cool to be a rogue unit, and hence use any simple excuse to become rogue. Recruits become demanding, because if they don't get what they want, they become rogue. And that will result in untrustworthy units breaking into the armory, and leaking a lot of weapons to citizens who shouldn't get weapons in the first place. And we all know from experience what happens if minges get hold of weapons in the city.

Sure, you can trail this entire thing. But expect to have a major weapon wipe when things go wrong, because IMO those chances are about 80%.

You know, you could have this trail thing going on, but if you make rogue units allowed, but only with administration auth! then you can see how things work out with rogue units, but don't go out of hand. If someone wants to be rogue, he has to ask an administrator and explain why he wants to be rogue. Then the admin can approve him or deny him. (Doesn't have to be a whole application/auth app bullshit, but at least inform the administrator and ask him if it's OK to be rogue to keep it a bit under control.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:12:09 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
Could you go into a bit more detail on the independance of CA's? Any specific or significant changes?

By controlling the black market ring, I presume you mean you'll be selecting dealers or? If you're not selling directly.

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »
Anyone who brings up that one rouge we had a while back should realize that was the most horrible RP I've ever seen on Outlands.
But it shouldn't taint the whole units going rouge(Though there should be some restrictions, like admin auths).
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 11:33:27 AM »
Anyone who brings up that one rouge we had a while back should realize that was the most horrible RP I've ever seen on Outlands.
But it shouldn't taint the whole units going rouge(Though there should be some restrictions, like admin auths).
That RP had its moments, but I agree it went rather derpy as it progressed.

I support admin auths.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
That RP had its moments, but I agree it went rather derpy as it progressed.

I support admin auths.

But in reality, it's not like we're going to have three units all pop along to the armory and then rampage all at once. Regardless it is still something that should be given an admin green-light before it happens.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »
Regarding units going rogue, if we're going to allow it, I agree with what's been said about having admin auths on it, but also, how realistically easy would it be for a unit to even go rogue? I mean the only way they could really go rogue is to sneak out of the Nexus or sneak off during a patrol and never come back or something. What are they going to do? Stand at the Nexus steps and say they're going rogue and just walk off, just to get shot by another unit? And plus, whenever a unit logs in, they spawn in the Nexus. So the only way having a rogue unit would work ICly would be for them to delete their unit and make a citizen representing their character that was once a unit and just RP taking off their uniform and weapons, etc.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
Don't they have biosignals on their uniforms anyway? Meaning unless they wanted to be caught they'd need to remove them meaning they'd use a citizen model anyways.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
Don't they have biosignals on their uniforms anyway? Meaning unless they wanted to be caught they'd need to remove them meaning they'd use a citizen model anyways.

If they were GRID wouldn't they have knowledge that would help them to disable the signal or some other such IC stuff? I believe something like that happened before.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Restrict rogue units entirely. I have tried it before even with heavy supervision, it will not work like you hope it to. Because it will turn into a "Why does he/she get to be rogue and not me its not fair!!!1!11!!!!" then next thing you know they decide to go rogue when no admins are on and distribute weapons like candy. Just don't do it.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »
If units bitch about going rogue to the point that they're fighting to get the chance to leave when they actually wanted to be part of the CCA, then they shouldn't have been recruited at all. You're not giving this a chance Kyle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal