Author Topic: Changes  (Read 18185 times)

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Changes
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
Hey. There are going to be some changes made to the server, most of them are unconfirmed but I can list the following anyways...

• Cybering is allowed as long as you're not doing it in public (as in the plaza for example)
  • Rogue units will be allowed (to some extent, if you're going rogue I'd like to be notified at the very least and it will also be highly discouraged ICly)
  • Weapons ban in plaza is being lifted. If you fuck up, I'll add the ban back again
  • Resistance will continue to be entirely player-controlled, no admin intervention unless you are getting out of hand in some strange way
  • Operator is no longer a rank in the administration but rather a punishment of sorts for administrators who screw up (roster is outdated, will be fixed)
  • POSSIBLE administration run blackmarket ring (we won't be selling goods to consumers, but we'll be controlling it)
  • Civil Administration will be a bit more independent of the Union with their new Embassy in the new C45 map

That's most of the changes I have so far. I'd like input from all of you and/or more suggestions. You can PM me about it if you are not comfortable discussing it in public.

For any concerns regarding my activity, I'll quote from my thread in the administration forum:
"First, for anyone who is concerned regarding my activity - that's perfectly understandable. If I do go inactive or for some reason lose motivation, I'll just inform RoflWaffle and he can find a suitable replacement."

If you have any concerns regarding me personally (being in power or anything like that), I'd prefer if you could PM me. Thanks!

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
Server status: Script stuff

This post will be updated as we go and prepare the servers. I'll make another topic when the servers are up, too!

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Nice changes, so fucking psyched.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »

• Rogue units will be allowed (to some extent, if you're going rogue I'd like to be notified at the very least and it will also be highly discouraged ICly)

Can anybody say "Spectre revival."?

5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:04 AM »
Rouge units should really be "kept on the leash". It can be a disaster of some idiot decides to go rouge. As long as the said units are watched closely by Alex or whoever, I don't see a problem with it.

All in all the changes are good, just some things need to have an eye or two on them.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:15 AM »
Can anybody say "Spectre revival."?

Spectre/ILLUSION is already a possible feature currently WIP

Section 2 has already started to draft out training/combat procedures when confronting rogue units.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 02:40:17 AM »
If the rogue units get out of hand, I'll make it a requirement to get an auth from an admin.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 02:47:58 AM »
This is gonna be good. I think the whole rogue unit thing could do /some/ good as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Hell, it'd create some interesting RP for the Resistance, as well as people in the Outlands.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 02:59:44 AM »
Perfect  Changes, couldnt ask for a better one.
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09:06 AM »
Glad to hear you guys like the changes. Any other changes you'd like? Open to suggestions.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 03:19:13 AM »
If the rogue units get out of hand, I'll make it a requirement to get an auth from an admin.

To be entirely honest, I think if you are going to allow rogue units, it should need an auth right off the bat. If not an auth from an admin then at the very least have them make an auth app.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 03:24:32 AM »

To be entirely honest, I think if you are going to allow rogue units, it should need an auth right off the bat. If not an auth from an admin then at the very least have them make an auth app.

Why? No one is presenting a good argument for why I should make it require an auth

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »

Why? No one is presenting a good argument for why I should make it require an auth

I could just be writing it off too soon but I seems to be a bit easy. Yes it's discouraged and yes it makes it more realistic by giving units an unrestricted choice of defying the Union but what exactly is preventing a recruit from joining the CCA for like 3 weeks and then going 'lol i defect' and then going rogue to be a lolwebul and then all the other new recruits see this and are like 'hurr...i wanna b rogue badass webul too!" then before you know it, there's like a good handful of rogues. Again, I'm sure you wouldn't let it reach this point but I just think it should be a precaution.

>I'll never forget...

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 03:32:17 AM »

I could just be writing it off too soon but I seems to be a bit easy. Yes it's discouraged and yes it makes it more realistic by giving units an unrestricted choice of defying the Union but what exactly is preventing a recruit from joining the CCA for like 3 weeks and then going 'lol i defect' and then going rogue to be a lolwebul and then all the other new recruits see this and are like 'hurr...i wanna b rogue badass webul too!" then before you know it, there's like a good handful of rogues. Again, I'm sure you wouldn't let it reach this point but I just think it should be a precaution.

If the recruits defect after 3 weeks of being in the Union, do you not think something could be wrong internally rather than it simply being "ha im gonna be rogue because its fun!!!"? When you go rogue you are already dead if the Union knows what they're doing

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 03:39:18 AM »

If the recruits defect after 3 weeks of being in the Union, do you not think something could be wrong internally rather than it simply being "ha im gonna be rogue because its fun!!!"? When you go rogue you are already dead if the Union knows what they're doing

Not all recruits realize this. In fact, a majority of recruits may not even understand the gravity of a lot of their decisions. I know when I was a recruit, I didn't.

>I'll never forget...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal